shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash 1.81 D SI Expert Selection RB

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Inna, you wrote "I read on this forum that D SI1 is not the most desirable combo, but I could not resist." Do you have that thread on hand? I'd love to read up some more on it. My guess and I stress it's a guess is that the most popular/desirable combo would be a G/H and SI1 for the value?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Inna, I love your new diamond, and I agree it's the perfect size! I'm biased because I have a 1.81 H SI1....I would love to upgrade to a higher color (like you, I like the icy white range), and I have no desire to increase in ct. I think for my finger (size 5), the 1.81 has a great presence for that wow factor, but not too cumbersome for everyday chores etc.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think the D SI1 combo is perfect (I have a G SI1 but won't mind a higher color). I also love the solitaire setting, it really brings your focus to the icy white stone.
Can't stop coming back to this thread! Beautiful~~~

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
ChrisM,
I read it several places over few years, so would be hard to pick one discussion. Just type "D SI" into search field and you'll get pages and pages of discussions.
I guess general idea is, that there is no need to pay for what you cannot see, and D and G would look the same to most people.

However, with comparable cut and size price for D/SI1 would be very close if not the same for G/VS2 (at least based on JA posted diamonds). If we are talking about eye clean SI1 I would hands down take D over G.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
InnaR|1339471453|3214321 said:
And it had this one quality that I can explain only by saying "when you look at it, it looks back at you".

I love how you put it, and I agree that some stones do have that feeling.

Definitely think the size of the 1.8 looks much better on your tiny fingers than the 2.2something. Cheers to this beauty!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great! Ill have to keep an eye out for it in the stores ;-)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! It looks just amazing on you!!! :love:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! :love:

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
And a few more....

Today at 7:00 p.m., at the back deck. There was no sun, so I have no idea where it was catching fire from.

D5_0.jpg

D4_0.jpg

D3_0.jpg

D1_1.jpg

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Looks quite sizable on your tiny finger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results