shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash/Adwar Bezel Band Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I really do love the ring
30.gif
. So much so that yesterday, I spoke to Katie about maybe doing one with 2 pointers. She sent me a link to your thread!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:26:51 AM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 12/2/2008 9:50:15 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 12/2/2008 9:44:27 AM

Author: thing2of2

Good to know! You are an expert on bezel bands! Seriously! And hey, if WG is even cheaper than palladium, that''s even better!
3.gif
I wonder if Adwar makes a bezel band with 2 pointers. I didn''t see it on the Stackables page but maybe?

ETA my e-ring is 2.2 mm so I think my w-band needs to be at least that wide...

WF says mine is 2.3mm, LOL. Do you live in MI? I''ll let you borrow it.
9.gif

OMG Dani! I just found this thread! I LOVE YOUR BAND SO MUCH!

I tried on the Tiffany Jazz on Sunday and fell in love, but not with the pricetag. I had it in the back of my mind to ask WF and my local jeweler to give me quotes for a similar band when we got closer to buying wedding bands but you''ve made life so much easier by providing all the information about your band! You can bet I will be bookmarking the model number for that Adwar casting.

Similar to Thing2''s e-ring mine is also around 2.3 mm (2.5 on top, 2.1 on the underside).
Yay!!!! Facilitiating the purchase of pretties for other PSers! I love it!!!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:33:41 AM
Author: elle_chris
30.gif
. So much so that yesterday, I spoke to Katie about maybe doing one with 2 pointers. She sent me a link to your thread!!!!
LMAO!!! That''s awesome.
9.gif

I''ll check Adwar again - I don''t remember if there''s one with 2 pointers. I''ll look!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here's 3 pointers with Milgrain: http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/W3328/view

Here's the alternating square on their points/round with 2 pointers: http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/W3379/view
I was so close to getting that one, but DH liked the all round better.
5.gif

Same one as above but full eternity: http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/W3384/view

Normal set squares/round alternating with 2 pointers: http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/W3308/view

Square/Round Full eternity: http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/W3316/view

I could keep going, LOL. They have marquse/round, baguette/round so on so forth etc.
9.gif

ETA: I've gotten pretty good at navigating Adwar, so if anyone wants something particular, let me know and I'll see if I can find it!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 8:22:42 AM

Date: 12/1/2008 9:23:32 PM
Thanks for all the info, gecko!

ETA okay, sorry, I have more questions for you-about how wide is your bezel band? Do you know? And does the palladium look any different than white gold? Thanks and sorry for grilling you!
LOL, I''m more than happy to answer any questions!!!

The WF estimate was 2.3mm. I just held it up to a ruler and on the bezel side it seems to be more like 2mm or slightly under, at least visually. It''s very wee. The bottom looks to be 2.3mm (my ering is 2.5mm, and they are very similar from the bottom). I think the bezels make it look smaller.
1.gif

There is definitely a difference between my WG pieces and my palladium. White gold seems to be whiter, thanks to the rhodium. But the palladium feels.... sleeker, I guess? I really don''t know how else to describe. Laurel - help me out, LOL. I really, really like the look though.

Here''s a pic I took a while back of Palladium, White Gold and Platinum side by side. The lighting could have been better.
28.gif

ETA: Please excuse the sausage digits. I had a lot of rings on that finger, LOL!

metalgdcomparison.jpg

And here''s laurel''s thread where we were discussing it: Linky!!!
I agree with Dani that the palladium is sleeker or smoother feeling than white gold or platinum. I really like it so far. It''s light on the hand (something I like - I was not fond of the heaviness of platinum, but I had a VERY heavy weight setting) and just feels really smooth and silky on the skin. I also really like the color of it. It''s not as shiny white as rhodium plated white gold, but is still very shiny and buffs up nicely with a polishing cloth.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Just try not to smash your ring into a door. That''ll leave a mark.
20.gif
It''s not that bad, LOL. But I was mad at myself. Silly klutzy gecko!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 11:07:11 AM
Just try not to smash your ring into a door. That''ll leave a mark.
20.gif
It''s not that bad, LOL. But I was mad at myself. Silly klutzy gecko!
Oh no - did you scratch the top or the bottom of your ring? I whacked my new e-ring on the wall in the dressing room when I was shopping while on vacation and was almost sick with myself at my klutziness (is that a word???). I checked and checked, but everything was fine, thank goodness!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL, the top, near the diamond too. It''s not too bad. I was ticked off at myself though.

