shape
carat
color
clarity

White gold or yellow for demantoid

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Hi Hest, I read all your Demantoid posts with interest and have been to pala's sight. I think their pics look to good to be true though. I recall you posting Pala's photo and the real stone and they very diff.

I am afraid to have stones sent to a gemologist only to find the photos and descriptions where bogus. It just happenned and the gem dude was kind enough to eat the costs. I wonder if Pala allows me to go see for myself? Fallbrook is in California. :)

No Ana I have not seen Rich Martin's Demantoids. They look lovely in the pic though! But I have a rule that I must use a credit card for purchasing items sight unseen so until Rich M. takes the Citybank I cannot shop there. I cannot wait till his store is up!

Where is Rich Wise site? I thought he only had sapphires for some reason. Hmm I will go search.

Thanks for Steve Perry Link and I wrote Pala!
19.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 12:59:25 PM
Author: Kimberly
Hi Hest, I read all your Demantoid posts with interest and have been to pala''s sight. I think their pics look to good to be true though. I recall you posting Pala''s photo and the real stone and they very diff.

I am afraid to have stones sent to a gemologist only to find the photos and descriptions where bogus. It just happenned and the gem dude was kind enough to eat the costs. I wonder if Pala allows me to go see for myself? Fallbrook is in California. :)
I wouldn''t say they are very different from the site photos. I''d say they were just super well-lit and well-photographed. The photos give you a good idea what the stones look like; you just have to picture them darker. The three stones I bought a few months ago are really gorgeous and look a lot like the middle stone in the Pala photograph you posted above. I wish I could show them to you in person because I think you''d be impressed. However, they were of the unphotographed stock, so I didn''t see them at all until I had them in my hands. I just trusted Josh''s eye and Wink''s eye, and then my own when I finally got them.

You *can* visit Fallbrook. They actually also have a store there and I''ve talked to Josh about visiting before. They''re out in the middle of nowhere though. I once calculated that it would take over three hours to get there from L.A. I would think it would be worth the trip, though, if you have the time!

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Oh u r from la too. Guess what?My bf parents live in Temecula close to Pala !!!!! :))))))

Road trip!!!!

I just tried the trusting thing-It did not work and made me feel guilty I did not buy the stones. I dunno if I can do it again. It is just like when I bought a car a month ago. I called around for a rare model and people said they had the exact model. But when I drove out there they tried to sell me something different as they did not have that model.

Homey don''t play that.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly,

richard wise is at www.rwwise.com

any excuse for a roadtrip...and going to see gems would be the best!

pala operates by sending stones you want to see to a jeweler in your area. all your jeweler has to do is call them....i''ve done it. pala is also not ''inexpensive'' as they carry higher quality gems.

also, you might want to contact richard hughes who posts here periodically. he might be of assistance......

movie zombie

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I actually live in No. Cal., but my sister is down in LA so I thought about going to Pala next time I was down there. If you go, though, take lots of pictures I expect a full write-up!
10.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I''ve learned the hard way what pictures online are good for: making folk feel good and the computer screen look colorful. It saves grief to know what to expect from a seller & stone type & price range, and perhaps add about 30% info from the pictures. Even if done with the most sincere intention, there''s no ''what-you-see-is-what-you-get'' guarantee.

Quick question...

I know that before the demantoid hit, you were looking for a small color change (alex) that didn''t pan out.

What if the color change exhibit was not alexandrite but a rather fine red to green color change garnet? Cushion, near 2 cts... near 1k (gotta find the link).

The usual fault of these stones is being too dark and/or some tell-tale needle like inclusions. The good color means distinct and fairly saturated colors in strong light and somewhat sleepy in low light - because the color is so deep. So is this one. This is the nature of the beast though - I don''t know of any color change garnet with bright colors at both the green and the red end. Which doesn''t mean you (or anyone) has to put up with the shortcomings. It has been a while since finishing any red/green color change garnet on offer, hence the mention.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Not exactly sure what yer asking there Ana but yes I considered an Alex than realized I wanted to see that baby in person.

Then I got bit by the green bug and figure I could probaby buy that from one of our trusted venders but I learned that that was not easy either. So now I am road tripping I guess. There is also a gem show comming to Cali so I can look there.

Don''t think I like color change garnets for the dark reason.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2006 12:30:50 AM
Author: Kimberly

Not exactly sure what yer asking there Ana but yes I considered an Alex than realized I wanted to see that baby in person.

Don''t think I like color change garnets for the dark reason.

Oups... sorry for the confusing post.

I was looking at a cute CC garnet online while the computer gave up on me. And then forgot about the post
38.gif

Doesn''t matter, I guess.

Here''s the thing: last on the page

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results