• Costco

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • WF

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After reading about the Costco earring I couldn't resist checking out the earring at Costco today. I didn't get to put them on but I did get to put them next to my ear, and I think they size is pretty awesome, so is the price.

upload_2019-8-30_14-12-39.png

BUT, I 've had these WF earrings on my list for over a year (that is very long due to my poor impulse control...)
upload_2019-8-30_14-14-42.png

I am very tempted to get the Costco ones to "scratch the itch" I may just be happy with them...
here's what's holding me back:
  • I've wanted to check out the ACAs, (although these are pretty small not sure if makes that big of difference)
  • the full hoop and inside out aesthetic is important to me, even though visually it's not that different in person. (mind thing I think).
lastly if the Costco ones don't do it for me, what can I expect to sell them for on LT?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the Costco earrings returnable?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think so, as Costco has a pretty excellent return policy from what I hear.

So why not try them and see whether you’re happy? If not and you’re still lusting after the WF inside out hoops, return the Costco earrings.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer the WF hoops because I prefer the closure on those and that is a big deal to me. I don't do well with posts and separate backings because I am klutzy and uncoordinated. So a snap closure is more of a snap for me haha.

Having said that if the closure doesn't bother you I would get the Costco hoops and see them in person to see what you think. It can be hit or miss with Costco and you might luck out. Lots of people love their Costco bling.

I think so, as Costco has a pretty excellent return policy from what I hear.

Yes they do have a great return policy but just confirm to be sure.

Of course you also cannot go wrong with WF but it is considerably pricier. Though it is most likely worth it. I know I am no help, sorry. Good luck with your choice. :appl:

ETA: I voted WF because of the earring closure issue and also the fact that I am sure they are sparkly and beautiful in real life. But again the Costco hoops might be worth a look at before you decide for sure.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought and returned Costco hoops. Too much metal for my taste.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can always check out the Costco earrings. I, for one, really dislike "J" shaped earrings. I'd much prefer full hoop earrings. I think you
should look at Costco earrings that are full hoops (not necessarily all diamonds but at least metal) and not partial hoops.

WF would be my first choice :) if money isnt an option.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You can always check out the Costco earrings. I, for one, really dislike "J" shaped earrings. I'd much prefer full hoop earrings. I think you
should look at Costco earrings that are full hoops (not necessarily all diamonds but at least metal) and not partial hoops.

WF would be my first choice :) if money isnt an option.
The J shape is part of my worry. I didn’t get to put these on at the store but was able to hold it against my ears. So I couldn’t really turn and see how the J looks from different angles. The full hoop style they only had larger diamond size, and those are too much for everyday wear for me.

Does any one have these WF earrings?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the PSers that I know that have WF earrings have larger ctw earrings. I think the ones you are looking at are a nice size for every day.

I wonder if they could provide you with any pictures from a further viewing distance? You could ask. I don't know if they keep them in stock.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Most of the PSers that I know that have WF earrings have larger ctw earrings. I think the ones you are looking at are a nice size for every day.

I wonder if they could provide you with any pictures from a further viewing distance? You could ask. I don't know if they keep them in stock.
I feel pretty good about the sizes of the stone/width of the hoop, the Costco ones are very similar in size compare to the WF from a straight on view at least according to web description. I think I should probably find out if the WF ones are stock just too peace of mind on the full hoop/inside outside look.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
did you get a different pair? If so which ones?
No never bought another pair. I felt like hoops dated me. Studs feel more carefree on me.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No never bought another pair. I felt like hoops dated me. Studs feel more carefree on me.
I love your new VCA! The perfect everyday pair. Do you feel like they will take place of your studs?

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am also contemplating on the mini Frivole if I don’t go with the hoops....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new VCA! The perfect everyday pair. Do you feel like they will take place of your studs?
They already did. I love them.

Just depends on the person. As much as I try to be I am not a hoops person. I can. Understand huggies if you’re wanting more bling effect. WF does amazing huggies.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also contemplating on the mini Frivole if I don’t go with the hoops....

Did you try them on? What do you think? They definitely have significant presence, and personally I would prefer them to huggies.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have not. Harder for me to make it to NM since I moved out of the East bay. I also need to see YG vs WG.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have not. Harder for me to make it to NM since I moved out of the East bay. I also need to see YG vs WG.
Yes definitely test them out. WG and YG have different vibe. I would email SA and ask them to bring them in for you before you go. Save you time.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont like inside out hoops bc I just want outside outside. Only my hair would appreciate the inside. These are large for me, but not as large as the masses like them nowadays.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-2-01ctw-hoops-2-85-ctw-ec-7-stone.226324/

I also have a 1.45 ctw 5 stone each hoop from Costco. They're a smaller huggie. Different look.

I have j style alternating sapphire and diamond hoops from Costco and I like them fine.

Hmm... maybe I'm not picky. Or a hoarder... but since you have a Costco membership, let's pick some out online for you to buy, try at home, and return to store.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean your hoops look amazing on you!
I didn’t see the 1ctw full hoop from Costco, I feel like I need to take advantage of the return policy and try those out :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the 1.45 Costco hoops and I love them. I also have a pair of minis that are channel set and about 36 points if I remember correctly. They don't have those any more but they were a great deal at about 300 bucks at the time. My studs are from Brian Gavin. They are about 44 points each. One was a signature stone and one was a recut. I can't tell them apart. More importantly, I can't tell the difference in sparkle from any of my Costco diamonds. While I wouldn't want that in an e-ring, I have no problem with it for a hoop earring. If the Whiteflash ones are returnable, I would order a pair and compare. You will always wonder if you don't, especially since they have been a wish list item for you for so long.

I am not a fan of the J hoop style personally. I would love to try the 1 carat pair though.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would go with Costco. For me Whiteflash should be for upgradable pieces or if you can afford it with no problem. The larger huggies I want are from Costco but I don’t know if they make them anymore as I too have had such poor impulse control while saving for them lol. When I buy my second pair of studs (I have 2 holes), it will be Whiteflash all the way!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results