shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash U113 bad experience

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Have to say I’ve read the entire thread and I’ve been extremely impressed with the way WF has responded. I’ve got my eye on a set of studs for my next big birthday and I’m definitely going through WF for them - even sent my husband the link!

OP your ring looks totally stunning - it suits your hand so beautifully. I’m sure if you want to get your prongs redone they will do a great job and it will look equally lovely. But either way the ring is just fabulous on you. Congratulations.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond!!!!! :kiss2:

A

Andromeda

@scarlettzzhang Beautiful ring! Although I do see what you mean about the prongs. Love the set with your wedding ring as well! Congratulations!

A

Andromeda

It is interesting the way elitist words of older members and patronizing of newer members is being explained away as "experience" and willingness to help. No one has the right to tell anyone else that their experiences are invalid just because they didn't post as many comments on a forum or didn't purchase as many jewelry or share in public forum that they bought jewelry. It's like celebrating privilege at the expense of belittling those that don't have any. Just because someone who posts here a lot prefers to handle issues privately doesn't mean everyone else has to follow suit. Neither does voicing opinion openly even though certain posters like to stay hush-hush about their issues and don't want to help other people about potential issues, makes being vocal wrong. I really hope members try to incorporate a little more compassion and respect for everyone. It is not "entitlement" to voice issues. It's entitlement to think it is acceptable to tell someone how they ought to feel in certain situations.

Food for thought.

Am happy the way WF owned their oversight and handled the issue promptly. The ring is gorgeous nonetheless.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post history is public here on PS. Folks are always free to evaluate the merits of others’ opinions by their contributions - or lack thereof. In fact, I highly recommend it.

Once again, WF has handled a difficult situation with poise and courtesy. I’m very proud to be a WF customer.

Last edited:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
It’s lovely on you. I actually love the shape of the prongs but alas, we each have our own preferences. Jewelry is so personal.

I’ve had a couple issues with Whiteflash with various orders. Both were resolved to satisfaction quickly so there’s no cause for complain (albeit a little disappointment when it happens!)

Enjoy her in all her glory!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up my ring!!
First I have to say, we are AMAZED by how shiny this diamond is! It sparkles like crazy in the sun. The ring looks very sexy. And it fits perfectly with my 7 stone band from I.D. Jewelry! I’m so in love.
But I do feel like the prong is a bit too sharp/prominent for me. I don’t really like this look. Will probably ship it back to get it redone. 6AD3463D-F826-470A-87C0-A2431015A265.jpeg
Here are some pictures:

Stunning diamond!! Looks like it has amazing sparkle. Agree that it is perfect with your diamond band, so good I would’ve thought you picked them out together. Looking forward to seeing it all again when you get the tab prongs you want.

scarlettzzhang

Rough_Rock
Any update on your ring @scarlettzzhang?
Did you end up sending it back to WF to change the prongs?
Please post more pictures so we can see!

Hi! I was gonna update this post with pics when I get my ring back. I’m still waiting on it. WF said that I should be getting it early next week!
So far WF has been amazing with customer service. I realized the reason I don’t like claw prong was because it made the diamond look hexagon instead of round. They were nice enough to let me find a picture online with my favorite type of prong as a reference. So I found one with even more delicate/thin/flat prong than the original tab prong and sent it to them. They said they would try to make it look like that! Also they were supposed to ship it out on Friday. Since there would be a delay they were willing to upgrade my shipping to overnight. Thats super nice of them on that part. I can’t wait to see what it looks like next week!
Will post pics once I get the ring!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting OP, you’ve done nothing wrong here. I think others should put themselves in the shoes of a first time poster and look at it from their perspective. We could all learn a little if we do that a little more in our lives.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, this thread can caused a whole new fiasco again....

Here’s my 2cents why things can go wrong in a thread like this:

People see a Online review/complaint/whatever you name it in different way.

Nowadays, when you shop in Etsy/Ebay/wherever. You’ll notice the seller will put a disclaimer: Please contact us first if you unsatisfied with your order, we’ll do our best to fix it for you. Please don’t write bad reviews without contacting us to solve the problem.

Those disclaimers happened because reviews are very very important in e-commers. Many people expect, as long as the problem is solved, no bad reviews left in digital world.

