shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash vs other local jeweler for designer setting

Elsp03

Rough_Rock
All going well I will be having a diamond I bought online set locally. Whiteflash is about an hour's drive away. I'm leaning toward a Ritani setting right now. Since the setting will be ordered from Ritani and I already have the diamond, is there a reason to go to Whiteflash over a reputable local (closer) jeweler that also carries Ritani? Would prices probably vary or are they set by the designer? I know I'll have to get it insured before having it set.

Thank you for any help you can give! I still have a lot to learn about this whole process.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really. Have them send it to Ritani to set. Not have them set it themselves.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the diamond from WF? If so, definitely have them set it. If not, then I'd just go local.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash is a Ritani dealer. Have Whiteflash get the setting and set it for you (or have them send the stone to Ritani to set it, however they do this--you could ask them); this way, if anything happens during setting (unlikely), Whiteflash or Ritani assumes the risk/liability. Saves you the hassle of getting it insured before it's set, too. And usually, designer setting costs don't vary that much--but if you've found a local jeweler who sells it for less than Whiteflash, see if Whiteflash will match their price.

Elsp03

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies. The diamond is not from Whiteflash, but since they have such good reviews I just wondered if it would be worth going through them for the setting. I'll likely check out both, but it sounds like either would likely be fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results