shape
carat
color
clarity

which one should i choose: micro-pave ritani vs. solitaire jaffe with side diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niku414

Rough_Rock
Voting for Jaffe -- I have always love that setting :)

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear, they''re both nice, but if I had to choose I''d go for the Jaffe.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the head on the Ritani and I prefer bead set pave. But Slammie''s ring looks great if you''d prefer the fishtail pave. Depends on how much time you have and if you want to consider the hassle of going custom.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I completely agree about Slammie's ring - it is absolutely the best of both worlds.

I wouldn't hesitate to go custom in this situation, and that would be my first pick.

I much prefer the shank of the Jaffe, so if I had to choose only between the Ritani and the Jaffe, I'd choose the Jaffe.

BUT, I truly still think the bet option is to get the best of both (the gorgeous shank of the Jaffe and the beautiful head of the Ritani).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so having seen all three rings being discussed in person, here is my take.

ritani is my favorite, a.jaffe is second and slammie's ring is third.

slammie's ring style is not my favorite in person...this may sound really weird but the pictures of her ring look better than the ring does in person...we didn't actually see HER ring, but toppers in b'game who made her ring, showed us the stock piece he now keeps in the store. it just didn't do it for me at all. but her pictures, swoonable. it was kind of a let down in person, hers has a 2c stone so maybe that would make it better for me but the ring he showed us was anti-climactic. maybe because my expectations were so high or something.

my friend's ritani is just a flat out stunning ring. also hers is not eternity, it has a small sizing band on it...that is how it comes, stock. you can have them make it eternity but i don't think it comes that way, hers was the piece from the case and it had a sizing band. she actually had them take it down a size so now there is just a tiny bit of sizing band left, but it doesn't spin so you never see it. i think the w-ring IS eternity but you can probably ask for them to make it with a small sizing band as well.

the AJ rings in person are beautiful as well but i prefer the ritani. the AJ rings are more affordable i think, something like 1120 in platinum for each ring whereas ritani is i think 1800 in platinum or something like that? the AJ rings are what i might have wanted to get way back when there were not that many options AND they are so affordable, they are only 1/2 way rings though quite delicate looking in person. i would definitely change out the head though, i don't like their stock head at all, the ritani head is much more beautiful and fluid. if they can't change out the head, then definitely back to the ritani for me.

but really it comes down to preference! if you can, see both ring styles in person. that will probably tell you which one speaks to you (and her) more!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i like the jaffe. i am hard on settings. so i''d pick the most sturdy.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Like myself, your girlfriend has small fingers so I would totally vote for the Ritani. The super thin band looks lovely on a small finger and makes the stone look even bigger!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow mara, so interesting about slammie''s ring. You''re lucky you got to see one similar in person. When I had the michael b rings here I didn''t like his fishtail pave at all. Another reason that''s it''s so important to see things in person before buying if possible.

curtdawg, If you''re still watching this thread, I still vote for the Ritani
2.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
I vote for Ritani. Absolutely gorgeous! A lof of settings, including Tacori's, are somewhat disappointing when you look at them in person, but Ritani will not disappoint you. The setting looks so much better in person! I just bought a setting from Ritani and could not be happier. I have to say, though, that Jeffe is pretty nice too. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

I don't mean to confuse you, but may I also suggest Davidson & Licht's Amaria collection? ( http://www.davidsonandlicht.com/catalogue/rings/DL903_4_R2) I was deciding between Ritani's Endless Love and Davidson & Licht's Amaria, and boy was I confused... Good luck!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ritani! Much sleeker, so I think it would look better on her teensy finger!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 9:59:34 AM
Author: Bunnifer
Here is an IRL pic of the Ritani....I believe this belongs to a friend of Mara''s... Personally, I''ve always loved the Ritani micropave setting.

This pic is of an RB but my friend has this setting with a princess and it looks great as well!!
9.gif

vivi%20bauble%20a.jpg

I agree; this is gorgeous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results