carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash Diamond Hoops x 3!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
angeline|1331868287|3149798 said:
Wow this is an awesome comparison and SO helpful DS! You're a champ for taking so many pics. I know I've been dreaming of some huggies and that is very helpful for the rest of us trying to make a decision.

Initially I thought the 1ctw, but the more I looked the more I thought, 'Hey, DS can rock those 1.5ctw!' It wouldn't take long to get used to them. I don't know if they're a lot more blingy or just a different look being larger hoops.

I'm contemplating remaking my HoF eternity into a pair of huggies and a five or seven stone ring. But that's another story!

Let us know what you decide... Good luck!

<3 a

Good to see you, Angeline! I took about 100 pictures just to get the few I posted! I am a failure at jewelry photos, that is for sure! (Although I had plumbers here today because my hot water is out and I am having family in this weekend!!! Ugh! Plus I had my daughter's baby here, too, so taking pictures was veeerry complicated!)

Ahh, using HoF stones for another project (or two) is an excellent idea if you aren't wearing the band! Can't wait to see what you decide!

FairieMoon79

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the 1.5! I agree with the poster who said those for blingier days, studs for the others.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the 1.5ctw hoops (but I guess that's not a suprise, coming from me, lol).

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
I was looking at the exact same earrings for my wedding, thank you so much for posting the photos!!! My vote is for the 1.5, in PS world there's no such thing as too big or too much bling :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1331863717|3149736 said:
I like the 1.5 pair because the diamonds appear to wrap around more, so looking at the ear shots you do not see any metal from the straight on view. Maybe that is an artifact of the photography?

Yes, this is my thought as well. I think the 1.5 looks best because all you see is diamonds. If the same is true with the 1.0 and what we are seeing is just a result of the camera angle then these are great also but if you can see metal with the 1.0 I would say go for the 1.5 as long as it is not heavy for your ears. Nothing makes earrings less wearable (IMO) than heavy weight so if the 1.5 is too weighty I would go for the 1.0 but if they are both equally comfortable my vote is the 1.5.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are all gorgeous! Thank you for taking the time to take photos and document the size differences. I know that this thread will be helpful to a lot of people!

I agree that the 1ctw are probably the perfect balance of bling for both everyday and "dress up"! Enjoy your gorgeous new earrings!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are you thinking DS?

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
DS
I love the comparison pics ,I wish this thread was there before I ordered my 2 ctw from IDJ !
anyway I vote for the 1.5 ctw . mine look small to me already ! I wear diamond studs daily and the huggies on weekends only (when my husband is at home to admire them ! ) if you plan to wear your huggies daily then maybe 1 ctw will be better for you .

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1331902722|3149938 said:
What are you thinking DS?

I am thinking there are good reasons for BOTH! My sister is coming to visit tomorrow and I will see what she thinks! My guess is that she will go for the larger pair, but we'll see.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1331894418|3149905 said:
Dreamer_D|1331863717|3149736 said:
I like the 1.5 pair because the diamonds appear to wrap around more, so looking at the ear shots you do not see any metal from the straight on view. Maybe that is an artifact of the photography?

Yes, this is my thought as well. I think the 1.5 looks best because all you see is diamonds. If the same is true with the 1.0 and what we are seeing is just a result of the camera angle then these are great also but if you can see metal with the 1.0 I would say go for the 1.5 as long as it is not heavy for your ears. Nothing makes earrings less wearable (IMO) than heavy weight so if the 1.5 is too weighty I would go for the 1.0 but if they are both equally comfortable my vote is the 1.5.

Agreed. My 37pt huggies were soooo uncomfortable cuz all the metal weighed them down (I don't think it was the diamonds that were heavy, he he); I had to return them to the vendor. The 18pts that I sold to Mayk on the other hand were/ are extremely comfortable and very wearable. A major consideration to think about.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really prefer platinum jewelry, but I bought these in 18k white gold because blueiris ordered the 1.5's in platinum and decided they were too heavy and sent them back and got white gold instead. But weight is not an issue with either size. They are both extremely comfortable. And also, they are not a problem when using a phone.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see what you pick. I actually prefer the size of the .65 ones -- but I wish there was, like, ONE more diamond so no metal visible on the front side of the earring. That would annoy a little --- but I still might pick those because I like a tight huggie.

