• 2.5 I VVS2

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 2.6 H SI1

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! The J looks much better than your K. I can see the color difference. I would do it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definite difference - I think you'll be happier with the J!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definite difference - I think you'll be happier with the J!

I completely agree. I am not color sensitive, but I noticed the difference straight away. I am surprised they are only one color grade apart TBH.
Beautiful! Good Luck, I have enjoyed your journey.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hot off the press! WF received a “new” diamond - a beautiful and eye clean 2.6 I SI1.

The 2.88 J was ordered by another customer today. :(

So it looks like it’s between this 2.6 I and 2.9 J:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4222733.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4192008.htm

The I color is smaller than my 2.9 K which faces up like a 3 carat but 2.6 is a LARGE diamond. DSS has completely skewered my reality!

My amazing WF rep says the size difference is more noticeable than the color difference. The I is a middle of the road I color. So big surprise it’s between size and color. I’ve whittled it down to a 2.9 J vs a 2.62 I. Between these two I’m leaning towards the I. I don’t know why I’m not feeling this 2.9 J.

4B99DABC-7696-490F-8E80-DEF834F15742.jpeg 3BFB5498-864F-424A-B206-5ECFD014AC30.jpeg

Last edited:

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I had a J colored stone that didn’t do it for me, so I get what you’re saying. The I stone looks beautiful. I now have an I colored stone that I’m much happier with. And you can still save money to buy upgrade this I stone to your dream size. 2.62 carats really is a nice size, at least until you can get to the size you want.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I'm going to go with the 2.6 I SI1. Although smaller than the 2.9 K VS2, it's a nice balance of size, color and specs. I really loved the flash of the 2.9 but I'm a bit traumatized from the color bothering me every time I looked down. I am color sensitive and although beautiful, the 2.9 K was not "mind clean" enough for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm going to go with the 2.6 I SI1. Although smaller than the 2.9 K VS2, it's a nice balance of size, color and specs. I really loved the flash of the 2.9 but I'm a bit traumatized from the color bothering me every time I looked down. I am color sensitive and although beautiful, the 2.9 K was not "mind clean" enough for me.

Great choice! I felt like you needed to go to I color from K, as J still will often show a slight tint face up. The great thing is, if you ever desire larger than the 2.6, you can always watch until a larger I comes into stock at Whiteflash! The I color stone definitely looked whiter than the J or K to me.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The 2.6 I SI1 was ordered as I was requesting more images. Then the 2.88 J came available again so I reserved it.

I’m going with the 2.88 J for now. It’s a step in the right direction and I can upgrade later if I want to go up in color. That 2.5 I VS2 isn’t looking that much whiter!
527FD1C2-B19A-4D7F-9096-363ABBBDFF9F.jpeg 5F6AEF89-9656-4BA5-9EE8-20EF41F679F0.jpeg
E3F99219-F431-40E1-AA53-8060C3CE8257.jpeg 9CBA7ABA-AAC3-4766-98B9-2B553807773D.jpeg
Any input on the stone’s personality given the specs? I hope she’s a fireball, too!

@sledge @diamondseeker2006

Last edited:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.88 J looks very nice. I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised by how much whiter it looks than your K. The J has a steely look about it. Great specs and great spread.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
The 34 crown will make this J stone face up brighter, and thus appear whiter. :appl:

Can you specify the 34 crown statement? It sounds interesting. I have always wondered about it and never could decide whether 34.2-34.4 shows up nicer or 34.5-34.7. Most PS members prefer higher crown (34.6) and I wondered why.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The 2.88 J looks very nice. I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised by how much whiter it looks than your K. The J has a steely look about it. Great specs and great spread.

Thanks for the observations, Carebear and Laila. Steely? As in gray?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can you specify the 34 crown statement? It sounds interesting. I have always wondered about it and never could decide whether 34.2-34.4 shows up nicer or 34.5-34.7. Most PS members prefer higher crown (34.6) and I wondered why.

I think higher crown = more fire. Some folks just enjoy the aesthetics of a puffy crown.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The 2.6 SI1 came available and my wonderful WF lady inspected it one last time alongside the 2.88 J. She said there is very little color difference between the I and the J (meaning it must not be a low J!) and it is not worth the sacrifice in size. I’m excited! :):D

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking around this thread as I was the customer who had the 2.88 J on hold. I decided on a slightly bigger ACA stone, but the 2.88 looks beautiful. I hope you love it. I appreciate the patience and flexibility of the WF team - it's hard to pick just one!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been lurking around this thread as I was the customer who had the 2.88 J on hold. I decided on a slightly bigger ACA stone, but the 2.88 looks beautiful. I hope you love it. I appreciate the patience and flexibility of the WF team - it's hard to pick just one!

