shape
carat
color
clarity

Which ASET image is better?

Jubeelant

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Looking to purchase a princess-cut diamond and am kinda torn between these two options:

Diamond 1:
AGS-104106177005, 0.766, G, VS2
1a.PNG

Diamond 2:
GIA-2155960933, 0.81, E, VS2
1b.jpg

May I know which diamond shows a better ASET image? Also, are they considered to be great ASET images for princess cut diamonds or just average ASET images?

Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: I've no idea why the second diamond's ASET looks darker too. Please enlighten if you do!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look strong in terms of light performance - lots of red and green, mixed with blue for contrast is what you want to see.

If you have the stones on hold and the listings have videos (if they are online), please post a link because video can be useful in understanding how they work when in motion.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with @OoohShiny. Videos of the stone would be really useful at this point.
I think number 1 looks good and number 2 could also be nice but would like to verify with a video. I find some contrast in stones to be good but if its too
much contrast that might be off-putting.

Plus they look to be different flavors so it might come down to what the viewer would like the most to see.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Number 1 looks like the winner by an edge in my books but I’d want to see videos and images of both stones to double check. Number 2 has lots of contrast in the centre on a static face up view which could be different as the stone tilts and moves around.

Both ASETs are great though.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both pass the Aset test.
Move on to other considerations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results