shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash/Adwar Bezel Band Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Gecko! And totally worth the wait, right?

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
What an awesome set!
36.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh! I love it! What a beautiful look!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Love it Gecko !
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
To borrow from SanDiegoLady - Oh my Stars you are all SO WONDERFUL! Thank you for all of the wonderful comments and compliments, they really mean a lot to me! Let me try to answer some of the questions you''ve all had.

My ring was done in Palladium. Adwar does do White Gold and Platinum.

The Adwar stock number for my band is W3327.

The eternity I was remembering from Adwar has milgrain, it''s stock number W3346. If you look through the Adwar Category called Stackables, there are a LOT of options.

As for the price, let me start with a disclaimer - these quotes are a month old, for Palladium, and the price of metal changes all the time, so any quotes you get from WF could and probably will be different. I paid a stunningly affordable $575 for my band. The price for the alternating round/baguette band escapes me, but I know that it was under $700 when I got my quotes.

The turn around time on my ring was about a month. I would have had it sooner, but there was a problem with the first cast WF got from Adwar, and they had to get another one. So be prepared for a possible delay.

I am absolutely 100% in love with this ring. It is SO DAINTY. And blings like crazy, without overpowering my center stone. It was absolutely worth all of the research and waiting. And it just goes to show - where there is a will there is a way. I wanted a bezel band. I found one I could afford.
5.gif
If you have your heart set on something - go for it. Ask for help. Get inspired.

I have to throw out a big thanks to Shimmer, since it was her band that made me look to WF in the first place. And Jelly, since her beautiful Adwar/WF pieces inspired me to look there.

I''m more than happy to answer any other questions, and hope I didn''t miss any!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Once again I have to saw how sweet you all are.
1.gif

I wanted to add that the ring really is comfortable, and it barely spins at all. It has yet to rotate to the point that it''s needed adjustment.

Here''s a link to the Stackables page on Adwar.

http://www.adwar.com/products/list?page=7&category=Stackables

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 10:54:58 PM
Author: geckodani

As for the price, let me start with a disclaimer - these quotes are a month old, for Palladium, and the price of metal changes all the time, so any quotes you get from WF could and probably will be different. I paid a stunningly affordable $575 for my band. The price for the alternating round/baguette band escapes me, but I know that it was under $700 when I got my quotes.

I have to throw out a big thanks to Shimmer, since it was her band that made me look to WF in the first place.

I actually contacted WF after seeing Shimmer''s wedding band. Unfortunately, it was way over budget for me. I''m thrilled to know I can now afford my dream band!! Thanks so much for posting the info about your beautiful ring! I guess I''ll have to get in touch with WF again
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Your new set is gorgeous, gecko!!!!! Enjoy it!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 11:44:57 PM
Author: lisamarie84

Date: 11/30/2008 10:54:58 PM

I have to throw out a big thanks to Shimmer, since it was her band that made me look to WF in the first place.

I actually contacted WF after seeing Shimmer''s wedding band. Unfortunately, it was way over budget for me. I''m thrilled to know I can now afford my dream band!! Thanks so much for posting the info about your beautiful ring! I guess I''ll have to get in touch with WF again
9.gif
Yay! I hope your quote is similar!!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh Dani - I love it!!! It looks so perfect with your e-ring! Sorry I haven''t posted - I haven''t been online much the last week while I was in MI. I''m so glad that you''ve finally received your band and you''re so happy with it!!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Yay Geckodani!!!! Your set is fabulous!!!
36.gif
The band looks perfect with your ering!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw... thanks laurel! I''m so in love! I keep staring at my hand, LOL!

I''m so glad your ring arrived safe and sound as well!

Thanks joflier! I think so too!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Gecko - what a perfect set! it looks AWESOME on you!!!!
36.gif

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all the info gecko. it really is a lovely band (and set)! congrats
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! And absolutely perfect with your e-ring!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oooh gecko! It''s beautiful! What a gorgeous set!!
36.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG It''s freaking GORGEOUS!!!!! What an awesome deal too! Had I known...I could have gotten two
31.gif
Hehe. I love how dainty it is. Enjoy!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the info, gecko!

ETA okay, sorry, I have more questions for you-about how wide is your bezel band? Do you know? And does the palladium look any different than white gold? Thanks and sorry for grilling you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani, it looks absolutely gorgeous! The two rings go perfectly together! And how wonderful that you were able to find the band at such an affordable price. Your set is just fabulous!

I was wondering if I could ask about your Scott Kay--I have the same one and was wondering, first, if yours has a hole in the tube between the two surprise diamonds, and second, where the culet of your center stone sits. I''m just trying to find out how Scott Kay is setting diamonds in this ring now. Thanks!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely band, it''s really beautiful! And your set is so elegant and classic!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 8:25:28 PM
Author: shimmer
OMG It''s freaking GORGEOUS!!!!! What an awesome deal too! Had I known...I could have gotten two
31.gif
Hehe. I love how dainty it is. Enjoy!
Aw.
5.gif
I have to thank you again Shimmer - it''s the look of your set that got me started down this road! And I do believe yours has a bit more oomph - aren''t your stones at least 2 pointers?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 9:23:32 PM
Author: thing2of2
Thanks for all the info, gecko!

