shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Whiteflash Butterflies Perfection with 2.2 F VVS2 ACA center

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
All,

I want to share this ring out of gratitude to Whiteflash and to this forum. It's been quite a journey for me. I started with a 3.3 D MRB non ACA solitaire that WF helped me find but ultimately it did not feel right (too big {gasp}, and not mind clean). I then got this 2.187 stone set in a solitaire and while it was clearly beautiful, it left me cold. In fact, I've been following a recent thread about ring ambivalence and second guessing, and I went through a similar roller coaster. I was ready to abandon the project, but my husband knew this was important to me. He helped me figure out that it wasn't just about the stone, but having some personal significance would be important to me, and so I landed on a three stone. We are a small family of three who have been through a lot in the past, our present is challenging but wonderful, and our future is bright. I put this ring on my finger and it felt like it was home. This is to celebrate 22 years with my best friend, 17 married to him, and our perfect almost 10 year old.

Thanks to you all as I read millions of posts about stones and settings before I landed on this beauty created by @yssie and shared by many others @Siamese Kitty @soxfan @Lvoeshinythings . Thanks to Whiteflash who held my hand along the way. Liza endured dozens of emails to get me over the finish line. When I expressed doubts due to recent negative posts about WF, she shared my concern with @Texas Leaguer who reached out personally to me and had the team go above and beyond (though I suspect they would have done it anyway). I cannot speak highly enough about them and their product.

Center: 2.187 F VVS2 ACA 8.3 mm
Sides: 0.34 F VS1 ACA 4.47 mm x 2
Setting: their stock platinum, no modifications, asked for fine prongs and double check they lay flat so they don't catch on stuff.
Size: 6 knuckle, 5.5 finger (have to love arthritis); excuse the hands, I work in an ED.

Photos: Did my best to Pricescope it up, but I'm using an old phone and I have limited talent; I had to borrow flowers and pumpkins from neighbors.

IMG_5894.jpeg IMG_5875.jpeg IMG_5872.jpeg IMG_5880.jpeg IMG_5892.jpeg IMG_5896.jpeg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The ring, the story behind it, and the sentiment it holds now as a three-stone. Enjoy it, it's stunning!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Love the story of your journey!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This is beautiful and perfect on you! I LOVE it! The Fs are so icy. Simply gorgeous and stunning!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! So glad you kept at your search for a ring with meaning. A lovely, meaningful creation!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back @FornasettiLover-that three stone looks so perfect on your finger! Congrats!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is lovely! Congratulations - it's a stunner!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful ring! Congratulations. For most of us, it's a process to find just the right bling!

I just read your other threads and I'm curious about what you think of the F stones vs. D? Also, can you notice a difference in performance between the ACA vs. GIAXXX?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
It's a beautiful ring! Congratulations. For most of us, it's a process to find just the right bling!

I just read your other threads and I'm curious about what you think of the F stones vs. D? Also, can you notice a difference in performance between the ACA vs. GIAXXX?

Thanks all for the kind comments.

I love these questions MWA!

Side by side I can see color differences, looking at WF stones I could even see a high F vs a low F, which is how I ended up with this one, the highest F in this size. On my hand, all I see is white and sparkly. Warm stones aren't for me, but this F works perfectly. I would have mentally loved a D but didn't want to do custom (because my indecisiveness is excruciating on a good day).

The performance is a different answer. I have terrible near vision and astigmatism, barely adequate with glasses on. I did not compare them side by side (because that would have cost a fortune to do), but I 100% do not see a difference in my photos or videos that I have under identical conditions. In fairness, the D was vetted by WF and near their criteria. I believe that people with better eyes definitely can and do see the difference. My choice for an ACA became a mind clean thing. I also kind of geeked out on the concept of ideal geometry for performance and the art of cutting something like this.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
My choice for an ACA became a mind clean thing. I also kind of geeked out on the concept of ideal geometry for performance and the art of cutting something like this.
Thanks for answering my questions. You're in good company here with the rest of us who love perfect symmetry. Mind clean is just as important as eye clean. That is until we get the perfect Super Ideal MRB and then decide we need a wonky OEC or OMC as well, lol.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous! Great finger coverage. It’s perfect !

