shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiter stone

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I can't look at diamonds from 5-6 inches because that's not normal viewing distance. Mostly you will see it on your hand! So if you are not clarity sensitive, which is a very good thing, I'd try the 2.8 H if you prefer the size.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a 1.6 H SI2 that had twinning wisps as its main inclusions. I THINK they were visible upon close inspection and a teeny tiny crystal visible from the profile. It didnt bother me too much. Diamonds are a zero sum game. There is always a compromise, :knockout:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I can't look at diamonds from 5-6 inches because that's not normal viewing distance. Mostly you will see it on your hand! So if you are not clarity sensitive, which is a very good thing, I'd try the 2.8 H if you prefer the size.

WF suggested seeing it in person before rejecting it. Of course, nothing is being shipped out at the moment.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I already know the 2.5 will be too small but the specs are so clean. The 2.8 is actually ideal but I don't know if that is the right stone. I feel like something else will come along that I will like but then again the price is right - unless it drops further this month.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You'd be surprised at some of my in-laws! :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already know the 2.5 will be too small but the specs are so clean. The 2.8 is actually ideal but I don't know if that is the right stone. I feel like something else will come along that I will like but then again the price is right - unless it drops further this month.

@TweetyBird23 -

I have a VS2 - and it's just not mind clean for me. When I take super blown up photos, I can see the inclusions, and even tho that's not normal viewing distance, it just goes to show that sometimes I do things I enjoy with my ring (ie photography) where I CAN see the inclusions - and it bugs me. If I didn't photograph my diamonds, or if they were smaller - no problem. But for larger diamonds that I know I want to see on my hand, in photos, on someone else, reflected in a mirror - whatever! - I'm sticking to VS1. So I hear you on your reservations.

Is it possible for you to save a little more to get into the H VS2 range? I'm getting the feeling that this is your sweet spot....

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I placed a deposit on the 2.5 H VS1 ACA.

When I found Pricescope, my dream specs were a 2.5 H mrb! I've gone for size over color twice now and realize that the other specs are important to me. G-d forbid this is my last upgrade, I would rather leave DD with a 2.5 H VS1 ACA over a 2.88 J SI1.

I reserve the right to keep upgrading like a good PSer tho! Thanks for all the help. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAAAAAAAAY!!

I am SO glad you bought this stone! I think it's a STUNNER. And I LOVE a 2.5ct stone as a solitaire and, in fact, think it's the perfect size for a soli. It's big enough to have lots of presence on the finger, but not so large that it overpowers the band, changes the proportions, and ends up just looking like a blob on your finger. Remember - jewelry is a visual thing - there's more to it than size.

You just got one of the great diamonds. Awesome!

Are they setting it for you also? Can't wait to see some photos!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YAAAAAAAAY!!

I am SO glad you bought this stone! I think it's a STUNNER. And I LOVE a 2.5ct stone as a solitaire and, in fact, think it's the perfect size for a soli. It's big enough to have lots of presence on the finger, but not so large that it overpowers the band, changes the proportions, and ends up just looking like a blob on your finger. Remember - jewelry is a visual thing - there's more to it than size.

You just got one of the great diamonds. Awesome!

Are they setting it for you also? Can't wait to see some photos!

Hehe, your excitement is contagious, @mrs-b! A blob lol.

I still don't know why I didn't go for the 2.8 H SI1 when it's the size and color I would have preferred but something told me not to get it and to stick with the 2.5 for now. This will be my first diamond that is completely mind clean, yayayay!

WF isn't shipping anything right now so the stone is on hold. I'm planning to have it set exactly the same way in the rose gold solitaire with platinum head. Here is the 2.88 J on DD. She is also set to inherit her godmother's 3 carat D SI1 Asscher. The rocks this girl has in the pipeline - I hope she appreciates them! :lol:

IMG_3952 2.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 -

You perhaps remember I went from a 4.01ct down to a 3.05ct. The 3.05ct is better. That's only my opinion, but it IS my opinion. There's something very gratifying about having your jeweler say "Your diamond is one of the most beautiful diamonds we've ever set. Your ring is perfection."

That don't suck.

