shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash 1.81 D SI Expert Selection RB

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
I'm taking a short break from old cuts. :wink2:
I don't think I posted any picture of this stone yet.
It's a result of my "downgrade" with Whiteflash and is actually my main e-ring.

It started in 2009 as 1.07 G grew over next few years up to 2.25 J and finally shrunk to perfect size for my finger 1.81 and it's a D !!!!
I made this final move last May, and do not plan to do any more upgrades with this stone. This one will stay in the family and will be passed to future generations :wink2:

It's a ex/ex/ex
Depth 61.0
Table 57.0
Crown Angle 35.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8

HCA score - 1.6

It also has faint blue fluorescence which I love.

I took few pictures outside in the early evening hours. Full overcast and no son. It rained all day here today.

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/D4.JPG[/img

[img]http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/D5.JPG[/img

[ATTACH=full]533427[/ATTACH]

Indoors:

[ATTACH=full]533428[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• D5.jpg
    D5.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 3
  • D6.jpg
    D6.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a real beauty, Inna!!! You have a varied diamond style! ;)) All of your gorgeous OEC's and now a bright white MRB - I love how you've 'covered your bases' in diamond land! :appl:

This is a gorgeous bright white stone - wear it in good health and enjoy :bigsmile:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful...!!! i wore a 2.32 J ES for years and loved it...my olive tone makes icy white diamonds look too bright on me but it looks fantastic on you!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You have a lot of projects going on InnaR!! :love: I adore old cuts too, but I really love how classic your set is and I agree that it looks like the perfect size for your hand. Did it look shockingly small when you first got it? I haven't had anything larger than a 1.2 so I've never gone down in size, but I imagine that it takes some getting used to. Of course you still have some other large bling so, best of both worlds, and now even some colored diamonds!! :love: :love:

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Christina,
I did not like how 2.25 J looked on my finger. It looked too big, and I had to reset it into pendant and wore it on my neck for a while. Modern RB are flatter than old cuts, so they give better finger coverage. With my size it doesn't look really good.
When I received it and opened the box ....well it took my breath away. It's blindingly white and shiny and fiery and so on. Because of this stone, i'm not a full convert to old cuts (only about 70%) :twirl:
And it had this one quality that I can explain only by saying "when you look at it, it looks back at you".

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi,
Think you! Trying really hard to cut down and maybe even unload few things. Time to focus on settings and other things in life :twirl:

Mara,
I have a fair skin tone and that 2.24 (i think it was 2.24, not 2.25) looked ridiculously big on my finger. Had to wear in a pendant. I'm sure it made somebody very happy.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute perfection!! :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the crisp white color! RB's are still my favorite kind of cut!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is amazing!!! Love your ring and it looks fantastic on your hand. A D color solitaire in that size must be a dream!!!

Do you see the color difference going from a J to a D?

Beautiful ring!!! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Inna----"UNLOAD A FEW THINGS"?!?!?!! hmmmm.... and do tell..... what would you be setting free? You have a pretty sweet little jewel box!

boxy

Rough_Rock
It's simply gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!! : )

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is beautiful - it looks fabulous on you and the size looks perfect for your hand!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!!! Classic and fabulous!!!! The perfect size!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! So sparkly and clear! :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
It's almost my HOLY GRAIL !!!!
i LOVE IT !!!! :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous perfect stunning set!!! I have an E with faint fluorescence and I love the icy whiteness of it. And the size of yours looks perfect on your hand.

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
OCgirl,Yes, there is definitely a difference between J and D. I did not get to compare them side by side, but J in the indoor office lighting had more body tint than a D (I guess no surprise there). Under big box and restaurant lighting (this is where you would see most of fire) it had a lot of blue, green, red and yellow splintery fire, where with this one it's more of blue, green, red and white.
I am a bad owner, and feel ashamed of how it’s set. White it's the most expensive piece of jewelry I own, it's still set in Whiteflash four prong most simple solitaire. I might need to move in to the front of the setting resetting queue.
I read on this forum that D SI1 is not the most desirable combo, but I could not resist.
Stargulr78, did you post pictures of it? I would love to see it.
Maybe we can start a “My colorless bling” topic here, for those who consider colorless stones (I know we have few for lower colors).
Here is a picture of J for a comparison next to D (sorry not the best picture of J).

InnarPicture0081.jpg

D5.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And what a great heirloom for your future generations...that will make someone a very happy
camper!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning :love: :love: :love: enjoy wearing that beauty.

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi said:
Inna----"UNLOAD A FEW THINGS"?!?!?!! hmmmm.... and do tell..... what would you be setting free? You have a pretty sweet little jewel box!

Enerchi,
I've been promising my husband to open and ebay shop and to sell few things. I have loose 1.2 OMC and 1.0 OEC. I literally don't have any idea what I can do with them. I also have a pair of OEC earring, that just live in my jewerly box and i'm not wearing them. I'll finally get there and will post it on the ebay and preloved forum.

Selling seems so much more difficult than buying:twirl: Maybe Dreamer will share few tips on selling.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
InnaR - congratulations! Stunning! I am all for bright white diamonds. I can only dream to own a D in such size :love:

I actually quite like the setting, which not just go perfectly with your band, also highlights the beautiful diamond.

May I ask what is your finger size?

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Elam,
Thank you! I'm a bit smaller than 3.25.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too actually think the current setting showcases that stone beautifully - why mess with perfection?

Gorgeous!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
InnaR|1339514758|3214588 said:
Elam,
Thank you! I'm a bit smaller than 3.25.

Instead of saving up for an upgrade, I'm going to give my right ring finger a botox shot - that might get it down by a size. My 1.2 will then look like a 1.2.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love love love D colored diamonds! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Elam,
I thought that botox adds volume, not takes it away. :wink2:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
InnaR said:
OCgirl,Yes, there is definitely a difference between J and D. I did not get to compare them side by side, but J in the indoor office lighting had more body tint than a D (I guess no surprise there). Under big box and restaurant lighting (this is where you would see most of fire) it had a lot of blue, green, red and yellow splintery fire, where with this one it's more of blue, green, red and white.
I am a bad owner, and feel ashamed of how it’s set. White it's the most expensive piece of jewelry I own, it's still set in Whiteflash four prong most simple solitaire. I might need to move in to the front of the setting resetting queue.
I read on this forum that D SI1 is not the most desirable combo, but I could not resist.
Stargulr78, did you post pictures of it? I would love to see it.
Maybe we can start a “My colorless bling” topic here, for those who consider colorless stones (I know we have few for lower colors).
Here is a picture of J for a comparison next to D (sorry not the best picture of J).

Yes, here is the thread to my e-ring:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-got-a-makeover-and-she-looks-great.157948/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-got-a-makeover-and-she-looks-great.157948/[/URL]

And with my wedding band:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-wedding-bands-facets-channel-set-artcarved-palladium.164629/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-wedding-bands-facets-channel-set-artcarved-palladium.164629/[/URL]

Also, why are you ashamed of how its set?! I think it looks wonderful in that classic simple setting. What would you consider resetting it into? And I love your D SI1 although you're right, it seems that most here do not favor stones that are this white. But I'm with ya on loving their beauty :bigsmile: (However, I don't love the increase in prices because of it).

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
InnaR|1339516570|3214606 said:
Elam,
I thought that botox adds volume, not takes it away. :wink2:

In HK, women use it to slim face, jawline and legs :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning :love: :love: tiny fingers too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results