shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash v James Allan 6 prong solitaire- advice please

Spotlight2112

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I am in the market for an engagement ring for partner. She has her heart set on a round brilliant diamond solitaire setting.

I have narrowed my searches to Whiteflash and James Allan.

In terms of the setting, I am deciding between the WF knfie edge setting and their 'contemporary' Tiffany setting. Can anyone point me in the direction of a PS user with either setting set with around a .8c diamond?

I am seeking some advice on the relative size of the diamond. My budget for the ring is $5000. I am looking at the following specs:
Color: I - J
Cut: Excellent
Clarity: VS2 - SI2 (provided eye clean)
Carat: .8 and above

My girlfriend has mentioned in passing, loving 'sparkly diamonds', which is what lead me to WF ACA and wxpert selection. It is important to be able to upgrade the diamond in say 5 years time.

I would appreciate any experience you have in WF v JA, in particular a preference for 'value' of price and performance.

Thanks in advance.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Whiteflash v James Allan 6 prong solitaire- advice pleas

FYI if you intend to upgrade with JA, you will have to pay at least twice your original purchase price. I think people who know they'll upgrade should go with WF or BGD or CBI or GOG.

The expert selection diamonds at WF are good choices... better value than ACA with no discernible difference to probably anyone looking at the diamonds side by side. I'd bet money that if you had ACA's mixed with ES's, you wouldn't be able to tell which was which.

EDIT: actually, ES and ACA priced very similarly in that carat range. I might spend another $50 for the brand.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Whiteflash v James Allan 6 prong solitaire- advice pleas

My girlfriend has mentioned in passing, loving 'sparkly diamonds', which is what lead me to WF ACA and wxpert selection. It is important to be able to upgrade the diamond in say 5 years time.

FYI if you intend to upgrade with JA, you will have to pay at least twice your original purchase price. I think people who know they'll upgrade should go with WF or BGD or CBI or GOG.

Just to give the OP a different view, if you start with an 0.8c I/J SI/VS (2.5~3.0k), the upgrading policy at JA should not be an big issue, at least for the very first upgrade, which will likely be well above 1.0c, at least 5.0k anyways.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.80-carat-j-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1098077
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.80-carat-j-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1138673

I see some ACA 0.85c I VS stones at WF at 4.0k.
Also within your budget, WF offers great deals on H/G color stones if you stay under 0.9c. Explore these options as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results