• 2.5 I VVS2

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 2.6 H SI1

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The tint in my 2.9 K VS2 stone is unfortunately still bothering me and I've been looking at other ACA's. The WF lifetime upgrade policy is a blessing and a curse! Besides the slight tint, I love everything about my stone-- its size, chunky arrows and clarity with its tiny feather inclusions hidden under prongs.

Any thoughts about these options? WF is comparing the G and I VVS2 together. I'm not keen on paying for VVS2 clarity I can't see when I'm perfectly content with an eye clean SI stone but my lovely WF rep said the 2.5 I VVS2 was slightly whiter than the other I color stones. Or maybe I should just call it a day and go with the 2.6 H SI1? I'm not in a rush so if none of them blow me away, I can wait.

2.2 G SI1 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4187472.htm -Smaller but WF says it's bright white and who wouldn't be happy with a 2.2 G ACA? WF says the inclusions in the table look clean in person.
2.584 I VVS2 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4212262.htm
2.638 H SI1 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4130454.htm

I'm also thinking heirloom quality because if this becomes my last upgrade, I would like to have an amazing stone to pass down to the kids!

The diamond will be set in an 18k rose gold solitaire with platinum prongs. Swoon!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I think the H is the best choice. It’s the biggest and you’re already giving up size. I’d much rather a higher color than higher clarity.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I need to ask WF if the flashes on the H are splintery due to the 78 lower girdle. And also if the crystal in the middle of the table is visible upon close inspection.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I need to ask WF if the flashes on the H are splintery due to the 78 lower girdle. And also if the crystal in the middle of the table is visible upon close inspection.

Oh hmmm. Do you think that will bother you? Have you ever had a color higher than a K or was this your original ring?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh hmmm. Do you think that will bother you? Have you ever had a color higher than a K or was this your original ring?

I'm not sure. I originally had an H (which was great), and then an I (which was fine).

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I’m waiting on my WF ES to ship. I’m moving from a 1.8 H to a 2.38 I. Hoping the color won’t bug me as this new stone will have a much better cut— but I can imagine how the upgrade option will be tempting even though at this point I can’t imagine using it. You never know!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I upgraded from an 1.6 H to an ACA 2.3 I and the color was a non-issue. I think you will love your new stone!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The H options all have 78% lower girdles!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 2.584 I VVS2, there actually doesn’t seem to be much of a premium for the clarity, it is a beautiful stone and it measures larger than the H. I am not a fan of the inclusions in the H and it’s more expensive, so for me, the H is out.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are solid indeed! My original e-ring (not an ACA) had 78 LG and its sparkles were more splintery. My current ACA has 76 LG and has fatter arrows. In person these differences are very small if even noticeable. As you probably know, Whiteflash has amazing customer service. They will give you honest feedback and look for a stone based on your preferences. I trust them more than any brick and mortar I've visited.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted 2.584 I VVS2, there actually doesn’t seem to be much of a premium for the clarity, it is a beautiful stone and it measures larger than the H. I am not a fan of the inclusions in the H and it’s more expensive, so for me, the H is out.

Hi, Simone! :)

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
They are solid indeed! My original e-ring (not an ACA) had 78 LG and its sparkles were more splintery. My current ACA has 76 LG and has fatter arrows. In person these differences are very small if even noticeable. As you probably know, Whiteflash has amazing customer service. They will give you honest feedback and look for a stone based on your preferences. I trust them more than any brick and mortar I've visited.

Gotcha. Have you asked them to take photos or videos side by side?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Can I see the stone you're waiting for? I'm excited for you!

Sure!

I hope it’s okay!! They said it was a rare find to have it be totally eye clean and that it just missed ACA due to a less than symmetrical heart or something like that. I’m nervous!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sure!

I hope it’s okay!! They said it was a rare find to have it be totally eye clean and that it just missed ACA due to a less than symmetrical heart or something like that. I’m nervous!

Are you kidding? It's gorgeous! How exciting. How will you set it?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d go with the 2.63 H SI1 or the 2.58 I!

I would rule out the 2.2 ct as I believe you will find it to be too small.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Y
Are you kidding? It's gorgeous! How exciting. How will you set it?

you think?! I don’t know if I even ran it though HCA because I was like WF ES— I’m sure it’s fine— and of course I consulted here on PS.

I’m having it set in this setting in white gold. I went back and forth on yellow gold and white. I love both. My old ring was platinum— but I actually loved the way my husbands white gold band aged better than my platinum. I absolutely love the look of this setting. It’s exactly what I was looking for and I can’t believe the price point is so much less than others!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
In a sense, you are comparing apples and oranges. If you are ok with SI1, why pay for VVS2? If you are ok with I color, why pay for G? That seems to be an overkill. I am a G/VS1 type of a gal and my diamonds must be white and clean but I still would not pay for VVS2 (I'd rather spend money on a size instead.)

