color
clarity

WhiteFlash Diamond Hoops x 3!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1332374690|3153864 said:
Thanks for posting this!

I actually went to buy the 1 ct ones late Feb. I figured they still had the ad up on their site... but the code wouldn't work and I just gave up. Oh well!

Can you tell a major difference in weight between the 1 and 1.5??

Aww, bean! I wish you had called them! I do recall the ad being up most of Feb. but I am not sure what day they took it down. I emailed a sales rep that I had dealt with in the past to order my earrings when I saw they were on sale, so I did not try the site ordering.

I would not say there is a major difference other than the hoops are larger on the 1.5 pair. If you want true huggies, I'd go with the 1 ct. pair. If you want more substantial diamonds go with the 1.5's. When I was taking the pictures, sometimes I couldn't tell which size was which! So I finally changed shirts so I could identify the sizes accurately! But there is a visual difference between 10 and 15 point stones..but it is just a matter of what you want. I loved them both and had a tough time choosing!

I am going to tell which ones I chose in just a few minutes!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Hurry it up, DS! I need to go to bed soon and I want to know what you chose! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you going to have whichever you chose made in the palladium instead? I understand what you mean about always thinking ahead to heirlooms. Our kids are very fortunate some day to have such thoughtful, jewelry-loving mothers. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh! I am sorry if I am too late! I wanted to take a new picture of the winner including a side view. I just love the open sides since the earrings are obviously viewed partially from the sides. Plus, there is a very tiny surprise stone on the back of the hoop!

I decided on the 1.5 ct. pair!!! I listened to the advice here, and felt that the 1.5 pair more fit my desires to collect some heirlooms, and I knew I could buy a pair of less expensive diamond huggies down the road if I want that. I just felt like if I was going to WF to get superior quality diamonds, I may as well get the ones that are big enough to really show off the ACA's (not that the others didn't...I just had to have an excuse! Plus, as Fancydiamond also said, diamond prices may continue to rise, and I might regret not getting these now. I wore them with jeans to our daughter's track meet today, so let's just say I am not worrying what anyone else thinks! :lol:

Thanks for everyone's advice...it was all valid and I did love the other pair, too! (And blueiris, I have decided just to keep it in the reg. 18k wg for now.)

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, DS!! They're gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love:

Btw, I don't know if I missed them in this thread and I tried to look up WF site too, but are the colour and clarity shown anywhere? My local jeweller has jacked up the price on me and am now considering getting a pair from WF.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choice DS!! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice - enjoy!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1332412874|3154161 said:

Btw, I don't know if I missed them in this thread and I tried to look up WF site too, but are the colour and clarity shown anywhere? My local jeweller has jacked up the price on me and am now considering getting a pair from WF.

Thanks, Phoenix! I believe they are either F VS or F-G VS, and that really was another reason I wanted theirs (I am confirming that with them and will let you know if that is not correct). I looked at diamond hoops online and most were SI and I even saw some that were I1, and some were lower color as well. I think the white stones stand out more especially with darker hair. And when the day comes when I am say...90...and I let my hair be white...then they will complement my hair color! :lol:

Oh, and they will make you a larger pair if you want. I think fancydiamond has a 3 ctw pair! :love:

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I think you made the perfect choice, DS!! I agree 100% with your reasoning about wanting to really see the ACAs and rising diamond prices, and heirloom pieces. And since you're keeping the current pair, you won't have to wait any longer to "officially" wear your new huggies! I am wearing mine today so if you are too, we'll be twins in our earrings and our e-rings. :D

Phoenix, I hope DS doesn't mind me answering your question, since I have the same pair of huggies ... they are F/G, VS stones.

Edit - I see DS answered about the stone color/clarity, too! :) I agree with her about wanting the higher quality stones; that was also a factor in my choice.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1332422974|3154218 said:
Phoenix|1332412874|3154161 said:

Thanks, Phoenix! I believe they are either F VS or F-G VS, and that really was another reason I wanted theirs. I looked at diamond hoops online and most were SI and I even saw some that were I1, and some were lower color as well. I think the white stones stand out more especially with darker hair. And when the day comes when I am say...90...and I let my hair be white...then they will complement my hair color! :lol:

Oh, and they will make you a larger pair if you want. I think fancydiamond has a 3 ctw pair! :love:

Thanks, DS. F-G VS are definitely my "sweet spot"! :appl: I agree about dark hair and whiter diamonds. Hmm....3ctw sounds DELISH!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blueiris|1332423290|3154220 said:
Phoenix, I hope DS doesn't mind me answering your question, since I have the same pair of huggies ... they are F/G, VS stones.

Edit - I see DS answered about the stone color/clarity, too! :) I agree with her about wanting the higher quality stones; that was also a factor in my choice.