Here in PS, some people expect the same thing, if the vendors working to fix the problem, why left bad reviews for them? This is very important to their business.

But, however, some people doesn’t aware of this kind of situation and they have different mindset. And they feel like its OK to leave a bad reviews regardless it is solved or not because thats what actually happened.

who’s right and who’s wrong? No one, its just different mindsets and seeing things from different angle.

This thread specifically is good, glad OP bring this up so future WF customers are aware to specifically ask which type of prongs they want.

To be honest, this thread is very useful for new or would be WF customers.

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
Yes I concur with your post . :)

It was for me who had the same ring ordered with Whiteflash - I was able to give prong instructions and avoid the same thing the OP is going through!

(My ring was supposed to be here yesterday but didn’t get through quality control in time to ship so sounds like it’ll be here Tuesday now - I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, so excited I can hardly sleep! It would be the ultimate disappointment if there was something that made me want to send it back so totally understand OPs feelings)

scarlettzzhang

Rough_Rock
I got my ring back!! The diamond looks much rounder this time. I asked for small rounded tab prong and it came out just like how I imagined. Super happy about how the ring turned out. Got the ring back in 2 weeks which is a lot shorter than I imaged. Will leave WF a good review!

Last one is a comparison pic of before and after

6C9026FC-D676-434D-A9B3-B3041C73DD5E.jpeg

Attachments

• 97E7F691-B40C-4C30-97E9-CE24481572C2.jpeg
    97E7F691-B40C-4C30-97E9-CE24481572C2.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 68
  • CAC5CF28-E888-40DE-9F8F-F697BB643409.jpeg
    CAC5CF28-E888-40DE-9F8F-F697BB643409.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 70
I got my ring back!! The diamond looks much rounder this time. I asked for small rounded tab prong and it came out just like how I imagined. Super happy about how the ring turned out. Got the ring back in 2 weeks which is a lot shorter than I imaged. Will leave WF a good review!

Last one is a comparison pic of before and after

6C9026FC-D676-434D-A9B3-B3041C73DD5E.jpeg

Looks fabulous! Hope it's everything you wished for and more. You mentioned you were hoping to have your ring by late March? Did the finished piece end up meeting your timeline after all even with this delay?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll have to say, I do like your new prongs better! I truly understand your initial disappointment, but I am so glad it had a happy ending! Congrats on your gorgeous new ring!!!

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Great customer service Whiteflash and Congrats on your new ring !

scarlettzzhang

Rough_Rock

Attachments

• 0110507B-0503-4DBE-B9EF-1DAAB152BEFE.jpeg
    0110507B-0503-4DBE-B9EF-1DAAB152BEFE.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 58
  • 708D1794-BF92-47BF-A6B7-A9A81E032092.jpeg
    708D1794-BF92-47BF-A6B7-A9A81E032092.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 13DE51A2-3909-4396-8B1E-B5E751D0FF75.jpeg
    13DE51A2-3909-4396-8B1E-B5E751D0FF75.jpeg
    629.4 KB · Views: 64

thecatmom

Rough_Rock
To be honest, this thread is very useful for new or would be WF customers.

This post was very helpful for me! I was in the process of getting my ring done with WF. After reading this thread, I reached out to Michelle (who is super-helpful and proactive, bdw! Highly recommend her from WF), and she was so amazing at sending me several pictures with different types of prongs. I was not too familiar with prong types so we did go back and forth, and finally settled with delicate rounded tab prongs. Michelle was so fast in communicating my multiple change-of-mind regarding the type of prongs! When I didn't know there was an option to choose, I was blissfully ignorant. The moment I knew you can choose, it became rather hard for me. But am glad we went through this process, because I am now getting exactly what my heart desires. Can't wait for my ring to arrive :)

@scarlettzzhang Your ring turned out so beautiful! The proportions are perfect and the prongs look so delicate and pretty! Thank you for posting your journey :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I’m glad that Whiteflash listened to you and modified your prongs. It looks much better now! The “before and after” comparison photo really shows the difference. Before, the prongs were prominent and seemed too long. In the after, your diamond stands out, not the prongs. Good job on getting what you really wanted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results