shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find 2mm (or smaller) band - setting???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mooreg8r

Rough_Rock
PLEASE, PLEASE help me?!?!?!

I''m searching for an engagement setting...very simple, but hard to find. Something with a band of 2mm or thinner with small round diamonds going 1/2 way around the band. 4 prong setting...for a 1.5 carat Cusion cut.

Please help...any online suggestions?
33.gif
29.gif

mooreg8r

Rough_Rock
2 reasons:

1 - usually cheaper to find already made

2 - you can see what you are getting before you buy it

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2004 2:59:12 PM
Author: mooreg8r
2 reasons:
1 - usually cheaper to find already made
2 - you can see what you are getting before you buy it
#1 may not be true - it seems that more often it is not.
#2 is... unless you consider seein a wax carving or previous model a good substitute.

What you describe sounds awfully close to this, right ?

519.gif

mooreg8r

Rough_Rock
Close...but not with the Pave setting. I''m looking for the stones to be set in the band and what I think is called "micro-pave" beading on the sides...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2004 38:42 PM
Author: mooreg8r
Close...but not with the Pave setting. I'm looking for the stones to be set in the band and what I think is called 'micro-pave' beading on the sides...
Not sure what you mena, but surely it is not "micro pave" - because that's what the DVatche picture shows.

That's just extra small paved diamonds, a bit larger and they's called "pave" fullstop and larger still - "bead set", as far as I know.

I think you mean smething like this: - a row of small diamonds between two ridges made of small metal grains. Let's see if I guessed:

2.jpg

(this is listed by Fay Cullen and the band is 2mm wide)

mooreg8r

Rough_Rock
That''s it. Here''s a pic of a Fay Cullen that she liked. Unfortuantely, the diamond is too small and yellow. I called and asked if they sold just the setting or anything similar for a cushion cut and they said they don''t right now. Any other suggestions?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This came up... not sure if there are half-the-way versions though.
3110.jpg
7978.jpg

mooreg8r

Rough_Rock
something like this:

example.jpeg

mooreg8r

Rough_Rock
or like this:

one is antique in style, the other is not. She likes both.

2 things she likes:

low setting of the center stone and the little beading around the edges.

setting-MG12.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I think when you refer to the beading around the edges you mean the milgrain?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... LINK however, the ring at Fay doesn''t look much like anything I know of ready made, bar the "endless love" setting from Ritani and that one does not come with millgrain, it seems. Anyway, a rectangular basket setting may eed to be made precisely for your stone, so it''s back to the custom idea again
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ana, you are an awesome resource!! i am always amazed at the designs you come up with, they are spot on to what people are looking for. good job!! i always look forward to seeing what you come up with!
26.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i posted a picture of my ring because it sounds similar to what you are looking for (minus the pave bezel). am i right? my stone is a cushion too, and the setting has small bead set diamonds and milgrain edging. the shank is 2.1 mm wide and the ring is set VERY low. the pave is three-sided but you could easily have it done one-sided if you prefer.

my setting is by leon mege at www.artofplatinum; he could certainly custom make a setting for you (as could many of the pricescope vendors). i''d think you''d be surprised at how competitive the pricing for custom settings can be. good luck.

reenaring.JPG

lauraberry

Rough_Rock
You can get a 1.5 mm band done by C. Gonshor, that is exactly what I did and it has round diamonds going all the way around (eternity) with a sizing bar on the back. I went through Solomon Brothers in atlanta Georgia and if you go to their website you can type in 74952 in the SKU box and it will show you the exact ring. Mine has a 1.51 asscher cut in the middle. They handmake their jewelry so it can be made to exactly fit your stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results