Seriously, I cannot WAIT for your new ring!!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay I’m glad you chose that stone! It’s gorgeous. I’m a size 4.5 and I just upgraded to a 2.02ct CBI and it’s plenty big IMHO. :)

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay I’m glad you chose that stone! It’s gorgeous. I’m a size 4.5 and I just upgraded to a 2.02ct CBI and it’s plenty big IMHO. :)

Lol. I am size 4 and I have just gotten 2.13ct CBI (not with me yet) and I am super curios what it will look like on my finger. Do you have pics of your ring, by any chance?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think you are going to love that diamond! No worries about color or clarity - don't think anyone ever regrets buying quality.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol. I am size 4 and I have just gotten 2.13ct CBI (not with me yet) and I am super curios what it will look like on my finger. Do you have pics of your ring, by any chance?

Here you go. Sorry for the state of my hands/nails.....I’ve been washing them 500,002 times a day!
I’ll try to get better pictures soon!
58FF6DF5-BA5B-48AF-A319-B11723300F74.jpeg

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go. Sorry for the state of my hands/nails.....I’ve been washing them 500,002 times a day!
I’ll try to get better pictures soon!
58FF6DF5-BA5B-48AF-A319-B11723300F74.jpeg

It is gorgeous and, you are right, plenty big! CBI diamonds never stop amazing me!

PS: no worries about hands, mine are so dry I don't even bother putting cream on because I keep washing them every 30 secs.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Lovely ring, weecam! One thing that helps is putting hand lotion with a pump next to the kitchen and bathroom sinks. I love CeraVe's moisturizing cream in the royal blue color tub!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Lovely ring, weecam! One thing that helps is putting hand lotion with a pump next to the kitchen and bathroom sinks. I love CeraVe's moisturizing cream in the royal blue color tub!

Ah thank you! I work in a seniors residence so I’m washing my hands often. The residence is on lockdown and we’re delivering their lunch door to door because the dining room is closed.
I’ll look for that cream however I’m in Canada, perhaps Amazon carries it.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah thank you! I work in a seniors residence so I’m washing my hands often. The residence is on lockdown and we’re delivering their lunch door to door because the dining room is closed.
I’ll look for that cream however I’m in Canada, perhaps Amazon carries it.

Thank you for your service, weecam! I have eczema and my dermatologist recommends it. CeraVe has different blue color jars so it’s the royal blue one I like. It’s great for the hands and body - very moisturizing but not greasy - and the pump makes it easier to use and it comes in this little travel size. :)

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your service, weecam! I have eczema and my dermatologist recommends it. CeraVe has different blue color jars so it’s the royal blue one I like. It’s great for the hands and body - very moisturizing but not greasy - and the pump makes it easier to use and it comes in this little travel size. :)

Thank you! I’m going to buy some.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your decision! I can’t wait to see it and hear what you think about it.

I am so happy with my 2.58! Perfect size.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
oops, sorry so large!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
As another size reference, here is my BGD 2.31ct, VVS2, H on my 4.75 ring size:

EEC32D7C-E20F-41D2-AA3A-98E4E2A27025.jpeg

This is stunning. I absolutely love all the colors it picks up. I don’t think I’ve seen that occur in my own stone. What do you attribute it to?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 2.56.53 PM.png Mine has those colors, too. I thought all super ideal cuts have them.

That’s so beautiful? What color is it? Is that a hard photo to capture? I feel like I saw that in my H that wasn’t as well cut (though still GIA ex) but not as much in the I

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
That’s so beautiful? What color is it? Is that a hard photo to capture? I feel like I saw that in my H that wasn’t as well cut (though still GIA ex) but not as much in the I

This one is a G, CBI stone, so super ideal. I don't think it is too hard to capture it (depending of what device you use for taking pics.)

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
This one is a G, CBI stone, so super ideal. I don't think it is too hard to capture it (depending of what device you use for taking pics.)

So maybe it a a difference in color? I have a new WF ES I that I’ve been going back and forth on for a variety of reasons. Not sure if it’s my overall mood with what’s going on in the world or what but it doesn’t capture me.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@Mamajemmy Thank you! I was standing in front of a window. By contrast for size, here is my GIA 3X, 2.01ct., SI2, E. There’s a definite size difference between an 8.59mm (above) and this 8.01mm.

D200FE01-7CE4-4F65-9314-4CDBC8C63D51.jpeg

headlight

Ideal_Rock

@daisygrl Beautiful! You have it in a stone holder... are you in the midst of a project (that I missed or forgot about)?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results