shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one is the better value?

junhox212

Rough_Rock
Hi I am wondering which of the 2 is better in terms of value for earrings. I can either do 2 of Brian Gavin, .24 carat, f color, vs2 for $529

OR

Zoara .24 E color SI1 GIA triple ex, considered eye clean and hearts and arrows by Zoara for $344.

If i go with Brian Gavin's, pair of quarter carat earrings would cost around $1200 whereas a pair from Zoara's would cost around $900.

Here are the specs for Brian Gavin's:
Type Signature
Table % 55.5
ID AGS-104086353089
Depth % 61.1
Shape Round
Crown % 15.4
Report AGS - Ideal
Crown Angle 34.8
Carat 0.248
Star %: 55.0
Color F
Pav Angle: 40.9
Clarity VS2
Pavillion % 43.1
Measurements 4.06 X 4.08 X 2.49
Lower Girdle % 77.0
Lab Cut Grade Ideal
Culet Pointed
Light Performance Ideal
Fluorescence Negligible
Polish Ideal
Girdle Thin To Medium Faceted
Symmetry Ideal

Here are specs for Zoara's:
Diamond ShapeRound
Carat 0.24 ct.
Diamond Cut Excellent
Color E
Clarity SI1
Diamond Depth 61.8%
Diamond Table59%
Diamond PolishExcellent
Diamond Symmetry Excellent
GirdleMed-StK
CuletN
FluorescenceN
Diamond Measurements2.47x3.99x4
Rest of specs are available on this link:
http://pics.zoara.net/images/products/certificate/6442194_round_excellent_cut_e_si1_certificate.jpg

Is Brian Gavin's worth the $300 premium for a pair of earrings with total carat weight .5 carats? Do you think you can notice the sparkle with naked eye?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you going to.want to upgrade them down the line? What is Soars upgrade policy?
If you don't need an upgrade policy I'd call IDJ.

junhox212

Rough_Rock
No I will just buy her a different bigger one if she ever wanted a bigger one later down the line. We will not be upgrading. quarter carat looks like a good size on her ears. These will be set on 3 prong martini setting

What is IDJ?

Q

Queenie60

IDJ is ID Jewelry - contact Yekutiel and I am sure he can help you to find a nice pair of stud earrings. Good luck :wavey:

junhox212

Rough_Rock
Hello, does he just help people find good jewelry or will he play a middle man and it will cost me more if i go through him, than per say i buy directly from an online vendor?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IDJewelry is a full service jewelry store in New York with also an online presence. They know what pricescopers expect for cut quality and are really good at finding beautiful diamonds within budgets. Call or email them telling them what you've told us here - desired specs and budget and let them find you something beautiful. Tell them "pricescope quality" and if you want to post the specs here of what they offer, the seasoned experts can chime in on your options. You'll be in good hands.

http://idjewelry.com/idjewelry-contact-us/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results