shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash vs. Tiffany DBTY - Can you tell the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I finally have the time to thank everyone! Sorry it took so long and thanks for the fun!
19.gif

Hudson_Hawk, thank you so much! I adore your halo!!!

ysj99, we are tiff bezel sisters! I think the solitaire one is slightly under a carat. I have to dig out the letter it came with. If it were post PS, I would totally remember. So bad, right?

puffy, your son is sooooo cute! What a gorgeous boy! Thanks!

tlh, I love love love your songs! Thanks so much! I do the same thing - sing loud songs in the shower for FI to hear. I think they secretly love it. I can hear him laughing sometimes.

Coati! I wonder how you're going to set your amazing 3-stone. That thing shows up in my dreams sometimes!

Skippy Sup-A Granny Sista!!!!!!!!!! Doing great! How in the world am I just NOW noticing the huge diamond studs on top of your avatar???? I think my eyes were distracted by the nutty deliciousness of the Skippy!

grapegravity...Hubba hubba right back atcha! I'm going to try the bracelet idea! Thanks!

fuzzypill, love the screen name! Thanks!!!

Hiya Honey! It's only fair we spur each other on. Your new WF ring is To Die For.

Bee* - Hey tiffany girl! I have long admired your Lucida! So thanks for the compliment!!!!

diamondseeker2006...the avatar that launched a thousand upgrades and resets. Your set is...*sigh*
Sorry I didn't respond earlier - the tcw for the WF necklace is 1.65. Each stone is 15 points and I asked for 11! I had it made in platinum because those suckers are really hard to clean - and I wanted to dump them in the ammonia whenever I wanted. Also, white gold turns yellow on me! So I can't wear it! I like plat because for super fine chains like this - they are incredibly strong, too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl... niiiiiiiiice watch, girlfriend!!!!!

Dani! Hello! It's 1.65 tcw for the WF necklace! Ask for Sheerah if you want one! She is the Princess of Power!!!!

chiquitapet -- I LOVE KANYE! Love Lockdown is so awesome. Thanks so much!!!!!

mochi! Thanks! I love mochis. Now I want a mochi! That stone in your avatar is FIRE!

TravelingGal - thanks!!!!! I adore your taste in jewelry and am eagerly awaiting your pad news. Love the idea of Amelia stones/rings! I'm sooooo doing that in the future! That is, if we are also blessed with a lil' one!

kittybean... I have loved your ring for AGES. I have never ever seen a setting like that. It's divine. *sigh*

Claritek! Nice solitaire, baby! Gorgeous!!!!! And it can do tricks!!!!!! So classy and elegant. I heart solitaires.

Deelight... love the kitty avatar! Thanks!!!! What a little furball!

thing2of2... THANKS! Is that your acrobatic cat??? That is freaking amazing!!!!!! You must be looking up all the time in case a cat comes jumping down on you! So cute!

Burk, what a gorgeous baby! She is an angel! What incredible blue eyes! Ahahahahaha! And the little clip is too cute! Thanks!

kcoursolle... love the diamond band in your avatar. It's huge!!!! I want one! I think WF has this as a bracelet? I'm not sure! If not, they really should!

Kelli, that is an amazing ring. It's massive. It's so crisp. It's.... It's....thud.

musey! Hey tiff sista! Love the Jazz band! That is the perfect set! Who knew they would go together so perfectly???

icekid - that stone is TDF. Baguettes and all... Just gorgeous. Betcha get a lot of comments!

Sharon - it's an odd thing! To answer your question... When it comes to flipping, the Tiff pendant never EVER flips. In all the years I have worn it, it has never flipped or moved position. The WF diamonds are much much smaller and they flip ALL THE TIME. They do not migrate, however, because I had them spaced out so that they'd be weighted in the front. I tried on the one at tiff and they flip too. I think all diamonds that small (15 points) will flip! They're acrobatic sparklies! Maybe ACA really stands for Acrobatic Cut Arrows. LOL.

I would say that the flipping is kind of neat. I thought it would bug me but the flipped sides sparkle almost as much as the table side. It's a different kind of sparkle. Instead of bright white sparkles you'd get from the face up side, you get chunks of sparkles from the pavillions. It's really neat. If you don't look closely, it's hard to tell because they just sparkle in whatever position they're in. Love the ACAs. I highly recommend them!