ETA okay, sorry, I have more questions for you-about how wide is your bezel band? Do you know? And does the palladium look any different than white gold? Thanks and sorry for grilling you!
LOL, I'm more than happy to answer any questions!!!

The WF estimate was 2.3mm. I just held it up to a ruler and on the bezel side it seems to be more like 2mm or slightly under, at least visually. It's very wee. The bottom looks to be 2.3mm (my ering is 2.5mm, and they are very similar from the bottom). I think the bezels make it look smaller.
1.gif

There is definitely a difference between my WG pieces and my palladium. White gold seems to be whiter, thanks to the rhodium. But the palladium feels.... sleeker, I guess? I really don't know how else to describe. Laurel - help me out, LOL. I really, really like the look though.

Here's a pic I took a while back of Palladium, White Gold and Platinum side by side. The lighting could have been better.
28.gif

ETA: Please excuse the sausage digits. I had a lot of rings on that finger, LOL!

metalgdcomparison.jpg

And here's laurel's thread where we were discussing it: Linky!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 3:19:21 AM
Author: Kim N
Dani, it looks absolutely gorgeous! The two rings go perfectly together! And how wonderful that you were able to find the band at such an affordable price. Your set is just fabulous!

I was wondering if I could ask about your Scott Kay--I have the same one and was wondering, first, if yours has a hole in the tube between the two surprise diamonds, and second, where the culet of your center stone sits. I''m just trying to find out how Scott Kay is setting diamonds in this ring now. Thanks!
I just looked, and I do not see a hole in the tube with the surprise diamonds.

The culet snuggles down just below the top level of the surprise diamonds. You can see it here pretty well:

glowingprofile.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks gecko! Can you tell I really want your band?!
3.gif

I''m going to check out the link you gave me right now!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:26:12 AM
3.gif

LOL! I hope it all works out for you! It''s a great little ring! I''d definitely get it in whatever metal corresponds to your ering, if you''re getting it as a wedding band.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:30:03 AM

3.gif

LOL! I hope it all works out for you! It''s a great little ring! I''d definitely get it in whatever metal corresponds to your ering, if you''re getting it as a wedding band.

I can''t decide if I want it for wedding band or for a fun ring! I need to go to a Tiffany and try on their bezel band with my e-ring to see if it looks good. If I did get it for a wedding band it would have to be WG...but for a fun band I would do palladium if it''s a fair amount cheaper than WG. I''m graduating from college soon and I want to get myself a little present (with diamonds, obviously!) so this is going on that list! Thanks again for all your help! And that palladium thread was interesting!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:34:36 AM

Date: 12/2/2008 9:30:03 AM

3.gif

I can''t decide if I want it for wedding band or for a fun ring! I need to go to a Tiffany and try on their bezel band with my e-ring to see if it looks good. If I did get it for a wedding band it would have to be WG...but for a fun band I would do palladium if it''s a fair amount cheaper than WG. I''m graduating from college soon and I want to get myself a little present (with diamonds, obviously!) so this is going on that list! Thanks again for all your help! And that palladium thread was interesting!
Keep in mind that the Tiff band has 2 pointers I think, mine is 1 pointers.
5.gif
WF prices palladium between WG and Plat, I think. It changes all the time.
20.gif
Just to make life interesting!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know! You are an expert on bezel bands! Seriously! And hey, if WG is even cheaper than palladium, that's even better!
3.gif
I wonder if Adwar makes a bezel band with 2 pointers. I didn't see it on the Stackables page but maybe?

ETA my e-ring is 2.2 mm so I think my w-band needs to be at least that wide...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:44:27 AM
Good to know! You are an expert on bezel bands! Seriously! And hey, if WG is even cheaper than palladium, that''s even better!
3.gif
I wonder if Adwar makes a bezel band with 2 pointers. I didn''t see it on the Stackables page but maybe?

WF says mine is 2.3mm, LOL. Do you live in MI? I''ll let you borrow it.
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:50:15 AM
Date: 12/2/2008 9:44:27 AM

Good to know! You are an expert on bezel bands! Seriously! And hey, if WG is even cheaper than palladium, that''s even better!
3.gif
I wonder if Adwar makes a bezel band with 2 pointers. I didn''t see it on the Stackables page but maybe?

WF says mine is 2.3mm, LOL. Do you live in MI? I''ll let you borrow it.
9.gif

OMG Dani! I just found this thread! I LOVE YOUR BAND SO MUCH!

I tried on the Tiffany Jazz on Sunday and fell in love, but not with the pricetag. I had it in the back of my mind to ask WF and my local jeweler to give me quotes for a similar band when we got closer to buying wedding bands but you''ve made life so much easier by providing all the information about your band! You can bet I will be bookmarking the model number for that Adwar casting.

Similar to Thing2''s e-ring mine is also around 2.3 mm (2.5 on top, 2.1 on the underside).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results