ALL THREE look great on you though! Bling-O-Rama.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1331916518|3150065 said:
I really prefer platinum jewelry, but I bought these in 18k white gold because blueiris ordered the 1.5's in platinum and decided they were too heavy and sent them back and got white gold instead. But weight is not an issue with either size. They are both extremely comfortable. And also, they are not a problem when using a phone.

I never suspected a weight issue with the WF huggies. Good to hear confirmation that these huggies (up to 1.5ctw) are not heavy in white good.

Like you, I opted for gold instead of platinum due to possible weight issue. Regarding the weight of the huggies, the major contributor to the overall weight is the metal and not the diamonds. Of course, in order to accomodate the larger size diamond, more metal is needed and thus more weight is expected. However, if the design of the huggies setting is such that it minimizes weight where possible, then the resulting weight of the huggies will be acceptable. My 3+ ctw huggies are a good example. They do not feel heavy at all. I suspect that my huggies weigh no more than the WF 1.5ctw huggies, because 1. the overall diameter is the same, and 2. the pattern design in the backside and the Trellis basket employ less metal. Another example of acceptable weight is IDJ's 2 ctw huggies, which happen to have the same diameter.

I hope you would pick the 1.5ctw huggies, because you have already invested a lot of money on the ACA melees. May as well make it a statement piece.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1331917027|3150074 said:
I can't wait to see what you pick. I actually prefer the size of the .65 ones -- but I wish there was, like, ONE more diamond so no metal visible on the front side of the earring. That would annoy a little --- but I still might pick those because I like a tight huggie.

Brilliant idea about adding more stones for small size melees!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the 1.5!!! i think it's perfect for every day wear.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
1.5 is the size I have and you get used to them very quickly. I would say that you'll be less likely to want to upgrade with 1.5 as well. And I also have long hair which I think balances out the 1.5, they were my everyday earrings until I got my jbeg earrings which I've been wearing nonstop.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1331917027|3150074 said:

Thanks, deco! I do love the little ones, too. They are definitely wearable all the time. But I thought exactly the same thing...one more stone would make them perfect. They hang the same as the 1.0's though...very close to the same size hoop.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
1.5 ct. I like bigger and I think they are fine for everyday. Not overly stated at all.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
winternight|1331924613|3150173 said:
1.5 is the size I have and you get used to them very quickly. I would say that you'll be less likely to want to upgrade with 1.5 as well. And I also have long hair which I think balances out the 1.5, they were my everyday earrings until I got my jbeg earrings which I've been wearing nonstop.

Oh, I just adore your new earrings! I would love to have some like those, too! I just have to get this all figured out considering the rest of my wishlist!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Great photos, DS! I'm sure they will be very helpful to others trying to choose huggies.

My 2 cents ... At first, I too thought the 1 ct. (in the old WF design) were the perfect everyday earring. But my husband kept saying that they didn't really look like diamond earrings unless you got pretty close to me. At the same time I was trying those, as you may remember, I had the Costco pair (1.5 ctw) here. He said he could tell a definite difference between the two, and that the 1.5 pair definitely looked like diamond earrings, not just hoops, even from a distance. That helped me decide to try the 1.5 ct. pair from WF.

When I first got the 1.5 pair from WF (in the platinum), enough time had passed since I'd had the others here and I'd kind of forgotten what they looked like, and I thought the 1.5 ct. pair were "too much". But after wearing them for a little while and repeatedly looking in the mirror, I realized that I was already used to them! :D Now, they don't seem "too much" to me at all. I dress very casually and they go with everything I wear on a daily basis, yet, as my husband says, would definitely look blingy enough for when I'm dressed up, too. I wear them a few days each week, and on the other days I wear my studs. You too may be surprised by how quickly you get used to them.

What are your husband's thoughts? I'm glad your sister can help you decide, too. I know you'll love wearing them, no matter which size you choose!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I'm back for a second analysis! This is partly based on your pictures and partly based on others opinions. Bear in mind that I have never tried a pair of earrings like these on in any size so I just can't speak from personal experience. In looking at the pictures again, it seems that the 1.5 size shows no metal at the bottom and I like that all diamond look. Half carat divided by two earrings and several stones surely can't make enough difference to make them too over the top for everyday wear. BlueIris says her husband could definitely tell the difference though in the two sizes and from a man's point of view, I think that is a pretty substantial statement! Others have said that they find the size to be very comfortable to wear. Your longer hair makes a great backdrop for the earrings as well.