Freke! I gotta work on one! Yours is amazing! You should do one with SHOES!!!!
31.gif

Thank you, krockie! What an amazing setting for your solitaire. That is lovely!

plethora23... Gulp. That halo. Gulp. Those arrows.
30.gif

VRBeauty, thank you!!!! Yes, that was me! My mom gave me 1k to spend at WF for Christmas. So I decided to do the DBTY necklace... but when I went custom, I had to more than triple it to get the bigger diamonds and platinum setting. But who's counting?
31.gif
Thanks, MOM!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks for your input! Thing is, I have seen a wonderful DBTY necklace here locally, about 30 inches, 3.50 ctw for a little more than what you paid. I think there are 23 stones at 15-16 points each if memory serves. I have not seen the piece since Christmas--but I called and they still have it. Now I do not recall if the stones were really sparkly or not--but they are not ideals like your ACA''s. And I am wondering if it makes a difference in a piece like this--and if I should get ACA''s or simply buy here.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cheers--Sharon

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, all I know is you sure as heck better post loads of photos when you get your necklace!

30.gif
I just love this style. Classic, yet different. Whimsical, yet refined. LOVE IT!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 5:10:54 PM
Author: Bliss
musey! Hey tiff sista! Love the Jazz band! That is the perfect set! Who knew they would go together so perfectly???
Thanks, Bliss!
1.gif
35.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 8:29:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Thanks for your input! Thing is, I have seen a wonderful DBTY necklace here locally, about 30 inches, 3.50 ctw for a little more than what you paid. I think there are 23 stones at 15-16 points each if memory serves. I have not seen the piece since Christmas--but I called and they still have it. Now I do not recall if the stones were really sparkly or not--but they are not ideals like your ACA's. And I am wondering if it makes a difference in a piece like this--and if I should get ACA's or simply buy here.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon!

If you think the diamonds sparkle in the necklace you saw at your jeweler's... I might lean towards that! On the other hand, the ACAs are no joke. They really throw off incredible sparkle for their teeny tiny sizes. Also, mine was probably more because I went custom. It might be less if it were stock. Also, is the necklace you saw in platinum? That also makes a difference and it definitely added to the cost of what I paid. If it's plat and you get double the diamonds for about the same price and the diamonds are nice... I would go for it! Make sure the diamonds are really sparkly, because they need to be for the size that they are! I'm so excited to see this beauty!

Can you post a photo?

31.gif

I think the beauty of the WF necklace is how it's soooo similar to the Tiff necklace. Literally, I cannot tell the two apart. I've seen many copies, but the chain is off or the bezel is off. I put my Tiff diamond side by side to this and it's perfection. I wanted the option to layer them and have them look good together. But if you just want the look and the 30 inch is pretty --- I'd do it! Hubba hubba! Get it now and post pics, sister!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 10:18:44 PM

Date: 3/10/2009 8:29:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Thanks for your input! Thing is, I have seen a wonderful DBTY necklace here locally, about 30 inches, 3.50 ctw for a little more than what you paid. I think there are 23 stones at 15-16 points each if memory serves. I have not seen the piece since Christmas--but I called and they still have it. Now I do not recall if the stones were really sparkly or not--but they are not ideals like your ACA's. And I am wondering if it makes a difference in a piece like this--and if I should get ACA's or simply buy here.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon!

If you think the diamonds sparkle in the necklace you saw at your jeweler's... I might lean towards that! On the other hand, the ACAs are no joke. They really throw off incredible sparkle for their teeny tiny sizes. Also, mine was probably more because I went custom. It might be less if it were stock. Also, is the necklace you saw in platinum? That also makes a difference and it definitely added to the cost of what I paid. If it's plat and you get double the diamonds for about the same price and the diamonds are nice... I would go for it! Make sure the diamonds are really sparkly, because they need to be for the size that they are! I'm so excited to see this beauty!

Can you post a photo?

