shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash ACA & Verragio Insignia Proposal!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a beautiful wedding and on your rapidly approaching 1 year anniversary!

I'm utterly certain that a 7.6mm diamond in this setting will sit way too far above the setting, and will look very disconnected from the setting. It will simply look like it doesn't fit - which it wouldn't!

Can you upgrade the setting also? Same style, but a size that will fit your new diamond? It would be a shame to get a gorgeous new diamond and try to jam it into the wrong sized setting; 1.6mm is a huge difference in a diamond, and the new diameter will also overlap with your surrounding melee.

Verragio settings aren't cheap, yet they're still not custom made settings. So if it were me, I'd be thinking about a custom made setting for your beautiful new stone; if you think this will be your forever ring, it would be worth the effort, I think.

Good luck - and again - congratulations! :wavey:

jonathanmo831

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Here is a response from WF. I will probably just put a stone in the original setting. And then get a new setting for the 1.6 ACA.

“A 1.6ct round diamond is approximately 0.7mm larger in depth/height when compared to your current diamond, and approximately 1.3mm larger in diameter.
To avoid the diamond being taller, and covering part of the Verragio floral design, it may be best to utilize our 50% Lifetime Upgrade policy on designer settings. Or, re-set the ring with a gemstone as you have suggested.”

jonathanmo831

Rough_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a beautiful wedding and on your rapidly approaching 1 year anniversary!

I'm utterly certain that a 7.6mm diamond in this setting will sit way too far above the setting, and will look very disconnected from the setting. It will simply look like it doesn't fit - which it wouldn't!

Can you upgrade the setting also? Same style, but a size that will fit your new diamond? It would be a shame to get a gorgeous new diamond and try to jam it into the wrong sized setting; 1.6mm is a huge difference in a diamond, and the new diameter will also overlap with your surrounding melee.

Verragio settings aren't cheap, yet they're still not custom made settings. So if it were me, I'd be thinking about a custom made setting for your beautiful new stone; if you think this will be your forever ring, it would be worth the effort, I think.

Good luck - and again - congratulations! :wavey:

Thank you so much! For some reason I didn’t see this reply until now. This is very helpful. I completely agree about a full custom setting to fit the new diamond.

I would still keep the Verragio and put a birthstone in for my wife since she loves that setting and it’s what represents the proposal. I think a new diamond and setting for a one year is pretty weird but that’s what I like about it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea about a birthstone in her original setting!

Who would you get to do the setting?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a gemstone in the original setting is a nice idea

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results