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely @FornasettiLover and my favorite 3 stone. I had forgotten that it started with @yssie . I love the sentiment behind your
ring. I think you have hit on something. When it means something, stands for something, or celebrates something big it helps to
create a meaningful connection. I'll have to remember that one!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congrats! :clap:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I’m sure those F ACA’s are blinding in person…enjoy your new ring.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Aaahhhhhh, so pretty! I love the prong work here - so delicate and smooth!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and looks perfect on you! So happy for you that you found a ring for your diamond that feels like you! Enjoy every sparkle!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Congratulations!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
I’m glad you love your stone in it’s new setting. I love the emotional tie of it representing your family. Enjoy!

catcav

Rough_Rock
All,

I want to share this ring out of gratitude to Whiteflash and to this forum. It's been quite a journey for me. I started with a 3.3 D MRB non ACA solitaire that WF helped me find but ultimately it did not feel right (too big {gasp}, and not mind clean). I then got this 2.187 stone set in a solitaire and while it was clearly beautiful, it left me cold. In fact, I've been following a recent thread about ring ambivalence and second guessing, and I went through a similar roller coaster. I was ready to abandon the project, but my husband knew this was important to me. He helped me figure out that it wasn't just about the stone, but having some personal significance would be important to me, and so I landed on a three stone. We are a small family of three who have been through a lot in the past, our present is challenging but wonderful, and our future is bright. I put this ring on my finger and it felt like it was home. This is to celebrate 22 years with my best friend, 17 married to him, and our perfect almost 10 year old.

Thanks to you all as I read millions of posts about stones and settings before I landed on this beauty created by @yssie and shared by many others @Siamese Kitty @soxfan @Lvoeshinythings . Thanks to Whiteflash who held my hand along the way. Liza endured dozens of emails to get me over the finish line. When I expressed doubts due to recent negative posts about WF, she shared my concern with @Texas Leaguer who reached out personally to me and had the team go above and beyond (though I suspect they would have done it anyway). I cannot speak highly enough about them and their product.

Center: 2.187 F VVS2 ACA 8.3 mm
Sides: 0.34 F VS1 ACA 4.47 mm x 2
Setting: their stock platinum, no modifications, asked for fine prongs and double check they lay flat so they don't catch on stuff.
Size: 6 knuckle, 5.5 finger (have to love arthritis); excuse the hands, I work in an ED.

Photos: Did my best to Pricescope it up, but I'm using an old phone and I have limited talent; I had to borrow flowers and pumpkins from neighbors.

IMG_5894.jpeg IMG_5875.jpeg IMG_5872.jpeg IMG_5880.jpeg IMG_5892.jpeg IMG_5896.jpeg

Gorgeous! Love your story too. Congratulations

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Wanted to share a photo from my new phone camera. The Apple guy said it has a “macro” lens that does cool stuff. I think this qualifies. You can even see the dirt on the stone! (It’s too cool for me to be embarrassed, though I have since cleaned it).

Attachments

• 3A3942C8-B6B0-4D88-9591-4A4A3A670586.jpeg
    3A3942C8-B6B0-4D88-9591-4A4A3A670586.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 126
  • C4B0DE25-5325-4143-87CB-8C8A553C7A2E.jpeg
    C4B0DE25-5325-4143-87CB-8C8A553C7A2E.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 38441FB3-A856-451B-9A8D-AF7AE7A3BD92.jpeg
    38441FB3-A856-451B-9A8D-AF7AE7A3BD92.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 127

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new photos, @FornasettiLover! My rings, for what this is worth, ALWAYS have fluff stuck to them in photos! I always mean to clean them - always forget - so always have fluff! And normally a few finger marks as well. :roll:

I absolutely love your new ring and have come back a bunch of times for another look. This is one of those 'dream rings' - so beautiful and such high quality!

