shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond to choose?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz, before you read, I promise I am not intentionally picking on your selections here. I understand with JA, you are working blind on the lab reports. But I went ahead and reached out to JA on behalf of the OP to help speed up the process for him/her.

This is the stone I mentioned earlier that has strong blue fluor. Very doubtful the OP is a buyer for that fact alone. Also, I still don't like the 2 translucent arrows previously noted.

Alas, looking at IS image, there is some minor leakage. Using the pink in the table reflection (yellow circle) to the leakage ring (blue donut) you can filter out "noise" vs true leakage. So you are looking for areas that are lighter pink or more white than in the table reflection. Much of it goes away when you filter it that way. But a few spots still exist. Again, minor.

205fvvs1.jpeg

205hearts.png

205is.png

Inked205is_LI.jpg

Potential big fire with 35.5/40.6. Depends on actuals of the pavilion. Lab report shows pavilion depth at 42.5% instead of 43%. Actual precise measurement is 42.8% when you convert, so something in the actuals dragged it down to 42.5%. If any of the actuals hit 40.45 or less than some obstruction will start occurring. The longer 80 LGF's will help offset it a bit.

More discerning are the black crystals on the edge of the table & star facet (approx 5 o'clock position in the static image). Granted, these are super magnified. Most, but not all VS2's, can be expected to be eye clean. I'd want someone to verify this one given the dark color and location. Also, while the feathers aren't the grade setting inclusions, there are quite a few of them. I personally don't care for this stone because of the inclusions.

220evs2.jpeg
Capture220.PNG

Here is the lab report on the last one. Same 35.5/40.6 but with a 43% pavilion depth. LGF's are 75 and look fairly chunky for a 57 table. Guessing on the lower side of the 73-77 actual range. I like that, but that is a personal preference. As you rotate the stone, you can see how it creates some additional darkness that others may not like or appreciate.

Here is my rub with the last one. Something is off with the symmetry. Perhaps the stone was tilted? You can see shorter arrow shafts on one side of the stone compared to the other. Also, when I do a rough check, you can see how things aren't lining up. Even the ones I didn't mark had minor misalignments.

221fvs1.jpeg

Capture-ja.PNG

Capture-ja2.PNG

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz, before you read, I promise I am not intentionally picking on your selections here. I understand with JA, you are working blind on the lab reports. But I went ahead and reached out to JA on behalf of the OP to help speed up the process for him/her.

You're all good, Sledge!
That's exactly what I was doing: working blind by running off of pure guesswork based on a few website pictures of what appeared to be potentially acceptable.

Thanks for getting those reports and giving feedback and confirmation of which may or may not be worthwhile of further consideration.

Figured the more diamonds there were to choose from, the better the odds of landing an absolute winner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results