carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash Diamond Hoops x 3!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1331950665|3150533 said:
But somebody has to be the most sparkly girl at the WalMart - it might as well be you!! :love: :appl:

:lol: great thinking!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Skippy!!!

blueiris, thanks for posting your picture! You did better than I did with the picture! That is amazing that your mother is thinking about getting 6 carat hoops!!! :o That makes 1.5 seem tiny all of a sudden! ;))

sparkle, great idea about the hair flexibility! :lol:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say the bigger the better for more impact--1.5 of course!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS - have you decided which ones to keep yet?
(1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5... Insert subliminal advertising here... 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5....) :naughty:

If it were me, and I got the 1ct's I'd love them for sure... but I'm confident DSS would set in soon enough and I'd want to upgrade. This way, you could just skip that middle step and go direct to what (could be) the final pair!

(1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5...) :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, Enerchi, I haven't decided yet! My sister will be here in a couple of hours and I will get her opinion. There is an added issue and that is I have another pair of dressy earrings on the wishlist and if I decide I want those, then the 1.0 huggies would make more sense. I just have to figure out the big picture!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332009976|3150904 said:
No, Enerchi, I haven't decided yet! My sister will be here in a couple of hours and I will get her opinion. There is an added issue and that is I have another pair of dressy earrings on the wishlist and if I decide I want those, then the 1.0 huggies would make more sense. I just have to figure out the big picture!

Pssssst .... these really aren't dressy (to me, anyway)! :D They can be, but they can also be casual. The perfect chameleon earrings. :lol: I'll be interested to hear what your sister thinks.

Yes, my mom likes her jewelry big and bold! She just bought a very large blue sapphire ring. 17 cts., I believe she said! Blue sapphire is my favorite colored stone so I can't wait to see it. I hope she will love wearing it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
17 cts.???? :-o Wow! You MUST get some pictures of your moms jewelry, blue iris!!!

As expected, my sister chose the big ones! :lol: I wore them to the nice grocery store just now. :bigsmile:

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332024393|3151028 said:
17 cts.???? :-o Wow! You MUST get some pictures of your moms jewelry, blue iris!!!

As expected, my sister chose the big ones! :lol: I wore them to the nice grocery store just now. :bigsmile:

Smart sister you have there, DS! ;-) Are you still undecided, or did your sister's opinion help you decide to choose the 1.5 ct. pair?

I don't have a clue how big a 17 ct. stone will be, but I will find out in a few weeks! I do know it's far bigger than I'd ever wear, but she definitely has a different comfort level with big jewelry than I do.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
DS-I think 1.5 all the way! ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blue iris, maybe she'll let you share some pictures with us! That would be amazing! I still am not sure because there is another pair of earrings I really want that are dressy and I am not sure I can do the large hoops and the other earrings. But I really just need to choose the right hoops no matter what!

Bella..thanks...it seems like the 1.5 votes are leading!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I gotta say my vote is for the larger 1.5s, but not just because they're bigger. I just like the aesthetic look of them on you.

I will also say this: I've never been shy to rock my jewelry in general, but I do notice that as I'm getting *cough*older*cough*, I do seem to be making slightly bolder choices. :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: DS - I like the way your sister thinks! (perhaps she received the subliminal 1.5 1.5 1.5 message as well!!)

They look amazing on you. Huggies are beautiful and even if you do go for the other 'fancier' settings you are considering, there is nothing wrong with another option in your diamond earring wardrobe!

I hope you get the bigger ones - I sense you will get a lot of wear out of them and then avoid thinking "should have gone bigger" later on down the road.

Good luck!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like the middle or largest ones on you best. I think it was very nice of you to do this and make this thread, BTW.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
So are the 1.5 the big winners?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alj and Enerchi...I did wear the 1.5's today and no one even commented on them! I can honestly say that I don't have the perception that they are too big. I am certain I don't want any that are larger than these, though! I just like the 1.0's as well because they are actually huggies whereas the 1.5's are really small hoops. As much as I love them both, I don't think I want two pair almost just alike, so I am going to have to choose one or the other. I think my ears are sore a little bit from the first day of trying the three pairs and having a hard time at first getting them on and off, but I need to be sure it is that and not a problem with wg alloy. My time is running out for deciding, though!

