shape
carat
color
clarity

My Jaffe Set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
Here are somepics of my 3 ring Jaffe set in platinum. I just got it a couple of weeks ago. Previously my e-ring stone was set in a simple Tifffany style setting. I had an amethyst put into that setting and now can wear that as a RHR.

My centerstone is an RB, 1.33 carat I, I1. I love the set because it is so versatile. I can wear 1, 2, or 3 rings...

Best wishes to everyone. I love seeing all your rings and stories.

rmsa.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
another

rmsb.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
last ones. I am a terrible photographer compared to so many photos I have seen...but I hope you get the overall idea from these.

rmsc.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope! Your rings are stunning! Thanks for sharing them. Love those european shanks. All the best.

~kmom
35.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
They''re GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE THAT SET! Sooo pretty!

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Your rings look lovely. Well done!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Hello rms
35.gif

Your rings are stunning!
30.gif

Spectacular! Really, really pretty!!! And they look fab on your hand. WOW

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful set! I am always a fan of versatility -- if you wear only 1 or 2 rings on your left hand, do you think you''ll wear the extra bands on your right hand or just leave them in your jewelry box?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
your set is beautiful!! thanks for sharing!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tres chic! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 8:18:41 AM
Author: Cath
Beautiful set! I am always a fan of versatility -- if you wear only 1 or 2 rings on your left hand, do you think you''ll wear the extra bands on your right hand or just leave them in your jewelry box?
Thanks everyone...

Cath, I have another wedding band that I wear too. It was my mother''s band and I adore it. I believe it is 22 carat yellow gold (although no one can tell me for sure since the inscription is not legible), about 5 mm wide and very flat. So when I wear that one, I oftentimes wear my e-ring on my right hand.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow- I love your new setting and bands.
It looks perfect on your hand.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
your set is gorgeous! and way to go with an I1, wear it in good health, congrats
1.gif

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Hi Rita,

Just a couple of weeks ago i ordered an A.Jaffe ring, it''s still not back yet. I have a couple of questions for you. Did A.Jaffe set the stone for you or a different jeweler? The jeweler i am dealing with said, to wait and see what Jaffe says about whether they will set it or let the jeweler who is carrying the line do it. How long did it take for your set to be made? And last of all how comfortable is the square shank compared to the traditional round? Your rings look gorgeous!!! Congrats!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 11
6.gif
0:54 AM
Author: dtexan
Hi Rita,

Just a couple of weeks ago i ordered an A.Jaffe ring, it''s still not back yet. I have a couple of questions for you. Did A.Jaffe set the stone for you or a different jeweler? The jeweler i am dealing with said, to wait and see what Jaffe says about whether they will set it or let the jeweler who is carrying the line do it. How long did it take for your set to be made? And last of all how comfortable is the square shank compared to the traditional round? Your rings look gorgeous!!! Congrats!

Hi dtexan,
My local jeweler (who is a family member) through whom I ordered my rings set the diamond for me with no questions asked. But I highly doubt that my case was anything different than the norm for their store. Is there any reason why your jeweler would be concerned about setting it? From what I see reading different stories, designers and stores seem to have various policies. I trust my local jeweler completely and once my ring came in, it took them just a day or 2 to set it.

How long did it take for my set to be made.......a LOOONNNGGG TIME, I don''t remember exactly but I would say about 10 or 12 weeks. It was right before the Christmas holiday, so that might have had an impact. But I wasn''t really in any rush so it didn''t bother me, and I figured it was worth the wait. But I was told it would only take about 3 or 4 weeks
5.gif
The way I look at it, it can only mean that their product is in reasonably high demand, which I consider a positive thing. This is the short version of my story. you can PM me if you want the long version.

I love the square shank. It is very comfortable, and I don''t really feel any difference compared to the round shank.

I can''t wait to see yours. Which style it it?!?!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Love your rings!
36.gif

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Hi Rita,

Thanks for the response. Well the jeweler personally had no problem in setting it once it comes back but he said in some instances they require the stone to be sent and usually the designer makes the decision. I''m not quite sure what determines that decision :)

Eeeeeks@12 weeks. I was also given the 3-4 week time reference. I''m hoping it''s not far from that time frame. I ordered a ring very similar to yours but i was told it was a new one that''s been in the store only a few weeks hence it''s not on the website either. It has the pave look with 5 diamonds on each side and the only difference i see is the prong style is more like a tulip from the side view and there''s also 2 surprise diamonds, one on each side. That''s about the main difference. Isn''t that miniscule diamond on the signature sooo cute? I had to look through a magnifying glass for a close up of that one :) I''ll definitely post pictures when it''s ready!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great!! I love them on your hand and that center stone looks huge thanks to the thinness of the band!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love the small diamonds, with the large center stone.....it takes center stage, and puts the focus on the center stone. Just like a shooting star, the tail trail is fascinating, but the glowing fireball is what is awed and noticed! Gorgeous Set!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Very very nice!! I like the square shaped shank as well. It seems so comfortable for everyday wear. And the versatilityof three bands is a nice touch.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
Hey RMS - beautiful settings! I am actually in negotiations with my jeweler right now on this same setting - trying to get a decent price.

Can I ask if you know what color clarity you went with on the melee? apparently a. jaffe offers different levels so I am curious what you went with.

Also my jeweler keeps telling me she wants to bond two bands together, which I don''t want... I like them separate. I would think the square bottom would keep them from spinning... You aren''t having any issue with them moving around are you?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OMG--I so
emlove.gif
mixing/matching/stacking-this set is fabulous!
emteeth.gif
Really beautiful and fun.
emthup.gif
Congrats!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the set!!! So much versatility, no matter how you wear them--and SO pretty!!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everybody for the compliments. With so many gorgeous rings out there, it is so hard to know what to go with and I literally obsessed for soooo long before finally choosing. You all are such inspirations.

TL1, I understood that they used 2 quality types of sidestones, and supposedly called it A vs. B. I got the A, and they are G/H VS2 I believe. I think the B should be G/H VS1. The cost differences that I was quoted were not huge.

I would absolutely keep all the rings separate and not solder the 2 bands. Heck, that takes away some of the versatility of this set. But if you like the look of the 2 bands together, that would be a different story. I think I saw a Jaffe ring (and I am sure plenty of similar styles available elsewhere) that has 2 or 3 rows of the bead set diamonds to give that exact look if that is what you wanted. In fact, I know I saw it in an e-ring...not sure about a band.

As far as the spin factor, believe it or not my set is spinning a LOT right now even with the square shanks, but I tend to wear my rings on the looser side anyways. But it is winter here in the not so sunny Northwest, so I am going to wait it out ''til summertime and then see if they are loose then too. I just hate when they are tight. In the morning when I wake up, my hands seem more swollen and they are a lot more snug.

Why not touch bases with Bill Pearlman on his pricing?!!? His prices are the best I''ve seen.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I have a morganite and tanzanite ring that has a square shank. I really like the way it fits and have no problems with spinning at all. If I could have gotten my e-ring with a square shank I would have done so, but it was not an option.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are stunning! I''m so glad to see "real life" pictures of those. I have been admiring them for a long time.
1.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
thank you both! I am just trying to get an idea of what my ring is going to look like!

love2teach

Rough_Rock
RMS,
I love these rings! I''m going to go check them out......
They look great on you!
30.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is an old topic but I just love the three ring look.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results