shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash ACA & Verragio Insignia Proposal!

jonathanmo831

Rough_Rock
Premium
Diamond.jpg Setting.png
Hey everyone!

My name is Jonathan, and I want to share and document the engagement ring I've created with Whiteflash! I also want to thank this community for being a great resource through this process. As someone who is thorough by nature, I found myself coming back to this forum quite a bit - it goes without saying that the information here has been very helpful! We are looking at 3.5 weeks until completion!

Diamond Specs: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3963058.htm
-0.956 ct G VS1 A CUT ABOVE®Hearts and Arrows Diamond
-AGS-104098016002

Setting Specs: https://www.verragio.com/Verragio-Engagement-Rings/Insignia-Engagement-Rings/INSIGNIA-7087R/1144
-7087R / .50 F/G VS diamonds
-Platinum setting

The Whiteflash team has been incredible through this process. They have been both professional and flexible with my numerous questions and a few revisions along the way. The diamond I reserved was brought into inventory recently when the market price was good ($2 more than an ACA G/VS1 around 9.02 with comparable IDEAL/ASOT performance).

I initially liked the 7060 but saw the 7087R and knew the intricate flower design would fit what my girl likes. I also went platinum for longevity, especially given the complicated design and many diamonds with this setting. I'm not in the "upgrade" camp when it comes to either the diamond or the setting. I wanted to spec out something that would truly last forever.

Thanks again to this community for your help! I will make sure to post the Whiteflash pics when I get them.
- Jonathan

Last edited:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear that you had a great experience with WF! The stone and setting that you've selected for your girl are gorgeous! Is the setting made-to-order and is the stone being set by Verragio or WF?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Job well done!...:clap:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous job! Make sure you come back with handshots!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds beautiful - please come back and share pictures with us!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely well done! Impatiently waiting for pictures!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, she’s going to be thrilled, well done on your great choices.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous choices! Well done.:love: All the best and she is going to be over the moon happy. :appl:
Please come back with handshots!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a fabulous job Jonathan, it is a gorgeous ring and she's going to love it! :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner of a stone and setting!! Please come back with hand shots :mrgreen2:!

jonathanmo831

Rough_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear that you had a great experience with WF! The stone and setting that you've selected for your girl are gorgeous! Is the setting made-to-order and is the stone being set by Verragio or WF?

Thank you! Yes, this setting is made to order. I think all Verragio settings are made to order and accommodate for the diamond size as well. There was an additional upcharge on this setting (over the platinum upcharge), as my diamond is basically a 1 ct. I think Verragio finishes each setting as a semi-mount and then Whiteflash will set the diamond.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be beautiful! :appl:Stunner of a stone!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Please post pictures when you get it, the style looks beautiful

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Jonathan you certainly did your homework! And you did it very well!
It’s gorgeous and your girl is going to love it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular ring! Come back with hand shots!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, and you did a fabulous job! It is truly a ring that your girl will love for a lifetime! I am impressed that you recognized that and went for it. Great job!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful choice!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Yes, this setting is made to order. I think all Verragio settings are made to order and accommodate for the diamond size as well. There was an additional upcharge on this setting (over the platinum upcharge), as my diamond is basically a 1 ct. I think Verragio finishes each setting as a semi-mount and then Whiteflash will set the diamond.

I just love it when I hear guys talking about up-charges and semi mounts. Well done you; you did your homework and I'm sure your ring will be awesome! :appl:

jonathanmo831

Rough_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, and you did a fabulous job! It is truly a ring that your girl will love for a lifetime! I am impressed that you recognized that and went for it. Great job!

Thanks for that last note! It was important to me that this ring be spec'd in a way where further revision is unnecessary.

jonathanmo831

Rough_Rock
Premium
hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104098016002-idealscope-139787.jpg hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104098016002-aset-139784.jpg hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104098016002-hearts-139786.jpg

Thanks everyone! I forgot to add the IDEAL/ASET/HEARTS images. The ring is on track for shipping out next Wednesday! I will update this thread with the professional photos from Whiteflash when I get them.

Funny enough, the ring is shipping out the same day my girl and I leave for a trip to New York. I'm having the ring shipped to a local Fed Ex. My plan is to do a surprise proposal either in Central Park or on a rooftop with professional photography. I'll upload those ring shots here as well.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely images! Been following this thread waiting for the big reveal. :)

Have a wonderful time in NY!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your girl will love it. Please come back with handshots. I can't wait to see it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104098016002-idealscope-139787.jpg hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104098016002-aset-139784.jpg hearts-and-arrows-round-diamond-ags-104098016002-hearts-139786.jpg

Thanks everyone! I forgot to add the IDEAL/ASET/HEARTS images. The ring is on track for shipping out next Wednesday! I will update this thread with the professional photos from Whiteflash when I get them.

Funny enough, the ring is shipping out the same day my girl and I leave for a trip to New York. I'm having the ring shipped to a local Fed Ex. My plan is to do a surprise proposal either in Central Park or on a rooftop with professional photography. I'll upload those ring shots here as well.

Ooh it is going to be gorgeous and how exciting! Good luck and congratulations! :appl:
Cannot wait to see hand shots.:love:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting!! Congratulations!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, It's a beautiful diamond and setting! I'm sure your lady will be thrilled.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

How exciting! We can’t wait to hear all about and see that gorgeous ring on her finger! Safe travels!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Great job with research and thoughtfulness. Looking forward to hearing the engagement story and seeing hand shots. Safe travels and have a great time in NYC!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results