Thanks, blueiris. I think in smaler stones like the ones in huggies, the price differential between higher colours and clarities vs. lower ones is not so prohibitive....so def worth going for, imo.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Amy and MGR!

blueiris, I think when I was younger I tended to buy something I wanted that was within my budget and not necessarily the highest quality. Now I know I don't even care for those items (and don't wear them), so it is just worth it to me to pay for the best quality at this point in life. I am glad you confirmed the color/clarity since that was what I thought, too! Your experience really helped me know that my decision would really be between the 1.0 and 1.5, so I am not surprised I made the same choice! I hesitated since my diamond is smaller than yours, but I think it was still within the acceptable range for my e-ring. Always trying to be sure everything is balanced! :lol:

Phoenix...definitely my sweet spot for color and clarity as well! And as you said, affordable in the small stones!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332423743|3154230 said:
Thanks Amy and MGR!

blueiris, I think when I was younger I tended to buy something I wanted that was within my budget and not necessarily the highest quality. Now I know I don't even care for those items (and don't wear them), so it is just worth it to me to pay for the best quality at this point in life. I am glad you confirmed the color/clarity since that was what I thought, too! Your experience really helped me know that my decision would really be between the 1.0 and 1.5, so I am not surprised I made the same choice! I hesitated since my diamond is smaller than yours, but I think it was still within the acceptable range for my e-ring. Always trying to be sure everything is balanced! :lol:

Phoenix...definitely my sweet spot for color and clarity as well! And as you said, affordable in the small stones!

Phoenix, I agree about the affordability in the smaller stones, and DS, I agree with you about choosing higher quality at this point in our lives. I'd rather have higher quality and fewer pieces at this point; I've found I wear the same few pieces all the time anyway!

DS, I also agree that the 1.5 pair is still balanced with your e-ring, too. I know you'll enjoy your new huggies! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blue iris...yes, I also tend to wear the same classic pieces daily. There are a few other things I have on my wishlist, but the list isn't really that long because of the fact that I know I wear the same things 95% of the time!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect choice DS! (well, "perfect" cuz that's the size *I* was voting for :wink2: )

I don't think you'll regret this. They are beautiful stones, show the H&A (as you said) and are definitely going to be heirloom quality. Diamonds are not getting any less expensive and if you can afford them, they make you happy, you look good in them (and you DO!) ... then live in the 'now' and get them! Congrats! :appl:

(and BTW, if you are looking to add to the inheritance list, I'll happily put my name forward... :Up_to_something: )

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!

:appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Enerchi and Dreamer!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
DS these are beautiful. great choice!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you made a wise choice! Love these :love:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I voted for the 1.5's too :appl:

What an awesome experience you had, you got to wear all 3 different sizes.

Enjoy your new beautiful huggies/hoops...I wear mine just about everyday.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :love: I want some! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much slg, MrsS, OCmom, and bright ice!

Glad you enjoy yours and wear them a lot, OCmom!

Bright ice...you should get some!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good choice! You won't be sorry!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1332474038|3154872 said:
Good choice! You won't be sorry!

Ditto! I think you will be very happy with these, and if you had gone for the smaller ones, you might have regretted it down the road. Excellent choice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Aprilbaby and Laila!!! I am sure I will be glad I went with these in the long run!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
They're gorgeous, DS!!!! ENJOY!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
Yes congrats! I kept asking Traci if you made a decision yet and she said that you kept the 1.5s. Honestly I'm glad that you purchased them otherwise I would have to snatch them up and that would've cut into my center stone budget :naughty: They look gorgeous on you! Btw, what was the promotion that WF was running on them?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats D.S :!: somehow i knew you'll pick the 1.5ct... :lol: :love: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1332595500|3155584 said:
They're gorgeous, DS!!!! ENJOY!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you, Dani! Sorry I missed your post last week!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkle524|1333164322|3160437 said:
Yes congrats! I kept asking Traci if you made a decision yet and she said that you kept the 1.5s. Honestly I'm glad that you purchased them otherwise I would have to snatch them up and that would've cut into my center stone budget :naughty: They look gorgeous on you! Btw, what was the promotion that WF was running on them?

Well, I am glad my purchase allowed you to get the 2.7 F VS1! :lol: Like you said, lots of other holidays for you to get the hoops!

I had just seen an ad flash up on the PS page about a Valentine's promotion for huggie hoops so that is why I contacted Traci in late Feb. I think the sale was something like $150 off the 1 ct. pair. But I was determined to get the right size whether they were on sale or not, and that is why I ordered all three pairs. I figured I'd probably choose the 1 ct. pair, but I really fell in love with the 1.5. I am debating about whether to switch them for new settings made from white gold with palladium alloy because that will be hypoallergenic and one of my daughters has sensitive ears. I just want them to be heirlooms that can be worn! I'd do platinum but blueiris tried them in platinum and she felt like they were a little heavy and she reset in the 18k wg/palladium.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1333172621|3160488 said:
congrats D.S :!: somehow i knew you'll pick the 1.5ct... :lol: :love: :appl:

Moi???? :naughty: Whatever would have made you think that, DF? :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results