I could earn a Ph.D. in Whiteflash ACA by now because I have been looking at their diamonds for months (just very recently have purchased one) and was almost going cross-eyed from looking. Anyway, if you are ok with SI1 (Whiteflash guarantees all of their SI1 to be eye clean), then why overpay? You are already used to a certain size, going smaller might not be an easy adjustment (if you would ever adjust - as I know I would not.)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a sense, you are comparing apples and oranges. If you are ok with SI1, why pay for VVS2? If you are ok with I color, why pay for G? That seems to be an overkill. I am a G/VS1 type of a gal and my diamonds must be white and clean but I still would not pay for VVS2 (I'd rather spend money on a size instead.)

Agree, but sometimes market availability determines this more than our own personal preference.

See screen cap below, and quick math.
  • I VS2 = $27,038 / 2.593 carats = $10,427 per carat
  • I VS2 = $27,287 / 2.517 carats = $10,841 per carat
  • I VVS2 = $27,124 / 2.584 carats = $10,496 per carat
I'd take the VVS2 clarity all day long for $70/carat premium. That's less than $200 premium. Plus, look at the difference in the still photos.

2.593 I VS2
1582785466983.png

2.517 I VS2
1582785503201.png

2.584 I VVS2
1582785524959.png

CaptureIcomp.PNG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Might be a stretch on budget, but would either of these work dollar wise?

And holy firecrackers....55.1 table, 34.5/40.7 and 77 LGF's. But because of the smaller table, notice how the arrows look a little more chunky? Still image looks very white for a J. Might be worth having WF compare this one against the I VVS2 stone.

If this one works, you get to stay at 2.90 carats. ;)2

1582786367712.png

This J look promising as well, and would help you break the 3 carat barrier. A few thousand more, in case you need stay around $27k+ because of trade value.

Honestly, I'd probably have WF pull both these J's and compare against that I VVS2 to see how they fair on color. Also, this one has some minor haze in the magnified video. Probably not an issue IRL to the naked eye, but I'd want them to confirm no issues. Also, make sure the feathers don't become a problem as you rotate/tilt the stone around.

1582786537344.png

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the suggestions, sledge! Really appreciate the feedback.

FYI my current stone has a 55.1 table, 34.2/40.7 and 76 LGF’s. If it weren’t for the slight tint, I wouldn’t think to “upgrade”. I love everything else about it. It’s a really pretty stone. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4132171.htm

I am switching from white gold/plat to a rose gold with platinum head solitaire setting. Maybe that will make the stone look whiter although that had the opposite effect with my former H color stone.

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the H, I think you might miss the size on your hand!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, you guys are cracking me up.

"Get the H for the size", cries the masses. Wow, what a surprise.

Meanwhile....I'm curious why depth matters as both measure at 8.90mm.

Pick the H for the color, or because you like the personality/fire better. But please consider the proportions and how the stones are the same size diameter. No more finger coverage with the H, but it is 0.05mm deeper/taller.

Screenshot_20200227-070233_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200227-070143_Chrome.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would agree with others not to drop down to the 2.2 G or even the 2.3 H that was suggested - you will CERTAINLY miss the size! These options don't seem to make your heart sign so if you're not in a rush I say just wait. You could continue to save a bit and watch inventory until the right one comes along. No reason to force it!

If i had to choose, I'd first ask WF for comparison pics/video of the 2.6 H and 2.5 I to see where the I falls and how eye clean the H is.

But I still feel like the *right* one will come along that are neither of these.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, you guys are cracking me up.

"Get the H for the size", cries the masses. Wow, what a surprise.

Meanwhile....I'm curious why depth matters as both measure at 8.90mm.

Pick the H for the color, or because you like the personality/fire better. But please consider the proportions and how the stones are the same size diameter. No more finger coverage with the H, but it is 0.05mm deeper/taller.

Screenshot_20200227-070233_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200227-070143_Chrome.jpg

Sledge, I love how practical your thinking is. I do too look at measurements the way you do (thus, I am not too happy with my 61.9 depth as I would prefer the weight to be spread more on the surface.)

I wonder, isn't the difference of 0.08mm a bit too big for ACA? (in the last 2.584ct one as oppose to the 2.638 where it is only 0.02mm.)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would totally go for the J Si1 that @sledge posted. A J will be whiter than a K obviously, and you still retain the size most of all. J stones are my fave for the great value while still looking white.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results