I've no idea about the price difference but assuming it is doable, I'm going to change my vote to the 1.5 size! Might as well go for the bling and go right to the top. I know you are size concerned but in looking at the pictures again, the 1.5 size looks as lovely on you as the 1.0 carat - with that extra sizzle!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blueiris|1331943242|3150427 said:
Great photos, DS! I'm sure they will be very helpful to others trying to choose huggies.

My 2 cents ... At first, I too thought the 1 ct. (in the old WF design) were the perfect everyday earring. But my husband kept saying that they didn't really look like diamond earrings unless you got pretty close to me. At the same time I was trying those, as you may remember, I had the Costco pair (1.5 ctw) here. He said he could tell a definite difference between the two, and that the 1.5 pair definitely looked like diamond earrings, not just hoops, even from a distance. That helped me decide to try the 1.5 ct. pair from WF.

When I first got the 1.5 pair from WF (in the platinum), enough time had passed since I'd had the others here and I'd kind of forgotten what they looked like, and I thought the 1.5 ct. pair were "too much". But after wearing them for a little while and repeatedly looking in the mirror, I realized that I was already used to them! :D Now, they don't seem "too much" to me at all. I dress very casually and they go with everything I wear on a daily basis, yet, as my husband says, would definitely look blingy enough for when I'm dressed up, too. I wear them a few days each week, and on the other days I wear my studs. You too may be surprised by how quickly you get used to them.

What are your husband's thoughts? I'm glad your sister can help you decide, too. I know you'll love wearing them, no matter which size you choose!

I was hoping you'd find this thread! Will you please post your ear shot of the 1.5's on this thread since you have the same ones? Might help to have another ear model! :lol:

My husband is really funny. The last time I had two items to choose from was when I was getting my first new diamond (anniversary). I ordered a 1.37 and a 1.63 and he chose the 1.63! This time, he chose the larger pair, too! Do you see a pattern here? (He is the opposite of my dear late father who would have always selected the smallest knowing they would cost less!)

Bottom line is that I need to plan out my wishlist and think through the sizes. I have downsized my ring and studs, so my inclination is to go with the 1 ct. But the diamond lover in me wants to go back to the larger sizes in all my pieces. It's just that nobody in my real world cares much about jewelry and I already have nicer things than many. I always have this tension between my PS world and my real world!!! :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1331944314|3150448 said:
OK, I'm back for a second analysis! This is partly based on your pictures and partly based on others opinions. Bear in mind that I have never tried a pair of earrings like these on in any size so I just can't speak from personal experience. In looking at the pictures again, it seems that the 1.5 size shows no metal at the bottom and I like that all diamond look. Half carat divided by two earrings and several stones surely can't make enough difference to make them too over the top for everyday wear. BlueIris says her husband could definitely tell the difference though in the two sizes and from a man's point of view, I think that is a pretty substantial statement! Others have said that they find the size to be very comfortable to wear. Your longer hair makes a great backdrop for the earrings as well.

I've no idea about the price difference but assuming it is doable, I'm going to change my vote to the 1.5 size! Might as well go for the bling and go right to the top. I know you are size concerned but in looking at the pictures again, the 1.5 size looks as lovely on you as the 1.0 carat - with that extra sizzle!

Thanks, MGR! I do think the size difference is noticeable. I had a hard time telling my pictures of the 1.0 and .65 apart and finally changed shirts so I could! But the 1.5's are more of a statement. I hope my sister will have a strong preference. I don't want to make a mistake, although I can't really make a mistake because I would like to have both!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My initial impression is that the 1 carat seemed "just right"...but if you are worried about diamond shrinkage than heck, go
for the 1.5.

If they were me, I would probably go with 1 carat. I spend a lot of my days volunteering at school and my 1.08 ering seems
like it is a big deal. 1 carat would not stand out too much but still be noticable. So...for me it depends on how you spend
your days. What kind of work you do. Do people where a lot of jewelry where you live? According to your ering, the 1.5s
dont look like they would be to far out of the norm in your area.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1331947914|3150493 said:
My initial impression is that the 1 carat seemed "just right"...but if you are worried about diamond shrinkage than heck, go
for the 1.5.

