shape
carat
color
clarity

which setting for my 1ct I color?

a03b

Rough_Rock
Hi all, i am considering a 1ct i vs2 ideal cut rock. What type of setting would be the best for such a diamond? Which setting would make the rock look bigger and sparklier? Thx (and i know this is subjective, just wanna get some expert opinions)

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
This is a touch question to answer. As you say, it's all a matter of taste. Here's my 2 cents:

Let me say straight off that I do not like halos and would never get one BUT a halo would definitely make the stone look bigger and sparklier (although with an I you'd have to be somewhat careful with colour, I suppose). This is a pretty self-evident answer which probably already occurred to you (and the millions with beautiful halos).

Another option is a lovely bezel, which adds some presence to the stone and a bit of finger coverage without the cost of a halo. It also creates a ring of a totally different flavour. I love bezels and am getting one myself so that's my vote!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, where are you buying it from?

What's the future owners style?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this is for someone else, it is always best to have an idea of what they like since they are the one who will wear it for a very long time. If you can't get that information, a simple solitaire can be best, and then you can tell the person you will go together to pick out a permanent setting.

a03b

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the answers. This is going to be an e-ring, surprise proposal so can't ask. But the owner is under 30.

Halos would be too much for a person that age i guess.

i'm actually torn btw 4-claw vs 6-claw. And also what are your thoughts on vintage styles (little stones on the sides)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halos are absolutely not too much for someone under 30. In my opinion that is the #1 style in young brides

Does she have a Pinterest?

What's her patronal style ? Vintage? Chic? Classic? Boo? Tomboy?
What does she do?
Hobbies?
What color metal does she wear in other jewel?
Does she wear other jewelry?
What kind of music does she listen to?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're not sure, would she be excited about being proposed to with the diamond in a simple solitaire, and then working together to create her dream setting?

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
a03b|1466514576|4046259 said:
Thanks all for the answers. This is going to be an e-ring, surprise proposal so can't ask. But the owner is under 30.

Halos would be too much for a person that age i guess.

i'm actually torn btw 4-claw vs 6-claw. And also what are your thoughts on vintage styles (little stones on the sides)

Hello,

Your questions - while wholly understandable and valid - may NOT lead to the ring that YOUR significant other would like. Everyone on the forum has opinions and there are no "wrong" styles of setting so long as the wearer loves it.

Do some research with sisters, mothers, friends, social media or maybe she has some magazines lying around with dog-eared corners.

If you really, really are not sure - a beautiful diamond in a simple solitaire, letting her know that you and she can pick the setting together is sometimes a great plan...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results