• 2.5 I VVS2

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 2.6 H SI1

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am SO excited about the size bump, I won’t lie! I am going with WF’s Elegant setting in platinum. My previous diamond had a halo, but I want this one to stand on its own with no distractions. And I really love that setting. What are you doing?

Just make sure you specify the height setting - whether you want it set low, medium or high. My K was set high and I'm ready for a low-medium height given the size.

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
HA! I was so tempted to go rose gold. Maybe next time. Now that I can upgrade so easily through the WF policy, things could get dangerous! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the J was destined to be yours! I am excited for you to receive your new ring! Take lots of pictures for us!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Just remember that a high set diamond will look bigger than a lower set one!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Will do, thanks! The 2.88 faces up like a 3 carat so it's big enough. I'm actually looking at solitaire profile heights now as a picture to send to WF would be useful. Looking forward to a lower set stone as my previously set one (same size) was very "out there"!

IMG_4086.jpg

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
Will do, thanks! The 2.88 faces up like a 3 carat so it's big enough. I'm actually looking at solitaire profile heights now as a picture to send to WF would be useful. Looking forward to a lower set stone as my previously set one (same size) was very "out there"!

IMG_4086.jpg

This is helpful because in my case I am definitely going for "out there", and making no bones about it! High set it is!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As long as the ring fits snugly it should be ok in a high setting. When mine arrived, the ring was a quarter size too loose. The 3 carat spread and platinum prongs made it top heavy and the ring spun around. It was resized accordingly and it was fine.

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
I just spoke with my WF contact and they recommended a medium/high approach. That works for me. I am wondering about the spinning. I'm confident in my size but may need to add a couple sizing beads due to the weight. Hopefully I don't need to go for a resize. I don't like my rings too tight, but in the case of this one I know I need to get it snug.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True, but on the other hand a higher setting will get caught/hit against other objects much easier. i.e, your car door.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just spoke with my WF contact and they recommended a medium/high approach. That works for me. I am wondering about the spinning. I'm confident in my size but may need to add a couple sizing beads due to the weight. Hopefully I don't need to go for a resize. I don't like my rings too tight, but in the case of this one I know I need to get it snug.

May I ask your finger size? I don't think sizing beads are necessary if the ring is a snug but still comfortable fit.

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
I'm your run-of-the-mill size 6. I can probably get away with 5.75 on a very thin band but at times that can feel tight. It's hard because temperature and hormones cause fluctuations!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm your run-of-the-mill size 6. I can probably get away with 5.75 on a very thin band but at times that can feel tight. It's hard because temperature and hormones cause fluctuations!

A +3 carat diamond on a medium/high platinum WF Elegant solitaire will look great!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_4086.jpg
I totally agree. I LOVE low set diamonds. Make it so much more carefree and IMO more sophisticated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results