I had an identical scratch in my WG set - I must do something with my hand that smacks it just right. I thought it was the door, but maybe something else? Since I''ve had it on all my rings?

You have to reeeeeaally look at it to see it. When my setting is a year old I''ll get it polished out. I''m sure the scratch will have more friends by then.
20.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
That's weird that you had one in the same place on your other set. I'm going to do the same thing though - send it out to get polished once a year. And get this - Ritani gives you a free polish & inspection every year for life! How cool is that? I'll just have to send it in to Pearlman's... and be without my sparkly for a couple of weeks - that part will not be fun.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 11:29:45 AM
Author: laurel25
That''s weird that you had one in the same place on your other set. I''m going to do the same thing though - send it out to get polished once a year. And get this - Ritani gives you a free polish & inspection every year for life! How cool is that? I''ll just have to send it in to Pearlman''s... and be without my sparkly for a couple of weeks - that part will not be fun.
I hear that!
20.gif
Worth it though!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2008 8:28:42 AM

Date: 12/2/2008 3:19:21 AM
Author: Kim N
Dani, it looks absolutely gorgeous! The two rings go perfectly together! And how wonderful that you were able to find the band at such an affordable price. Your set is just fabulous!

I was wondering if I could ask about your Scott Kay--I have the same one and was wondering, first, if yours has a hole in the tube between the two surprise diamonds, and second, where the culet of your center stone sits. I''m just trying to find out how Scott Kay is setting diamonds in this ring now. Thanks!
I just looked, and I do not see a hole in the tube with the surprise diamonds.

The culet snuggles down just below the top level of the surprise diamonds. You can see it here pretty well:
Thanks, Dani! I appreciate the info! Congrats again on your new wedding band! It''s stunning.

E B

Ideal_Rock
OMG!

gecko, it''s stunning. A perfect compliment to that gorgeous e-ring of yours. FABULOUS CHOICE, lady! :D

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Geckodani, I can''t believe I missed this ring when you first posted it! I L-O-V-E it, and it''s very similar to what I want for my wedding band. It looks beautiful with your solitaire--what an awesome set!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw.
face16.gif
You guys are so sweet! Thank you!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/2/2008 8:17:46 AM
Date: 12/1/2008 8:25:28 PM

Author: shimmer

OMG It''s freaking GORGEOUS!!!!! What an awesome deal too! Had I known...I could have gotten two
31.gif
Hehe. I love how dainty it is. Enjoy!

Aw.
5.gif
I have to thank you again Shimmer - it''s the look of your set that got me started down this road! And I do believe yours has a bit more oomph - aren''t your stones at least 2 pointers?

Mine are 1.5 pointers I believe. The band width is 2.5mm, so a teensy bit wider than yours. Is it just me or are those little ACA''s giving your ering a run for it''s money, they totally do mine! They are just super sparkly!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect with your ering! Sheer Perfection!! ...and what great pics too!!!
30.gif
36.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Gecko, I absolutely love your wedding band! It''s stunning - definitely on my list of favourites
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 4:58:34 PM

Date: 12/2/2008 8:17:46 AM

Date: 12/1/2008 8:25:28 PM

OMG It''s freaking GORGEOUS!!!!! What an awesome deal too! Had I known...I could have gotten two
31.gif
Hehe. I love how dainty it is. Enjoy!

Aw.
5.gif
I have to thank you again Shimmer - it''s the look of your set that got me started down this road! And I do believe yours has a bit more oomph - aren''t your stones at least 2 pointers?

Mine are 1.5 pointers I believe. The band width is 2.5mm, so a teensy bit wider than yours. Is it just me or are those little ACA''s giving your ering a run for it''s money, they totally do mine! They are just super sparkly!
They definitely have personality!!!

