shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiter stone

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing pics! I love rainbow fire. If you stand near a sunny window with closed blinds facing down, you are prone to see it - similar to how light is dispersed under a tree.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So maybe it a a difference in color? I have a new WF ES I that I’ve been going back and forth on for a variety of reasons. Not sure if it’s my overall mood with what’s going on in the world or what but it doesn’t capture me.

Please share it with us!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
@daisygrl Beautiful! You have it in a stone holder... are you in the midst of a project (that I missed or forgot about)?

Yes, I am! The setting and the stone (pictured) are already picked out... now waiting 5-6 weeks (it has been three already but with the current situation who knows how much longer.)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
So maybe it a a difference in color? I have a new WF ES I that I’ve been going back and forth on for a variety of reasons. Not sure if it’s my overall mood with what’s going on in the world or what but it doesn’t capture me.

Please post a photo!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I am! The setting and the stone (pictured) are already picked out... now waiting 5-6 weeks (it has been three already but with the current situation who knows how much longer.)

I can't wait to see it!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamajemmy Thank you! I was standing in front of a window. By contrast for size, here is my GIA 3X, 2.01ct., SI2, E. There’s a definite size difference between an 8.59mm (above) and this 8.01mm.

D200FE01-7CE4-4F65-9314-4CDBC8C63D51.jpeg

That’s so beautiful! I love the flashes of pink too.

@mammajemmy I get a lot of blues/purples, yellow and orange fire in my triple X GIA K. But I rarely can photograph it like these ladies can. It never shows up in a photo for me but I just use an iPhone. Also, I don’t get flashes of pink which is my favorite. I don’t know for sure, but I wonder if you need a higher color for that? Like @headlight’s beautiful stone.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
That’s so beautiful! I love the flashes of pink too.

@mammajemmy I get a lot of blues/purples, yellow and orange fire in my triple X GIA K. But I rarely can photograph it like these ladies can. It never shows up in a photo for me but I just use an iPhone. Also, I don’t get flashes of pink which is my favorite. I don’t know for sure, but I wonder if you need a higher color for that? Like @headlight’s beautiful stone.

I wondered that too - if it is due to a color difference or cut?...etc.. Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 2.56.27 PM.png because, unlike you, all I see is pink colors on mine (it sometimes annoys me, lol.) Here is one more of mine (in a ring holder - or how you call the device that hold your stone so that it enables you to try it on your finger.)

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

I wondered that too - is it a color? a cut? Would E color be less colorful?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered that too - if it is due to a color difference or cut?...etc.. Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 2.56.27 PM.png because, unlike you, all I see is pink colors on mine (it sometimes annoys me, lol.) Here is one more of mine (in a ring holder - or how you call the device that hold your stone so that it enables you to try it on your finger.)

Gorgeous! I love the pinks and blues on your stone too. I get fire and beautiful colors on my stone but no pink darn it! :lol:

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I wondered that too - is it a color? a cut? Would E color be less colorful?

It’s so interesting that we could have all similarly cut stones and see different colors in them. I used to think maybe it was just different cameras or better photo skills but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@diamondsR4eVR Honestly, I was shocked I captured those photos because I also experience what you were saying... I will SEE in person a beautiful image emanating from my diamond but when I try to capture it with my iphone it never translates. The color of my BGD is H, negligible FL. The color of my 3X is E with faint FL. I have been having a good time comparing my new super ideal to my 3X and they are so very, very close to one another as I compare them in different lighting settings. There is a wee very minute slight difference that only a PSer would even notice. I keep comparing and they are so very, very close. Facets sharper on the BGD, as one would expect. But the performance is so almost the same I have been shocked. The BGD perhaps a minute bit better but it is also a lot larger, so everything is going to seem "more". But I keep holding them side by side in different rooms, different lighting, different weather outdoors and it's very, very close. I will say that I most definitely can see the color difference. But as far as performance is concerned, I am very happy to now have the knowledge that my 3X is actually a very nice stone! I was afraid I would never want to wear my 3X again after getting the BGD recut stone but, surprisingly, I feel drawn to wearing my 3X and I think it is about its E color which I guess tells me I made the right choice when I got that stone. I am very eager to get the other recut from BGD back... that is an approx 2.17ct (8.44mm) VS2, G with med blue FL. It got delayed at the factory and now AGS is closed so it's going to be awhile before I see it. It will be set as a solitaire pendant. I am very curious to see how it compares with regard to color to the other stones.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the pinks and blues on your stone too. I get fire and beautiful colors on my stone but no pink darn it! :lol:

It is funny because when I tried to capture my diamond on the website I bought it from (when they are enlarged and turn around), I saw nothing but pink :lol: I found it odd since I am not so used to it.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I’m not 100% on it yet.