I hope you wear it for many, many years in health and happiness!

<3

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Love the new photos, @FornasettiLover! My rings, for what this is worth, ALWAYS have fluff stuck to them in photos! I always mean to clean them - always forget - so always have fluff! And normally a few finger marks as well. :roll:

I absolutely love your new ring and have come back a bunch of times for another look. This is one of those 'dream rings' - so beautiful and such high quality!

I hope you wear it for many, many years in health and happiness!

<3

Thank you for your kind words @mrs-b! All of your treasures are ones I have admired throughout my journey.

This ring is honestly a dream. I love looking at her. My son and husband are happy for me but think I’m cuckoo (in a nice way). I know y’all understand! Thanks to all of you for your lovely reactions.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
What a bombshell! So icy and white! I’m adoring your proportions and god those prongs are perfection!

How are you liking that 3-stone life?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
What a bombshell! So icy and white! I’m adoring your proportions and god those prongs are perfection!

How are you liking that 3-stone life?

Still loving every minute I have it on my finger! I was so inspired by your proportions @Lvoeshinythings, thank you! Now I’m working on my stacking game and love yours! WF made me a matching plain band to start with and it sits perfectly beside, but tucked slightly under the center stone. Now to find something thin and sparkly….

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was waiting until I finished work this weekend to open this thread ❤️

This mount still has a very special space in my heart :love: And it makes me so happy when I see other people enjoying it too!!!! @FornasettiLover Thank you for sharing your beautiful new ring with us - thank you for sharing it with me ::)

The proportions you chose are my favorites too. Sidestones small compared to the center… And the entire head just barely covering the finger’s width. Striking, statement-making, but without being overwhelming. And paired with a plain band, just like that - well, I’m biased because your set is so similar to the set that I loved for years!! :love:

Your stone is just lovely. And your photos are fabulous! I’ve saved all of them. looking at them is making me feel like I’ve come home here on PS ❤️

Congratulations on twenty two years together!! I called this mount “Butterflies” because my husband proposed in a winery and I actually thought he’d tripped, and I bent down to help him back up :lol: and I didn’t even notice the ring - the first thing I saw was a butterfly on a lavender plant next to him. Then I saw that he had a ring! I’m honoured that this is the setting you chose to celebrate your lifetime with your partner ::)

Last edited:

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I was waiting until I finished work this weekend to open this thread ❤️

This mount still has a very special spce in my heart :love: And it makes me so happy when I see other people enjoying it too!!!! @FornasettiLover Thank you for sharing your beautiful new ring with us - thank you for sharing it with me ::)

The proportions you chose are my favorites too. Sidestones small compared to the center… And the entire head just barely covering the finger’s width. Striking, statement-making, but without being overwhelming. And paired with a plain band, just like that - well, I’m biased because your set is so similar to the set that I loved for years!! :love:

Your stone is just lovely. And your photos are fabulous! I’ve saved all of them. looking at them is making me feel like I’ve come home here on PS ❤️

Congratulations on twenty two years together!! I called this mount “Butterflies” because my husband proposed in a winery and I actually thought he’d tripped, and I bent down to help him back up :lol: and I didn’t even notice the ring - the first thing I saw was a butterfly on a lavender plant next to him. Then I saw that he had a ring! I’m honoured that this is the setting you chose to celebrate your lifetime with your partner ::)

Thank you @yssie for your kind comments and for generously sharing your design. I was staring at the profile tonight and just love the graceful swoops, love how the center stone is cupped and cradled, love it all. I don’t wear it to work, but sneak peeks of my photos when I’m on shift. It has brought me so much pleasure. I’m so grateful for your inspiration.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results