Aw - thanks pocahontas and cushion!!! My neighbors once again thought me insane as I was taking pictures. LOL

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love it!! I''ve always wanted a band like this....you lucky gal. I love how dainty it is!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
May I just say again how much I appreciate all of the comments and feedback! You are all wonderful!

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all your posts about your w-band, I found my family/generational band.
1.gif

I''m doing the Square/Round Full eternity in a 3mm wide band in 19kt white gold (no rhodium plating with 19kt): http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/W3316/view.

The rounds will be 3pt brilliant cut diamonds and the squares will be 5pt princess cut gemstones... Red Garnet, Blue Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Ruby, Blue Topaz, Amethyst, Pink Sapphire, Peridot, Orange Sapphire, and an Alexandrite (if there''s room).

I wanted a RHR that would have all my families birthstones on it... I decided to represent all the birthstones so that as I add to my family, they are all represented on my ring (I rarely change jewelry... once a ring is on my finger it stays there).
2.gif

Thanks again for all your posts that led me to my dream family ring!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 1:13:41 PM
Author: CDNTech
Thanks to all your posts about your w-band, I found my family/generational band.
1.gif

I''m doing the Square/Round Full eternity in a 3mm wide band in 19kt white gold (no rhodium plating with 19kt): http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/W3316/view.

The rounds will be 3pt brilliant cut diamonds and the squares will be 5pt princess cut gemstones... Red Garnet, Blue Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Ruby, Blue Topaz, Amethyst, Pink Sapphire, Peridot, Orange Sapphire, and an Alexandrite (if there''s room).

I wanted a RHR that would have all my families birthstones on it... I decided to represent all the birthstones so that as I add to my family, they are all represented on my ring (I rarely change jewelry... once a ring is on my finger it stays there).
2.gif

Thanks again for all your posts that led me to my dream family ring!
30.gif
Oh oh!!! Yay! Yay! Yay! What a lovely sounding ring with a beautiful sentiment behond it! That''s wonderful! I can''t wait to see it, and glad I was able to help, however inadvertantly!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif

Ooh, please fill me in on what she says! Are you going to do an Adwar band also?

Sorry for threadjacking so thoroughly, gecko! Thank you for all your help!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 2:27:29 PM

30.gif

Ooh, please fill me in on what she says! Are you going to do an Adwar band also?

Threadjack away - please! LOL

I just heard from Jamie that 3 people have already requested the same band.... come on, spill. Who is getting new lovelies!?!?
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 2:28:52 PM
Date: 12/3/2008 2:27:29 PM

30.gif

Threadjack away - please! LOL

I just heard from Jamie that 3 people have already requested the same band.... come on, spill. Who is getting new lovelies!?!?

9.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Yeah, who's holding out?! I haven't contacted Sheerah yet because I'm too broke, but I will bug her eventually!

And I wish I lived in MI so I could see your gorgeous ring in person!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m late, but, add me to the list of people who thinks that ring is fabulous! It''s really beautiful gekodani! It''s perfect with your ering! I think I need one with colored stones!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 10:54:58 PM

I have to throw out a big thanks to Shimmer, since it was her band that made me look to WF in the first place. And Jelly, since her beautiful Adwar/WF pieces inspired me to look there.
Awww shucks! I''m glad to have inspired you with the Adwar/WF combination! I''m sure your set with continue to inspire more and more pieces!

It''s gorgeous!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Gecko, your set is beautiful! So glad you love the end product.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 10:08:57 PM
Author: Jelly

Date: 11/30/2008 10:54:58 PM

I have to throw out a big thanks to Shimmer, since it was her band that made me look to WF in the first place. And Jelly, since her beautiful Adwar/WF pieces inspired me to look there.
Awww shucks! I''m glad to have inspired you with the Adwar/WF combination! I''m sure your set with continue to inspire more and more pieces!

It''s gorgeous!
I certainly hope so!
5.gif

Thanks Kimbrly and Miranda!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Perfection!!!! Love your new band and your set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results