shape
carat
color
clarity

Which wedding band?

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I am looking for thoughts and opinions on choosing my wedding band. I went to a B&M jeweler today and tried on two tacori bands with my verragio. I know there is a matching band for my ering but it is too thick and I would like a band with a thinner width. I nailed it down to these two.

20190601_154555.jpg 20190601_154601.jpg
I really like the look of the band on top but my concern with it is that it sticks out more than my ering on the left and right sides. The jeweler said this is due to the sample band being a larger size than my ering. However, I had this problem with another ring that I ordered online and returned. The jeweler said that when the ring is ordered to the right size, it should not stick out nearly as much, but I am paranoid. I asked what the options would be if I was unhappy with it and they said first they would try to shave/polish down the sides. If that didnt work, they would send it back to Tacori and have them generate a CAD image for partial customization (at my cost) to remove two stones from both sides to "slim down" the sides. Last resort, they would have Tacori redo the ring down an entirely custom route which could be very expensive.

The ring on the bottom looks great already, despite being a bigger size. It sits well against my ering but the only problem I have is that it just doesn't "feel" like a wedding band to me. It just looks like a really pretty complimentary band. But it does sit perfectly and doesnt stick out.

What is everyone's thoughts? Should I take the risk in ordering the first one?

Last edited:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Here is my issue that I am trying to avoid (this is an entirely different ring I had ordered online and have returned). This was a verragio band that had a wider inlay design that caused it to push out on the sides despite being very close in size to my ering (.5 size diff):
20190524_100901.jpg
20190524_100935.jpg
Here is a profile of the top band from tacori. The design is much "shorter" than the verragio but I am still paranoid about it potentially having the same issue:
received_695328657591862.jpeg
20190601_154610.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
To be honest I prefer the bottom set, I think it goes beautifully with your engagement ring. But it doesn't sound like it's the right one for you. Having said that, the process for the one you prefer seems like a right faff, and also quite expensive with no guarantee that it will all match.

Perhaps you would be better going custom? Then you could get exactly what you want height wise etc. Lots of people on here for example have great success with someone like David Klass.

Best of luck!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of the band on top and it will be a great standalone ring as well. However, I would look for similar bands that you can order and try with your ring before getting anything custom and/or a band that you can’t return.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the style of the lower band goes better with your e-ring.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Please don’t hate me, but I don’t care much for either with your engagement ring- which is beautiful by the way!
I’m also confused why you’re paying a premium for a designer name if the band want specifically made to fit with your ring. A vendor like Whiteflash will have diamonds as lovely as those in the Tacori band with an extra charge for the name.
Adding: my compliant, much like your own, is that neither seem to match the height/thickness of your engagement ring.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the bottom band as I think it looks very nice with your engagement ring. Having a band that protrudes beyond the outer circumference of the engagement ring just wouldn't work for me and I can tell it probably doesn't for you either. I tried on many, many band with my three stone ring and found just that situation to be the case many times over. I think it looks perfect as a wedding band!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the bottom band with your e-ring. And it really would be beautiful alone as well. But go with your gut on such an important purchase.

Reactions: BMI

BMI

Shiny_Rock
I also prefer the style of the bottom band with your ering and think they make a beautiful wedding set!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bottom band better too.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies, all! I think I will send an email to David Klass and see if that may be an option. The reason why I was looking for Tacori is because when I was picking out my engagement ring, Tacori was the only other designer i really liked and i love their little trademark sign at the bottom of their bands. But i think in this case, I'll try to see if the custom route may work better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results