shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Grades what tougher....GIA...AGS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plippens

Rough_Rock
Which is more strict on the following:

Color?

Clarity?

GIA or AGS?

The reason I ask is this...when comparing two diamonds, one certified through GIA as an H for example, would that equal say maybe a G if it would have been certified through AGS?

Thanks...

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We find both laboratories to be equally consistent, they seem to strive to be reasonable in their grading practices. This is not to say that you might not get a different grade on a diamond when sending it to one laboratory or the other, but that the difference would not be found to be more likely at one laboratory over the other. There''s a study here on PS somewhere where a series of diamonds were sent to the various laboratories for comparative grading. Perhaps Leonid will be able to steer you towards it we don''t remember where it is...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2004 1
6.gif
6.gif
9 AM
Author:plippens
Which is more strict on the following:

Color?

Clarity?

GIA or AGS?

The reason I ask is this...when comparing two diamonds, one certified through GIA as an H for example, would that equal say maybe a G if it would have been certified through AGS?

Thanks...
plippens
some say GIA is more strict on color and AGS is more strict on clarity ? i have RB stones cert by AGS 1.15 ct I VS2...GIA 3.34ct H SI1... .72ct G VS2 EGL- USA

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just to avoid a few urban myths, read this and you can compare the results for 16 or 17 stones and while you are there learn about the pricing differences for those same stones.

What is interesting is that what the stone is graded is less important than who grades it.
http://grading.pricescope.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results