It’s a 2.38 I si1 WF expert selection. I was coming from a 1.8 H GIA ex that became damaged. My finger size is 5.25.

It faces up very white for an I... good compromise on a color to get a bigger size! The color upgrades in this size (mine is in that range as well) are so expensive!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
It faces up very white for an I... good compromise on a color to get a bigger size! The color upgrades in this size (mine is in that range as well) are so expensive!

Totally!! I wasn’t really planning to go this big— it just kind of snowballed. I don’t have a problem with the color, or warmth I should say, but just not sure about the personality on this one. I don’t know if it grabs me. My mood is also in a funk though, and quite honestly, I would not have made this large of a purchase right now with everything that’s going on. I’m wondering if a smaller and slightly less expensive stone might be the way to go.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Totally!! I wasn’t really planning to go this big— it just kind of snowballed. I don’t have a problem with the color, or warmth I should say, but just not sure about the personality on this one. I don’t know if it grabs me. My mood is also in a funk though, and quite honestly, I would not have made this large of a purchase right now with everything that’s going on. I’m wondering if a smaller and slightly less expensive stone might be the way to go.

Well, I believe (but that just might be me) that our diamonds should make us happy, especially in these gloomy times... if you look at it, it should make you smile and if it does not, perhaps find something that will? (if you are still in a return/refund stage.)

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Well, I believe (but that just might be me) that our diamonds should make us happy, especially in these gloomy times... if you look at it, it should make you smile and if it does not, perhaps find something that will? (if you are still in a return/refund stage.)

I totally agree. I guess I’m just in the “is it you or is it me” stage with this ring. Still in the return period— just not sure when the world will open back up.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree. I guess I’m just in the “is it you or is it me” stage with this ring. Still in the return period— just not sure when the world will open back up.

Look at it at different times and in different lightings and then make a decision. It is a lot of money so you want to be sure. I took me 3 months of constant looking for diamonds from different vendors to pick mine.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Look at it at different times and in different lightings and then make a decision. It is a lot of money so you want to be sure. I took me 3 months of constant looking for diamonds from different vendors to pick mine.

For me at WF it’s hard to see many differences. They all look amazing and all pretty much look the same to me. Maybe I don’t have enough of an eye for it. In that situation it hard to tell what my eye is drawn to.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
For me at WF it’s hard to see many differences. They all look amazing and all pretty much look the same to me. Maybe I don’t have enough of an eye for it. In that situation it hard to tell what my eye is drawn to.

Same with me. :lol: They all look the same. I was exposed to two super ideal cuts that I compared side by side and was not sure what to look for. One performed a bit better than the other so I picked that one.

headlight

Ideal_Rock

I was thinking similarly....

headlight

Ideal_Rock

... and even then I have doubts!!!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
... and even then I have doubts!!!

We all do. There will always be "better" (for the lack of a better word) diamonds, better cuts (more modern with more sparkle). But no diamond is perfect. When I was looking for mine, I was adamant to find 34.5/40.8, small table...etc, great clarity (not talking IF),...etc, but then I realized that I would be looking forever. So I learned what I liked and preferred (angles and depth over table size) and focused on that to pick what I can be proud to wear (without "I should have...").

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I had been second-guessing myself for a year, being pissed off at my jeweler, at the GIA lol, at my husband, at myself for not making the right choice. But now I have made piece with it because it never gets old for me to see the E color, and it’s not easy to find a good 2ct in an E, I’ve scoured online listings for a year now and I think I recall @sledge mentioning it on a couple occasions but don’t quote me, and now that I have my super ideal to compare it to I feel so much better about it. But it’s a lot of money, it’s not like a top that you decide next season you didn’t really like or end up wearing much and it goes in the donation bag... it’s a big decision, regardless of your budget!!! And there’s no way my husband would’ve ever agreed to me getting a super ideal in a 2ct E color! Having my inherited stones is what made the recuts possible. But now that I have them my husband is slowly accepting the grim reality lol that the studs I’m going to get will be super ideals. Obviously the pandemic is going to push this out farther but I guess it will give him more time to accept the reality. But at least now he can see for himself what the precision cutting is all about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results