shape
carat
color
clarity

Which upgraded LOGR diamonds look better? Or do they look the same?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I got my second LOGR setting today, and would like some opinions on the diamonds compared to my first setting - I upgraded both. There are 5 pics, and I know it''s hard to judge from a photo, and it''s even more difficult because one''s in rose gold. I''ll tell you what I think, and what my jeweler thinks at the end of the pics.

Okay, pic #1:

logr comp1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Pic 2:

logr comp2a.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
#4:

logr comp4.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Last one:

logr comp5.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
too me they look the same, but then I look at the rose gold and it looks whiter, but maybe my screen is playing tricks on me.
33.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so the round setting is nicely made, weighty (not a lightweight, flimsy piece), and the polished shank has a slight knife edge, which I think is a nice touch. The diamonds, however, are not as bright as my first piece, but it''s a very subtle difference. When I louped them, they did not have carbon inclusions like my rose gold one, but they just look a little grey and dull. My trusted jeweler thinks the new setting has I color diamonds, and the rose gold setting has G-H color melee. DH took the good camera to Thailand with him, so I had to borrow my SIL''s, which doesn''t take as good macro shots. I''m interested in hearing what you guys think. I''ll email the seller, but I''m doubtful that I''ll get better stones - he''ll just offer me a refund and leave it at that.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
The diamonds in the new setting look really good in pics# 1 & 4,

It looks like a Nice setting!
If you didn''t have the other setting to compare it to--- would you like the diamonds?

well--- you can always toss it over to me if you don''t care for it... I guesss I could find Something to do with it??
31.gif
2.gif

p.s--
any chance for a pic with the stone popped in ?
12.gif

tag--your it!
35.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I like the diamonds in the rose gold a little bit better, but I really do think that both settings are very pretty.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I really prefer your rose gold setting as well but that wasn''t the real question. I don''t see much of a difference in the diamond color but I''ve never been able to distinguish the differences in their color very well. Do you think part of the issue with the new setting might be that the white gold is making them appear greyish?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 4:28:54 PM
Author: blinkydoll
The diamonds in the new setting look really good in pics# 1 & 4,

It looks like a Nice setting!
If you didn''t have the other setting to compare it to--- would you like the diamonds?

well--- you can always toss it over to me if you don''t care for it... I guesss I could find Something to do with it??
31.gif
2.gif

p.s--
any chance for a pic with the stone popped in ?
12.gif

tag--your it!
35.gif
I have a hard time showing the quality difference - I think it would show up better with my usual camera. I send off an email - we''ll see what he says. Here are some pics, blinky!

Umba LOGR2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
another...

Umba LOGR1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 4:42:42 PM
Author: szh07
I like the diamonds in the rose gold a little bit better, but I really do think that both settings are very pretty.
Thanks for your input - I like the diamonds in the RG setting better too, despite the inclusions.
7.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
! regardless. Its still hecka gorgeous. Whats the stone on the far right? bright pink.. i''m in love with that vivid color there.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 4:55:55 PM
Author: brandy_z28
I really prefer your rose gold setting as well but that wasn''t the real question. I don''t see much of a difference in the diamond color but I''ve never been able to distinguish the differences in their color very well. Do you think part of the issue with the new setting might be that the white gold is making them appear greyish?
Thanks for your reply, brandy. Do you mean you just like the style of the cushion setting better than the round? I had thought of putting my umba in a cushion setting, but I just didn''t want to have 2 of the same settings, and there weren''t any others that I liked as well. And I too, had thought about the WG giving the diamonds a grey cast, it''s just hard to tell. But even when I loupe them, the diamonds are just duller.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 5:00:37 PM
Author: D&T
30.gif
! regardless. Its still hecka gorgeous. Whats the stone on the far right? bright pink.. i''m in love with that vivid color there.
Thanks D&T! That stone on the right is a pink sapphire that DH brought back from Sri Lanka several years ago. That settng used to be my ER, and had an oval diamond, but I switched to my current setting after the melee kept falling out. So now it''s just an occasional RHR.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...can''t quite put my finger on it but yes, if I were given the option of your rg setting or your new wg setting I''d take the rg. Maybe it just looks cleaner
33.gif
It appeals to me more.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 5:08:03 PM
Author: brandy_z28
Hmmm...can''t quite put my finger on it but yes, if I were given the option of your rg setting or your new wg setting I''d take the rg. Maybe it just looks cleaner
33.gif
It appeals to me more.
Maybe you prefer the look of a clean, single halo, with a thin shank - it''s one of my favorites, too. The WG setting has all kinds of busy diamonds on each side.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the diamonds in both settings are lovely, and don''t forget that the new round setting has two larger side diamonds, which cost more than smaller mellee. He doesn''t charge extra for that in the upgrade, so that''s nice. I also think the rose gold, because it is a darker background, might give the appearance of making the diamonds look whiter perhaps???

