shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Earrings with Pearl Strand?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So do you wear pearl studs or pearl dangles with your strand(s)?

Or some other type of earring? Can I wear gold hoops with golden pearls? Or silver with black pearls?

If I wear pearl earrings and necklace, is it too matchy-matchy?

Do you match the pearl earrings to your strand, or use a different pearl color? Black strand and white pearl earring okay?

I'm interested to know what is the general consensus, since I don't want to leave the house looking like a tacky mess . . . :o

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I love pearls with either diamond studs or hoops of any kind. I usually let the occasion dictate which.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like to wear coordinating pearl studs with my strands. But I sort of dig the matchy-matchy thing.

Although on occasion I will wear my diamond studs in their diamond jackets instead. Not usually though.

Anne

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I wear both - and love both. I'll be posting pics soon of the blue dangles I have to go with my natural blue akoya strand. I also have studs, but I haven't worn them since I received the dangles. I tend to wear studs with my natural white akoyas.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This great info, ladies. Thanks for the pic, Bean!

I usually wear studs that match the strand, but I'm just not feeling it lately. I want to branch out, so this is very helpful. I think I'm going to look into some dangles and it's a relief to know I can wear my hoops, too.

Is mixing pearl colors too weird? Like tahitian earrings with a white strand?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oddly, i find that those particular earrings look better with the tahitian strand of pearls.

MoZo

ps it was certainly a creative way to get around a problem: and i like the size of that lower white southseas pearl!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I have 3 nice pearl pieces - a vintage mikimoto strand, a vintage mikimoto pearl and white gold bracelet, and pearl studs. I'm not a matchy-matchy person so I usually wear diamond earrings with the necklace, but I'll wear the pearl studs and bracelet together. Completely personal preference though.

movie zombie said:
oddly, i find that those particular earrings look better with the tahitian strand of pearls.

MoZo

ps it was certainly a creative way to get around a problem: and i like the size of that lower white southseas pearl!

I agree. But, if she did it the other way around- white pearl on top, tahitian dangle, and then a white necklace, I think that would look cool.. as long as whatever color strand you are wearing, the coordinating color stud is worn with different dangles.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I don't wear them (pearl earrings and strand) together. My boss does, and I think it makes her look more matronly.
Another reason is that none of my pearls and earrings are a perfect match.
I think the suite look would be nice for a bride, especially if it was broken up a bit by the earrings being drops, with a gemstone or something.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
bean said:
movie zombie said:

MoZo

I agree. But, if she did it the other way around- white pearl on top, tahitian dangle, and then a white necklace, I think that would look cool.. as long as whatever color strand you are wearing, the coordinating color stud is worn with different dangles.

agree!

MoZo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results