shape
carat
color
clarity

Which upgraded LOGR diamonds look better? Or do they look the same?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 4:56:30 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 7/1/2009 4:28:54 PM
Author: blinkydoll
The diamonds in the new setting look really good in pics# 1 & 4,

It looks like a Nice setting!
If you didn''t have the other setting to compare it to--- would you like the diamonds?

well--- you can always toss it over to me if you don''t care for it... I guesss I could find Something to do with it??
31.gif
2.gif

p.s--
any chance for a pic with the stone popped in ?
12.gif

tag--your it!
35.gif
I have a hard time showing the quality difference - I think it would show up better with my usual camera. I send off an email - we''ll see what he says. Here are some pics, blinky!
Holy wow! Your collection just makes me swoon, Cellantini!!!!!
3.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the comments, guys. I appreciate your honest input!

LovingDiamonds - interesting thought. Have you successfully negotiated a partial refund with LOGR before?

Chrono - lol, wow, thanks for taking the time to stare at my pics for a few minutes. I know they''re not the best. I do think the WG might contribute to the greyness of the diamonds, but I''ve louped them, and they just don''t return much light. I think asking LOGR to use well-cut diamonds will be much more difficult.

part gypsy - thanks for your input. Fish eyes are not good - hadn''t noticed them before, but now I''ll have to check again. And thanks for your nice comment on my RG ring.

fierypyropixy - thank you for commenting. It''s much harder for me to judge smaller diamonds like these too. I think I''m like you - I''m not looking for a specific grade in the melee, I just want them white and sparkly.

mariedtiger - You''ve got quite a colored stone collection going yourself, so you''ve got nothing to be envious about!! Thanks for your opinions about the rings!

LTP - Aww heck, Lauren, that''s really sweet of you. I swear I spent a good half-hour last night looking at all your photos in the gallery. I think I need more pics of that oval setting with the red stone (can''t remember what it was, sorry
41.gif
) I''m especially interested in the profile. Was that an LOGR setting too? I missed it''s debut - maybe I can find a thread somewhere...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think it's easier for LOGR to upgrade the colour and clarity but I doubt he'll be able to get anything better cut. They really don't look too bad though, especially considering the price paid.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 4:03:59 PM
Author: Chrono
Yes, I think it''s easier for LOGR to upgrade the colour and clarity but I doubt he''ll be able to get anything better cut. They really don''t look too bad though, especially considering the price paid.
Totally agree and in all honesty they''re not bad at all. You''d never be able to price match that on the High Street.

In terms of a partial refund I honestly can''t remember as I''ve had a number of dealings with him. Put it this way, there''s no harm in trying!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''ve been corresponding with LOGR, and as I anticipated, they offered me a full refund (including return postage) if I return the ring. If I choose to keep it, they will refund $30. I hope no one thinks it poor taste for me to post this, but the total cost of the ring, including upgrades and sizing, was $590. I did not need any modifications for stone size, so I was able to avoid that $30 charge. Do you still think this is a good price?

I have to say, that even though I''m a little disappointed in the diamonds, he has been very responsive to my emails, and has promised that I wouldn''t be blocked even if I do return the ring (Lady Disdain''s thread had me nervous). Now I just need to decide what to do, but thanks for all your input everyone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d say keep it, take the $30 refund, there''s quite a lot of carat weight on the ring and its still good value for the money spent.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another who says to keep it. However, you do say that you''re disappointed with the diamonds so (a) can you get him to send you another with, hopefully, better diamonds - although I''ll be honest and say they really do look fine or (b) can you find another setting at the same price with diamonds you like elsewhere?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 3:16:46 PM

LovingDiamonds - interesting thought. Have you successfully negotiated a partial refund with LOGR before?

Chrono - lol, wow, thanks for taking the time to stare at my pics for a few minutes. I know they're not the best. I do think the WG might contribute to the greyness of the diamonds, but I've louped them, and they just don't return much light. I think asking LOGR to use well-cut diamonds will be much more difficult.

part gypsy - thanks for your input. Fish eyes are not good - hadn't noticed them before, but now I'll have to check again. And thanks for your nice comment on my RG ring.

fierypyropixy - thank you for commenting. It's much harder for me to judge smaller diamonds like these too. I think I'm like you - I'm not looking for a specific grade in the melee, I just want them white and sparkly.

mariedtiger - You've got quite a colored stone collection going yourself, so you've got nothing to be envious about!! Thanks for your opinions about the rings!

LTP - Aww heck, Lauren, that's really sweet of you. I swear I spent a good half-hour last night looking at all your photos in the gallery. I think I need more pics of that oval setting with the red stone (can't remember what it was, sorry
41.gif
) I'm especially interested in the profile. Was that an LOGR setting too? I missed it's debut - maybe I can find a thread somewhere...
Based on the statement above, I would return it. I have some LOGR's with SI diamonds, and in white gold, and they still return light. Notice all of LTP's do as well. I think he knows better than to give PS'ers bad diamonds!!

I suspect they might have messed up and gave you SI diamonds, in which case I would return it because the upgrade is a significant amount of the purchase price. A $30 refund isn't going to cut it. I have LOGR VS diamonds in white gold, and they sparkle like crazy. The next time you buy a ring from him, he'll remember you, and will try to make the ring with better quality diamonds. That's my feeling with him.

I would do that, or have him remake the ring, but he might not do that. It would be like admitting he didn't give you VS diamonds in the first place.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 9:37:09 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Based on the statement above, I would return it. I have some LOGR''s with SI diamonds, and in white gold, and they still return light. Notice all of LTP''s do as well. I think he knows better than to give PS''ers bad diamonds!!