31.gif

I think the beauty of the WF necklace is how it's soooo similar to the Tiff necklace. Literally, I cannot tell the two apart. I've seen many copies, but the chain is off or the bezel is off. I put my Tiff diamond side by side to this and it's perfection. I wanted the option to layer them and have them look good together. But if you just want the look and the 30 inch is pretty --- I'd do it! Hubba hubba! Get it now and post pics, sister!!!
HI:

Your necklace is devine! No the one here is in 18K.....and it is the length I love so much. I could double it or wear it varying lengths, and wear it together wiht my new Links of London 30 inch necklace.

They do not allow pics--unless you buy it! Weeeee'lllllllll seeeeeeeeeee
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 5:10:54 PM
Skippy Sup-A Granny Sista!!!!!!!!!! Doing great! How in the world am I just NOW noticing the huge diamond studs on top of your avatar???? I think my eyes were distracted by the nutty deliciousness of the Skippy!
hehe, I always smile big when when I read your posts!!!
9.gif
You are such a vivacious and lovely person, thanks about the studs and hehe to the Skippy pb!!! Glad things are great; even more awesome with bling, right?! hehe
31.gif
9.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, that necklace is gorgeous, absolutely and totally gorgeous!
30.gif
It looks so elegant, delicate and almost like it was made just for your neck (which is also beautiful, btw!)
9.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sharon! I forgot your Links of London necklace! That is a work of art! It is soooooo beautiful. It still sticks out in my mind. Gorgeous and clearly exquisite.

If white gold does not turn on you, I would get it!!!! The thing is, these little bezel set diamonds are really hard to clean. There are several of them and you would want them to really shine. The US is best or dumping them in an ammonia solution every time you're done wearing them is good. WG would have turned buttery if I had done that with the DBTY. That is the only consideration! It is a very slight and comfortable necklace so you might want to "live" in it in the summer - wear it in the shower, to the pool, etc. It looks great at the pool! LOL. WG might turn and you might want to put it on and forget it's there. Otherwise if you're one of the lucky ones who do not perform alchemy and turn WG yellow, what a deal - so many diamonds and the perfect length!!! Yours will be very substantial!!!! Veeeerrrrrry tempting!!!! It is going to be a KNOCKOUT! So many blingers!!!! Wow. I can't wait to see it!

I have a feeling you're going to get it!

Skippy, YES! PB and diamonds? Can anyone ask for more??? Well, maybe if you put some of Freke's shoes next to it. LOL!!!!

AdiS, thank you! Your set is deeeeeeeviiiiiiiiine. I must not be tempted by the elegance of a solitaire! Must. Not. Look. At. Your. Avatar! Oooohhhh! I peeked! It's purdy!

28.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohmigosh, Bliss! I don''t know how I missed this, but I WANT!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Seriously, it''s lovely, and I echo Freke''s sentiment in requesting a photoshoot of your whole collection!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:27:46 AM

AdiS, thank you! Your set is deeeeeeeviiiiiiiiine. I must not be tempted by the elegance of a solitaire! Must. Not. Look. At. Your. Avatar! Oooohhhh! I peeked! It''s purdy!

28.gif
lol thanks Bliss! I guess we always want what we don''t have right?! I mean I love my ring, but sometimes I catch myself craving for a halo, split shank or a 3-stone! The craving usually dies down fast enough, luckily!
4.gif

I think the best solution is to get one of each though!
27.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:00:00 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I wonder how this beauty would look with every other stone *koff* a sapphire?
9.gif
Um. GORGEOUS. That''s how it would look.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Next time I go to my jewellers to see the necklace, I plan to take my idealscope. Just for reference....
2.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sharon!

Gilt.com is having a Links of London sale (just fun stuff - nothing like that couture statement necklace you have. But it reminded me of you!

I say the DBTY you want is a great item with amazing value... I can't wait to see this substantial beauty! I also love turning necklaces into lariats and doubling them. There's so much you can do with a 30 inch necklace! You can even tie it, loop it... anything!

Lauren, thanks! You first! With shoes!
36.gif
I'm in love with your pieces already.

SanDiegoLady, your sapphire idea is making my gears turn AGAIN!!!! You should design jewelry. Seriously.
30.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love both your necklaces and your ring. That''s alot of bling
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I keep coming back to this thread to stare at those beautiful necklaces. I love them so much! They are perfect alone and together . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results