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the "cleaner" look of the RG setting, it''s streamlined. But I can''t see the diamond color difference between them.

LOVE the orange pendant you show in later photos. What is it?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Stone Hunter - maybe I should have just bought another one of the cushion settings, just in white gold, lol. The orange pendant is sapphire; glad you like it.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 9:40:49 PM
Author: cellentani
Thanks Stone Hunter - maybe I should have just bought another one of the cushion settings, just in white gold, lol. The orange pendant is sapphire; glad you like it.
I''m sorry that you weren''t as blown away by the setting as we''d all hoped. I think it does looks really good with your umba though. It doesn''t look greyish at all with the stone in it and seems to be really bright to me. I bet it''s a ball of fire in sunlight! Maybe you''ll like it more if you don''t have it next to the rg setting?

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Cellentani-- Your Umba looks really good in that setting!!
oh-- I love when your other jewelry makes an appearance in your new photos
36.gif

Do you think your going to go for it and get it set?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 12:51:19 AM
Author: blinkydoll
Cellentani-- Your Umba looks really good in that setting!!
oh-- I love when your other jewelry makes an appearance in your new photos
36.gif

Do you think your going to go for it and get it set?
Aww, thanks blinky! I''m still unsure about the setting - I know it looks good in the photos, but IRL I can definitely tell a difference. DH just emailed me from Bangkok, and said he doesn''t want me dissatisfied with the setting for my umbalite, lol. I heard back from LOGR, and he''s going to "investigate on this and get back to me." So I guess I''ll wait until I hear back. Can''t wait to see your new PINK sapphire bracelet!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is difficult because you''re comparing apples and oranges. The rose gold setting will make the diamonds look different to the white gold one. In all honesty, I can see a couple of diamonds in the rose gold setting that look included but I had to REALLY look! The diamonds in the white gold setting look very nice. At the end of the day, your decision should be based on how the ring performs. How does it compare to your other white gold rings - that would be a better comparitor?

The white gold may be making the diamonds look grey (and if they''re I coloured stones they''re white anyway), the fact that they have little or no inclusions is in their favour as well. Would you be able to buy another setting with those quality diamonds for the same or less $? One or two shades in colour difference isn''t really going to make a huge difference but the price difference will probably be in the size of the diamonds (as TL said) and the clarity. Also, don''t forget, when you get a centre stone, the focus will be on that, not the setting.

If you paid tons more for the upgrade then I would ask for a partial refund if you feel you haven''t got what you paid for. I certainly wouldn''t return it because it looks lovely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a slight preference for the diamond melees in the rose gold but wonder if maybe this might be due to the contrast of the rose gold which makes them stand out more. Other than that, I really can’t spot any difference even after staring at your pictures for a few minutes.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others for some reason the diamonds in the round setting bug me a little. they do look a little greyed out and I see some fish eyes.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ps I really like the rose gold setting, very pretty!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry, I can''t contribute to the topic question, b/c I''m horrible at judging diamond specifics (I just know I like them if they''re sparkly!). My thoughts are just about the same as Chrono''s, and I''ve given it several looks too. :) But of course I''m also learning how tough it can be to capture what you''re seeing IRL with a camera.

I love seeing more of the rose gold though, and I love the little collection ensemble!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
(Sigh of contentment) Cellentani, I love your collection. (another sigh) Wooooow. Feeling a bit of envy, always a good sign. So many gorgeous pieces.

But as to your question, I think in comparison the diamonds in the white gold setting look a bit duller, but very little in these photos. But it is still really really nice I hope LOGR gets back to you after investigating as you are a really good customer to them.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results