I suspect they might have messed up and gave you SI diamonds, in which case I would return it because the upgrade is a significant amount of the purchase price. A $30 refund isn''t going to cut it. I have LOGR VS diamonds in white gold, and they sparkle like crazy. The next time you buy a ring from him, he''ll remember you, and will try to make the ring with better quality diamonds. That''s my feeling with him.

I would do that, or have him remake the ring, but he might not do that. It would be like admitting he didn''t give you VS diamonds in the first place.
Thanks for your input, tourmaline lover. I feel so lucky to have all you PS people. Even my DH, who is a very patient and indulgent with me, would probably roll his eyes if I were to ask him all the questions I ask here!

I have been emailing with him, and I did ask him if "perhaps someone made a mistake, and set I,SI diamonds instead." My final email asked him if I could have another ring made (I would pay the same price for it) with an emphasis on white, well-cut diamonds, and once I had a chance to compare the two, I would just keep the one I like and return the other one. I haven''t heard back from him about this yet, but I''ve found that if I send him a PITA email, he''ll take a day or two longer to answer. There are a couple of other settings I could go with if this doesn''t pan out, and with the 30 day return policy, I could possibly get them before having to return this one. And he does know who I am already - I''d emailed him the link to my morganite thread, and he responded.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
There''s another auction for the exact same ring that ends in a day. Would it be bad for me to hedge my bets and try to win this one? That way I could compare the two (hopefully one will be much better), and return the one I didn''t like. What do you think?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2009 2:27:31 PM
There''s another auction for the exact same ring that ends in a day. Would it be bad for me to hedge my bets and try to win this one? That way I could compare the two (hopefully one will be much better), and return the one I didn''t like. What do you think?
I really think he did screw up and give you SI diamonds. Have you seen the up close pictures of my two split shank rings, and my 8x8 cushion legacyesque LOGR''s. The upgraded diamonds on them are very high quality and full cut, and they are not teeny tiny stones. They also sparkle like crazy. The first day I bought them, I wore them around the house without stones in them. That''s how pretty they are. I would see if he can remake the ring. I think that''s a fair thing to ask.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Well GRRRRR!! I''ve already sent him 2 emails asking about remaking the ring (I''ve offered to pay up front for the second one), but haven''t gotten a response. I figured that once the second one gets here I can compare the two, because I think having I-colored diamonds is unacceptable, especially since we discussed the diamond issue before I upgraded. I''m not sure how Stephan is linked to a factory in China, but since he''s in MA, he''s can''t be directly responsible for the bad diamonds. I just now sent a message through eBay - I know he''s getting those because I made a best offer last night and it was accepted. Okay, just wanted to vent a little.
7.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am in
30.gif
love
30.gif
with your rose gold halo setting! Do you have a link to it? I can''t seem to find it when I was just looking at LOGR.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:27:13 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
I am in
30.gif
love
30.gif
with your rose gold halo setting! Do you have a link to it? I can''t seem to find it when I was just looking at LOGR.
It''s this one! It''s for a 10mm cushion, but i had it modified for my 8.5mm stone. I just asked him to make it in rose gold instead of white gold.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/7/2009 2:48:13 PM

I am in
30.gif
love
30.gif
It''s this one! It''s for a 10mm cushion, but i had it modified for my 8.5mm stone. I just asked him to make it in rose gold instead of white gold.

Wow! Yours looks so good compared to that stock picture hehe.
Did yours come with that diamond-shape metal at the bottom of the gallery in that ebay photo? I guess I would be fearful it would show through the stone? But it doesn''t seem to in your pictures with the Rose gold setting. Do you see it in yours?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 3:06:37 PM

Date: 7/7/2009 2:48:13 PM

I am in
30.gif
love
30.gif

Wow! Yours looks so good compared to that stock picture hehe.
Did yours come with that diamond-shape metal at the bottom of the gallery in that ebay photo? I guess I would be fearful it would show through the stone? But it doesn''t seem to in your pictures with the Rose gold setting. Do you see it in yours?
Thanks for the compliment, LamborghiniGirl! Yes, my setting has that diamond-shaped underplate, and I actually really like it. It makes the ring a little more comfortable when sliding it on and off. Some underplates can be really decorative too, and I think it generally makes the ring look more "finished."

underplate1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And i can''t see the underplate through the stone at all, but that''s probably due to the excellent cutting. If your stone had a window, you might be able to see it.

underplate3.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 3:16:46 PM

Chrono - lol, wow, thanks for taking the time to stare at my pics for a few minutes. I know they''re not the best. I do think the WG might contribute to the greyness of the diamonds, but I''ve louped them, and they just don''t return much light. I think asking LOGR to use well-cut diamonds will be much more difficult.

part gypsy - thanks for your input. Fish eyes are not good - hadn''t noticed them before, but now I''ll have to check again. And thanks for your nice comment on my RG ring.

fierypyropixy - thank you for commenting. It''s much harder for me to judge smaller diamonds like these too. I think I''m like you - I''m not looking for a specific grade in the melee, I just want them white and sparkly.

mariedtiger - You''ve got quite a colored stone collection going yourself, so you''ve got nothing to be envious about!! Thanks for your opinions about the rings!

LTP - Aww heck, Lauren, that''s really sweet of you. I swear I spent a good half-hour last night looking at all your photos in the gallery. I think I need more pics of that oval setting with the red stone (can''t remember what it was, sorry
41.gif
) I''m especially interested in the profile. Was that an LOGR setting too? I missed it''s debut - maybe I can find a thread somewhere...
Awww, thanks, Cellantini!

This is an LOGR setting, and it''s actually really inexpensive! Here''s the link to the first thread on it! I don''t have any pics of the profile, but it''s fairly low, and just has NSEW wires under the halo. I can wear it flush with a wedding band, too!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-dan-stair-pink-tourmaline-in-a-logr-oval-setting.101552/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results