shape
carat
color
clarity

Where's a chap supposed to start?

Rogueish

Rough_Rock
I've emailed inquiries about the stone and setting, I'm holding off to get advice, the color doesn't worry me as long as it is clear. I'll hang on until I can get guidance and/or pictures, my next fallback position is having 15 days to inspect it if needed - as long as it isn't engraved which I'll pass on for now.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Rogueish|1453598723|3980512 said:
I've emailed inquiries about the stone and setting, I'm holding off to get advice, the color doesn't worry me as long as it is clear. I'll hang on until I can get guidance and/or pictures, my next fallback position is having 15 days to inspect it if needed - as long as it isn't engraved which I'll pass on for now.

Sounds like a good plan. I'd guess with what you've told us she'd be happiest with the 1.4 K.

Rogueish

Rough_Rock
Well, it's time to recap my journey and to thank you all for your assistance along the way. Thanks to all of the advice I received here and many hours reading, browsing and watching youtube videos comparing diamonds I finally made my choice from Brian Gavin. The ring arrived on Saturday, I popped the question on Sunday, she said yes and is absolutely thrilled with the ring.

I have to say that what first led me to BG was a diamond I liked but I soon settled on a mount too which was by far my favorite. We were looking for a half-eternity style and I love the six-prong mount, especially as it doesn't sit too high. Picture of the actual, final ring below.

Thank you all once again, choosing a diamond and a mount is a pretty daunting task and I'm so grateful for all the guidance I received.

_36455.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rogue, I had wondered where you wandered off! Wow, it's absolutely stunning, what great choices you made! Congratulations on your engagement too! :appl:

Can you give us the specs/details on the center stone? Carat, color, clarity? Also, name of the setting?

Love it!

Rogueish

Rough_Rock
JDDN|1455745054|3992229 said:
Rogue, I had wondered where you wandered off! Wow, it's absolutely stunning, what great choices you made! Congratulations on your engagement too! :appl:

Can you give us the specs/details on the center stone? Carat, color, clarity? Also, name of the setting?

Love it!

The mount is the Brian Gavin Half Eternity with the 6-prong mount in platinum here http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/u-shaped-half-eternity-18k-white-gold-5483w18

The center stone is a Signature Blue, 1.441ct, VS2, K, Ideal Cut. I was concerned about it being a K but wanted the size, it's 7.27mm in diameter. My sales contact at BG assured me that as it had higher fluorescence it would still be very white. While I was wary she was absolutely right, it looks fabulous, I couldn't see any hint of color, the stone really was stunning (at least to my untrained eye) and was a real hit. You can see the details on the stone here if you're interested http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.441-k-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104084407033

Chris.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your post! I love medium blue fluorescence, so that with a K is fabulous. It's such a stunner. If you are in the mood, we'd love to see some of your photos of the ring and of course hand shots. We are suckers for lots of photos over here :bigsmile: . :naughty: :dance: :wavey:

Rogueish

Rough_Rock
The ones I have are the shots BG take and send as they ship, I'll post the others, some are (I guess) under UV to show the fluorescence, I don't have hand pictures at the moment. Oh, their engraving is really pretty too :)

briangavin_6prong_chrisl2b__021216.jpg

briangavin_6prong_chrisl3b__021216.jpg

briangavin_6prong_chrisl5b__021216.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOOOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!

I love the quote. It's so beautiful. When are you proposing? Please come post hand shots too!

Rogueish

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1455748487|3992268 said:
SOOOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!

I love the quote. It's so beautiful. When are you proposing? Please come post hand shots too!

After a lot of skulduggery and misdirection to make sure she didn't expect it I proposed on Valentine's Day. The ring was in a custom made pop-up book, the first page was a pop-up of where we met, then a pop-up of a rose, then a picture of the two of us. It was all disguised as a book of memories then the last page was a pop-up engagement ring with the actual ring hanging by a ribbon from it... caught her completely by surprise... but she said yes.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaack! That's splendid!!! Very romantic (and not so rogueish). Congrats.

Oh and HAND SHOTS!!!!! (Please?)

Lenapie

Rough_Rock
Wow!!! It's really pretty! Such a timeless classic. :appl: Congratulations on the engagement, too! :clap:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job!! I am so glad you went with the K too. You got much more diamond size for your dollar.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!!! Congratulations!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results