shape
carat
color
clarity

White Flash vs Victor Canera Diamond

juju911

Rough_Rock
I am debating between these two diamonds. The price difference is not a concern, I just want to get opinions as to which diamond would be the best looking diamond? The only differences are the size and clarity. With VS2 generally being better then SI1, I realize where the inclusions actually are located is an important factor. What do you guys think about the location of inclusions on these?

https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/91yenn-1.254-g-si1-ideal-hearts-arrows-round#cmp=pd

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3638804.htm?source=pricescope#

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
both are really beautiful diamonds. i think it boils down to setting, actually.

juju911

Rough_Rock
image_792.jpg image_793.jpg

This is the setting for it.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ok, so you already have the setting picked out. Wowza, that is a stunner. Did the wearer pick it out because it is quite the statement piece, not exactly something you could wear every day. That pave needs to be babied.

That said, I'd probably go with the VC stone, face up you really won't be able to tell the difference in size and it's nearly $1k less than the WF stone. I can't comment on the inclusions, i am no expert on the imact of the feathers in the stone.

see here, can you tell the difference between the two, visually?:

http://www.diamdb.com/compare/1.32ct-round-7.02x7.07x4.36-vs-1.25ct-round-6.93x6.96x4.28/

juju911

Rough_Rock
I am the wearer and I did pick it out. I am in love with it! Just needs to perfect stone.

Can you re post the link? It does not seem to be working.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry, didn't realize it was an affiliate link so it was edited by mods. here's the snapshot.

comparison_1.jpg

juju911

Rough_Rock
Is the bigger diamond the one on the left?
Is there anyone you know on these boards that you could direct over here to look at the inclusions?

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep, the 1.3 is on the left. it faces up 3% larger from what the comparison said.

What is your worry with the inclusions? WF says the 1.3 is eyeclean and the VC looks eye clean as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that setting made to take a 7mm stone? It looks almost like it would take a larger one.

juju911

Rough_Rock
My worry with inclusions is being able to see them or the inclusions affecting the sparkle factor.
And to answer the other question the ring can hold up to a 1.5 ct diamond. Right now I put a 7mm cz in it to see what that looks like and it looks great! The Victor diamond is so close to 7mm so I figure that will look just as good.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the stone sit up high near the prongs? I just want you to be sure if it's really meant for a 7.5mm center that you get a stone large enough to look right. Can you take a picture with the 7mm cz?

juju911

Rough_Rock
Hopefully these photos show you what you are looking for. When I really inspect the ring the prongs are shifted too far to the left, and I plan to get that fixed when setting a diamond.

img_9197.jpg

img_9198.jpg

Sorry I do not know why they uploaded sideways.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results