carat
color
clarity

Which of the two Mahenges

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NKOTB|1315853880|3015902 said:
I think if you're not enamored with either, you're making the right decision. Part of the problem with this whole Mahenge thing is that it seems we are all seeking the perfect stone, or at least the best, and it may be that a lot of us can't find it within our budget, so we go through a lot of "second class" stones that are beautiful within their own rights but we may feel like we're settling because we haven't found "the one". My Mahenges may be included and/or not "top colour", but I absolutely love them and wouldn't care if they didn't meet anyone else's approval. When you've found a stone like that, then you'll know it's a keeper, Mahenge spinel or not. Sorry that this has been a frustrating enough experience for you that you are considering giving up on them altogether, though. :(
The irony is that I loved it 100% when I first got it, but then I started asking questions about it and now don't know. I'm my own worst enemy.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1315857244|3015940 said:
I think if you're not enamored with either, you're making the right decision. Part of the problem with this whole Mahenge thing is that it seems we are all seeking the perfect stone, or at least the best, and it may be that a lot of us can't find it within our budget, so we go through a lot of "second class" stones that are beautiful within their own rights but we may feel like we're settling because we haven't found "the one". My Mahenges may be included and/or not "top colour", but I absolutely love them and wouldn't care if they didn't meet anyone else's approval. When you've found a stone like that, then you'll know it's a keeper, Mahenge spinel or not. Sorry that this has been a frustrating enough experience for you that you are considering giving up on them altogether, though. :(
The irony is that I loved it 100% when I first got it, but then I started asking questions about it and now don't know. I'm my own worst enemy.

If you loved it totally then I suspect it wouldn't matter what anybody else thought - so do you think you may have had doubts before?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LovingDiamonds|1315858055|3015955 said:

If you loved it totally then I suspect it wouldn't matter what anybody else thought - so do you think you may have had doubts before?
I didn't have any doubts about it until the dude that made my ering made some remarks about it. I know he's not a CS expert, but it started that freaking nagging buzz that I get in the back of my brain. Big jerk. ;-)

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1315858055|3015955 said:

8-)
Athena, I think that LD expresses perfectly what I feel when I have a stone I love.
I love Marilyn with all my heart, and that is the total end of discussion...
I feel the same about my Emeralds that I love, and my other Spinels.
Just FYI, since you asked, I think you are doing the right thing.
Plus, maybe keep looking ?
The right Spinel FOR YOU will pop up sooner or later....

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Athenaworth, I so feel your frustration :errrr:
I had a very tough time during my search for a Mahenge as you well know. You must go with your gut feelings regardless of what others think. I know in my recent purchase I felt so agonized with every stone I looked at but when the "one" came along I was taken by it :loopy:

Good luck and keep your eyes and heart open!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that you will find your Mahenge. And it is good that you are not settling for a second-hand stone. Your photography skills are pretty good, though, and it is sad to see that these stones are so misrepresented on all websites.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry they didn't work out. :( I wouldn't give up hope tho. Keep looking! (or divert your energy to tsavs...)

MieleMelograno

Rough_Rock
There are so many times when we compromise for our budgets. When it comes down to it you will usually be much happier if you wait and save up for the better stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results