shape
carat
color
clarity

which one should i choose: micro-pave ritani vs. solitaire jaffe with side diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curtdawg

Rough_Rock
i am trying to decide on the best ring to propose with. it has come down to a solitaire micro-pave ring from ritani or a solitaire ring with 10 side diamonds from a. jaffe. my problem is that i live in vancouver, bc, canada, and there are no jewelers here that carry either of these lines. so i''m forced to decide between the 2 rings based on pictures and comments i have seen on the internet (this website has been great!). i know it''s difficult to compare these 2 rings because they are very different but any insight into the pro''s or con''s of either would be very helpful. my girlfriend''s finger size is a 4.5 and i''m looking to put a 1.0-ct diamond in it. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

first picture here is of the ritani ring:

ritaniring00.jpg

curtdawg

Rough_Rock
second picture is of the a. jaffe ring:

jaffering00.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the Ritani would be my choice. I actually had considered that setting myself so I''m bias but I love everything about it. I love the thin shanks and the pave on the basket of the Ritani is what makes it so special. Both designers are high quality though and either would be beautiful.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Signed Pieces / The Facets Collection make some settings pretty similar to the Jaffe ring, you might want to check out their Solo Settings. I find their pricing quite reasonable and perhaps even less expensive than many other vendors. I have not bought from them personally (but am thinking seriously about it right now). They have a good reputation here.

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/search.cfm?item_category=SMT

Anne

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both pretty, but I would choose the Ritani.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the Ritani for sure!! First off, it has a great reputation for being nice and thin to make the stone look HUGE AND still be sturdy. Second, I think it has a much prettier head on it, which makes for a great side view!

Good luck! They are both beautiful!

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Here is an IRL pic of the Ritani....I believe this belongs to a friend of Mara's... Personally, I've always loved the Ritani micropave setting.

This pic is of an RB but my friend has this setting with a princess and it looks great as well!!
9.gif

vivi%20bauble%20a.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I own the Jaffe ring and I have seen the Ritani line as well. They are both beautiful but they do have differences. The pic you posted of the Ritani ring looks like it is from Pearlman''s website. If you call Bill Pearlman and talk to him, he may be willing to mail you both rings so you can check them out. The only reason I am not positive is because you live in Canada. He definitely will mail people stuff in the US. He mailed me several rings to check out.

Good luck.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen both rings in person, and honestly, I preferred the Jaffe. I know that puts me in the minority, but the Ritani just doesn't do it for me. It's almost too skinny and the pave is almost too subtle. The Jaffe is classic and thin and looks amazing with other bands...it was one of my early favorite rings actually. I was thinking that it would be fun to stack other rings, like a sapphire or ruby band with it. The price seems so good on it too from what I've heard...I think Mara posted about that a while back, didn't she?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a big fan of the ritani ring. I have a 4.5 hand and have tried on the ritani ring and it''s gorgoues in person, very thin and delicate! Perfect on a smaller hand. In my opinion, I like it better than the a jaffe because the head is much prettier and the wedding band fits so nicely with the ritani ring.

curtdawg

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies, everyone. You are definitely helping me make a more informed decision. I am leaning towards the Ritani ring right now, however, more input is always welcome. Thanks again!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I have larger hands and I would go with the jaffe just because well I like to see something when I look at my hands. If your GF has small fingers then the ritani is the way to go, otherwise I say jaffe :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both lovely rings, my vote goes to the Ritani .

lost in new york

Rough_Rock
Absolutely the Jaffe!!

(But either way, your girlfriend is a lucky lady!
36.gif
)

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Ritani setting and I love it. I get a ton of compliments on it, too. I''ve only had it 4.5 months, but so far no problems of any kind with it. I have a size 5 finger and a 1.5 carat stone. I''ve never seen the Jaffe setting in person, but I don''t like the head and I don''t like the square bottom of the shank. I actually picked the Ritani setting sight-unseen (just the pictures available) but I wouldn''t trade it for anything I''ve seen since!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like the Ritani better, but just to help some more, here is a pic of the A. Jaffe set (with a 1.33 ct. rb)...
HTH!!!
2.gif

A. Jaffe Set

AJaffe00133.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Difficult decision - can''t go wrong with either one. I would eek out the Ritani slightly ahead personally.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
they are both really really beautiful rings. You cannot go wrong. If you got the Ritani you might consider getting it slightly bigger and have sizing beads put in. This way the beads could be removed if her hands ever got bigger. My hands get bigger and smaller with weight change of even 5 pounds. Most women''s hands get bigger over the course of their lives. Thats the only real drawback to the ritani or any full eternity band in my opinion - VERY VERY difficult to size it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
At first I thought definitely the Ritani. Then I looked at the A. Jaffe again and said, no, that''s the one. But I''m extremely indecisive. I''m gonna go with saying that they''re both beautiful. Can''t go wrong with either one.
9.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
They are both gorgeous - you won''t go wrong with either one! I prefer the Ritani - love the side view of the pave basket! It''s very detailed and interesting and gives a little bling from the side. With the narrow shank and the beautiful basket setting, I feel the center stone would be staged beautifully.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Ritani.... I''m actually considering it strongly for my re-set...I just love it. It just has a subtle sparkliness that is so beautiful, and the pave basket is gorgeous!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
The Ritani is amazing. I much prefer the basket of the Ritani to the prongs of the Jaffe. I think that the Ritani would make the most of a 1ct stone because the shank is so dainty.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Not to mix things up anymore, but if you're torn between the Ritani and the A. Jaffe, Slammie's ring is a good mix of the two designs...it has the beautiful Ritani head and the A. Jaffe-type shank. You might consider getting WF or another PS recommended custom jeweler to make it for you. I'm pretty sure WF ships to Canada...? Maybe someone else can chime in on this one, but I'm pretty sure I remember a few Canadian members ordering from WF.

Here is Slammie's ring...

topperside0.JPG

topperside1.JPG

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
I love that combo! I was leaning toward the Jaffe band but the Ritani Head and that is the perfect marrige of the two. I definately think the Ritani has the better side view, but I just dont love the band. I like the Jaffe band better - i just love fishtail pave.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Slammie''s ring!!! Every time I see it, I am floored.
30.gif

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
I vote for Sammie''s ring, then Ritani, then A. Jaffe. All are beautiful, so you can''t go wrong.
36.gif

FXTrader

Rough_Rock
I recommend a trip down to Seattle/Bellevue. EE Robbins has Ritani. Not sure about A. Jaffe. If you want a custom ring, you should at least talk to Ron Davidson in West Vancouver.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
I love the Ritani setting especially the pave basket...it is dainty and very delicate and would fit very well a 1 ct stone
2.gif

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
I keep looking at Slammie''s ring and I keep going
30.gif
!

You could even go for a half eternity to cut down on costs and avoid the sizing issue. Maybe take a look at the Vancouver jeweler recommended by FXTrader above...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 4:28:34 PM
Author: Bunnifer
I keep looking at Slammie''s ring and I keep going
30.gif
!

You could even go for a half eternity to cut down on costs and avoid the sizing issue. Maybe take a look at the Vancouver jeweler recommended by FXTrader above...

honestly, I wouldn''t go custom on anything without seeing these in person. I love slammie''s ring too but when I saw a fishtail ring in person I much prefered the beadset style of pave like the Ritani. Nothing wrong with custom when there aren''t any other options I''m just not a big fan when so many things can go wrong or expectations aren''t met. easier to see and know what you''re getting. strictly MY opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results