Danny...thank you! I always benefit from the threads of others and am happy when I can contribute!

Amy...I am a TERRIBLE decision maker when it comes to having to choose between two great things! I am sure I will wait until the last minute, which will likely be early in the week!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I like the 1.5 on you. Thanks so much for these comparison pics!!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Lotus99|1331863101|3149725 said:
I like the 1.0 ct, too. In your "ear pics" the 0.65 show some metal at the bottom, it seems. Perhaps it's just the angle, but I'd think you would want "all diamonds" down the front.

I thought the same. I like the 1.0ct

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snooper said:
Lotus99|1331863101|3149725 said:
I like the 1.0 ct, too. In your "ear pics" the 0.65 show some metal at the bottom, it seems. Perhaps it's just the angle, but I'd think you would want "all diamonds" down the front.

I thought the same. I like the 1.0ct
yea- the .65 aren't diamond enough for me :)

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I love the 1.0 and 1.5....both look great on you! If the 1.0 pair are more huggie-ish and that is what you are wanting, that's the way to go! =)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
1.5 for me chickadee!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am surprised. I usually like smaller earrings, but I like the 1.0 and 1.5 better than the .65 earrings. For myself I'd pick the 1 carater, but I esthetically like both of the larger sizes. You really can't lose.

If you wanted the larger hoops, maybe for the "fancy" earrings maybe get non-diamond earrings? I've seen gold dangle earrings made of drops or free form shapes I thought were dressy because of being gold and having movement, but not nearly as expensive as something with diamonds in it. Just a thought.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had one of each (1.0, 1.5)on when my older daughter stopped by and asked her again which one she liked. She said she thought I should just keep one from each pair since I am so undecided because no one else is going to be paying close enough attention to my earrings to even notice the size difference! :lol:

I do think it is mainly an issue of whether I want a pair of huggies or more significant diamonds on the 1.5 pair. I do want the larger diamonds, but I want some huggies, too! Just not sure I want two pair of earrings exactly alike, though!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm all over that clever suggestion - totally keep one of each! Your daughter clearly is very practical and knows you well! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1332190594|3152294 said:
I'm all over that clever suggestion - totally keep one of each! Your daughter clearly is very practical and knows you well! :lol:

You've got that right! :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332190975|3152297 said:
Enerchi|1332190594|3152294 said:

You've got that right! :lol:
and pretty sure that WF wouldn't pick up on the slight modification to the returned pairs.... :Up_to_something:

Still deciding or have you chosen one over the other?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shrinkage always sets in.... get the 1.5 pair.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332129135|3151818 said:
Alj and Enerchi...I did wear the 1.5's today and no one even commented on them! I can honestly say that I don't have the perception that they are too big. I am certain I don't want any that are larger than these, though! I just like the 1.0's as well because they are actually huggies whereas the 1.5's are really small hoops.
DS, that is exactly what I said to my husband, and to Sheerah at WF, about the 1 ct. pair! I too wanted them to be huggies - true huggies. But in the end, the fact that the diamonds showed up so much better in the 1.5 ct. pair made the decision to choose those earrings the right one for me.

I'm glad you wore them out today and felt comfortable. It did take me a bit of time to get to that point, too.

I can't wait to hear what you decide, and honestly, I don't think you can go wrong either way. As I said before though, I would hate to see you regret not getting the bigger ones (if you choose the 1 ct. pair) sometime down the road, because like you, I wouldn't want two pairs so similar (thought I admit that the thought briefly crossed my mind, LOL!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blueiris, I was thinking about you today because I was debating about whether I should have whichever pair made in palladium white gold or not. I am not sensitive to nickel as far as I know, but it might be worth it in the future for whoever ends up with them..you know I am always thinking about my future heirlooms. :bigsmile:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
The 1ct are my favourites and that size is perfect in your ears. Great size for everyday also :wavey:

Thanks for posting this!

I actually went to buy the 1 ct ones late Feb. I figured they still had the ad up on their site... but the code wouldn't work and I just gave up. Oh well!

Can you tell a major difference in weight between the 1 and 1.5??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results