Ah, the mystery shopper! Thank you for letting her go and into my welcoming arms. :D Did they say anything else about the 2.88 J? I would love to know more about the stone.

Which stone did you end up choosing? Excited for you!

Last edited:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've owned several super ideals. My previous stones have all had crown angles 34.5 and higher. My current stone has a 34.1 crown. While the previous stones may have exhibited slightly more fire, my current stone looks so much brighter. The brightness makes the stone appear whiter and bigger. If you compare the face up photos, the 34 crown stones almost always look whiter.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've owned several super ideals. My previous stones have all had crown angles 34.5 and higher. My current stone has a 34.1 crown. While the previous stones may have exhibited slightly more fire, my current stone looks so much brighter. The brightness makes the stone appear whiter and bigger. If you compare the face up photos, the 34 crown stones almost always look whiter.

d9182c510cfdf874ba26859e5c22fded.jpeg

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I wonder what you’ll make of it. I disliked the tint in my J so just upgrading from that.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

This makes so much sense! I have had 34.6 in G color and it looked identical as far as color as my other one that is 34.3 and H in color. Thank you for explaining! Plus, if one goes with an ideal cut of WF or CBI, they will get the fire anyway, regardless of the crown height, is that correct?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @CareBear. I have observed that some people are preferring the lower crown angles resulting in a brighter stone. There's another brand where I think this has happened. That's why I keep saying, it's not the brand, it's the specific cut people are preferring. The push here forever has been for higher crown, smaller table, more fire. But I have personally come to realize that that is not going to always be preferable to everyone.

@TweetyBird23 The new J looks promising and clearly faces up whiter than the K...must be a higher J!!! Can't wait to see what you think when you see it! It would be great if you didn't have to sacrifice size!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This makes so much sense! I have had 34.6 in G color and it looked identical as far as color as my other one that is 34.3 and H in color. Thank you for explaining! Plus, if one goes with an ideal cut of WF or CBI, they will get the fire anyway, regardless of the crown height, is that correct?
Similar experience as you, I also had a G with a 34.5 crown and face up my current H does not look any more tinted than the G. From the side I can see more color in the H. My 34.8 I however, looked about two color grades more tinted than my H face up. Even though the 'I' had the most fire, to me, there's 'enough' fire in my H that I wouldn't trade the brightness/whiteness for more fire.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with @CareBear. I have observed that some people are preferring the lower crown angles resulting in a brighter stone. There's another brand where I think this has happened. That's why I keep saying, it's not the brand, it's the specific cut people are preferring. The push here forever has been for higher crown, smaller table, more fire. But I have personally come to realize that that is not going to always be preferable to everyone.

@TweetyBird23 The new J looks promising and clearly faces up whiter than the K...must be a higher J!!! Can't wait to see what you think when you see it! It would be great if you didn't have to sacrifice size!

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person! WF says it's not night and day but there IS a difference.

34.2/40.7 -> 34/40.7
K -> J
white gold/platinum prongs --> rose gold/platinum prongs

Fingers crossed it will be a noticeable improvement. If not, there are plenty of stones in the WF sea. :D

Bye bye, K! She faced up quite white during my last snaps of her. She will make someone who doesn't mind a warmer stone very happy!
IMG_3340.jpg

Last edited:

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 my stone will be this one: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4135230.htm

I'm going with a J as well. My previous stone was an 1.81 I SI1 and I'm not color sensitive. I've never had an issue with the color, but I am hoping for better light performance with the ACA cut. Hopefully I'm not just buying into the hype of the super ideal! :D

It can't come soon enough!!!

Holy cow, that is huge! And flawless! How are you setting it? I chose this one: https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3583.htm

I upgraded from a 1.6 H SI2 so I feel your journey. It's going to be a fun ride. :D

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
I am SO excited about the size bump, I won’t lie! I am going with WF’s Elegant setting in platinum. My previous diamond had a halo, but I want this one to stand on its own with no distractions. And I really love that setting. What are you doing?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am SO excited about the size bump, I won’t lie! I am going with WF’s Elegant setting in platinum. My previous diamond had a halo, but I want this one to stand on its own with no distractions. And I really love that setting. What are you doing?

I went with the rose gold Elegant setting with platinum prongs. We are almost ring twins! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results