If they were me, I would probably go with 1 carat. I spend a lot of my days volunteering at school and my 1.08 ering seems
like it is a big deal. 1 carat would not stand out too much but still be noticable. So...for me it depends on how you spend
your days. What kind of work you do. Do people where a lot of jewelry where you live? According to your ering, the 1.5s

You are pretty much on target with my world. I used to teach but now I stay home and just tutor children with dyslexia after school. Youngest child is in high school. Rarely go to formal events. I am certain that I would wear the 1.0's a LOT and not feel too conspicuous at all. Bad thing is, those ACA's just lure me right in to the idea that bigger is even more beautiful! :lol: And the bigger ones are gorgeous. But I do have to consider that the store I visit most is WalMart (and diamonds do look very nice in their lighting!) and that I really don't need to be all blinged out to go there! :lol: Maybe if I switch to the nicest grocery store.... :twirl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1331948757|3150503 said:
tyty333|1331947914|3150493 said:
for the 1.5.

You are pretty much on target with my world. I used to teach but now I stay home and just tutor children with dyslexia after school. Youngest child is in high school. Rarely go to formal events. I am certain that I would wear the 1.0's a LOT and not feel too conspicuous at all. Bad thing is, those ACA's just lure me right in to the idea that bigger is even more beautiful! :lol: And the bigger ones are gorgeous. But I do have to consider that the store I visit most is WalMart (and diamonds do look very nice in their lighting!) and that I really don't need to be all blinged out to go there! :lol: Maybe if I switch to the nicest grocery store.... :twirl:

But somebody has to be the most sparkly girl at the WalMart - it might as well be you!! :love: :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the 1.5 but the 1.0 look fabulous for everyday wear! awesome thread!! I love how you did a side by side comparison DS :appl:

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1331945314|3150469 said:
I was hoping you'd find this thread! Will you please post your ear shot of the 1.5's on this thread since you have the same ones? Might help to have another ear model! :lol:

My husband is really funny. The last time I had two items to choose from was when I was getting my first new diamond (anniversary). I ordered a 1.37 and a 1.63 and he chose the 1.63! This time, he chose the larger pair, too! Do you see a pattern here? (He is the opposite of my dear late father who would have always selected the smallest knowing they would cost less!)

Bottom line is that I need to plan out my wishlist and think through the sizes. I have downsized my ring and studs, so my inclination is to go with the 1 ct. But the diamond lover in me wants to go back to the larger sizes in all my pieces. It's just that nobody in my real world cares much about jewelry and I already have nicer things than many. I always have this tension between my PS world and my real world!!! :twirl:

I will post my ear shot below, and if I get a chance, try to take at least one more.

I cracked up at your husband liking the bigger stone and earrings ... sounds familiar, as my husband is much the same! I am constantly asking, "Do you think it's 'too much'? Does it look 'too big'?" and he's always reassuring me. Like you, I don't dress up on a daily basis - I am very, very casual. So I think that's part of my worry about looking like I'm too blingy. I agree with the situational aspects too, and there are definitely times and places I would not wear diamond hoops, but I would wear them to the grocery or to the mall, etc. I don't feel like I have to be dressed up to wear these. If they were bigger and/or more blingy, perhaps like pave in-and-out hoops or some prong set in-and-out hoops my mother is looking at that are 6 carats, then yes, I would feel like I would have to be attending a black tie event or something to wear those! (Whereas, if my mom gets the ones she's looking at, she will wear them casually and be comfortable doing so.) But these are small enough and simple enough that I do think they go with everything.

I really do like both sizes on you though - and I don't think you can go wrong either way. I would hate to see you get the 1 ct. and later wish they were bigger, though. I remember saying to my husband that I felt "safe" with the 1 ct. pair but that I wondered if they made much of an impact, and he said he felt they didn't, especially with my long hair.

Huggies1.jpg

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of your huggies and thank you for posting pics of all three. Honestly, I would get the 1.5 huggies because they are gorgeous on your ear lobes. On days that you don't want that much bling, I'm not sure what day that would be :lol: , just do not wear your hair behind your ears. Your hair will cover them that way during the day if you change your mind you can expose yourself whenever you like to show your bling! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results