shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Shiny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I can''t figure out how to downsize the good pics, but did want to share the good news with you all that there is now an engagement ring on my finger! I don''t have the exact specs with me, but it is 1.34 F VS2 with AGS 0 cut proportions in a platinum pave setting. If any one has any advice on how to re-size pics without photoshop and without losing quality, please let me know and I can post plenty more!

Cheers,
NS

shinyaa.JPG

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring ! Best wishes to you and your fiance! I use Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium. If you have it on our PC I can tell you how to resize pix for the web.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
It's lovely!! Congratulations!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Your ring is beautiful! It looks bigger than 1.34 to me.

I like how you can see your toes in the picture too,
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations--your ring is gorgeous!
love.gif
And I agree with Patty; it definitely looks larger than 1.34 cts (which is already a very substantial stone!)
1.gif

Please post more pictures & close-ups!
appl.gif

PS what's your ring size?

LGail

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! It looks perfect on your hand! From the picture you posted it looks very similar to my new e-ring so I am curious if it's from DCD. But I know pictures can be deceiving.

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
appl.gif
Gorgeous! Well done!

It is beautiful- don't have a wreck driving around with that thing on!

Bethany
1.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hog the servers! Post the big ones! That beauty deserves detail shots!
love.gif

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! Its such a great feeling to finally get the ring! We picked it out about six months ago, but he waited to propose until I finished grad school and we knew where we would be living . . . I'll most likely be moving from Silicon Valley to Huntsville, AL (AAUUGGHHA!
eek.gif
) early next year. Yeah, I guess its cool to be engaged to a rocket scientist, until you realize that you'll be moving around to where the latest & greatest aerospace work is being done. If there are any southerners out there with advice on what its like to live in the South, I'd love to hear it! (For those of you who don't know, Huntsville is the site of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center and a whole host of other Department of Defense offices/research centers)

Anyway, about the ring - Its a size 4.5, and I have to admit I specifically looked for a setting that would maximize the size of the center stone. After reading PS, I know I could have gone up to 1.5 carats by going for something like a GH/SI combo, but its nice to know what great quality the stone is.

The diamond and ring was purchased from Joe Escobar Diamonds in Campbell, CA. It is stamped "Coast" on the inside - I don't know if this is a designer/manufacturer/or what, but the price was very reasonable and ended up being $300 cheaper than quoted since the ring size was small and less platinum was used. When looking for the center stone, I took a printout of info on a stone from DCD that I was planning to have shipped to CA for inspection to a few stores here in Silicon Valley. Joe Escobar Diamonds was able to show me a comprable stone, run a sarin report, etc. and sell it to me for a price comprable to the internet.

My fiance (or is it fiancee?) has warned me about "driving with ring", and I'm trying to be careful, but the rainbows in the car are distracting!

One more side note - we've been having fun teasing each other saying, "you're the F-word now!!", without actually having been able to say "finace" yet
naughty.gif

I'll try to post more & better pics soon - a fellow PS'er has offered to help me out - yeah!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous.. A girl I work with has a ring similar to that.. she lets me try it on sometimes.
21.gif
I (and I'm sure many others) would LOVE to see a close up of your ring!..
1.gif

Melissa

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
BEEEYOOOOOTIFUL!!! And as others have said, it looks way big! Best wishes on your engagement (you are the fiancee, he is the fiance, by the way) and please do post lots more pics!!!
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, i love it. i'm dying to see your setting from the side!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO pretty!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
love the pave band you picked, it really does maximize the size of the stone, and that's not too shabby either
2.gif
just beautiful!

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!
appl.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Very luvly ring! & It does look huge on your finger
love.gif

Gotta hand it to you - waiting six months must've been really tough - but WOW - whatta pay-off!
2.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Great ring, very beautiful. That's so funny about the F word, we did the same thing for about a week, it's kind of endearing.

As for Huntsville, the long ago ex boyfriend was from down there, and I actually was surprised that I really enjoyed spending some time down there in AL with his family. For a smaller town there really is a lot of things to do and a bunch of very nice, smart funny people.

Good luck with the move.

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS, just gorgeous. I am partial to pave anyway! Congrats!

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
~*E I E I OOOOH...That's a KNOCKOUT*~

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Very, very pretty ring. I love the pave diamonds. The center stone looks huge!

Skully

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!!

sweetice

Rough_Rock
Coast makes really pretty rings; I've got one myself :D
Here's their website: www.coastdiamond.com

That's a fabulous ring! Congratulations!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and looks huge on your finger! Congratulations!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
newshiny, are you going to get the matching wedding band?

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
Gawjus, simply gawjus!!!! What are the specs?? and congratulations!!
what size is yr finger?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
love.gif
oooooh, pretty pretty!
i love that look!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for all of the compliments! A fellow PS'er who happens to be a graphic designer will be posting a whole host of new pics shortly.
Sweetice, thanks for pointing me to the Coast website - now I know that they are really a design company!

Yes, I am getting the matching wedding band. In fact, I already have it. We bought the wedding set. I'm going to give the band to my mom for safekeeping until the wedding or else I'll wear it around the house
9.gif
. There are pics of the band that will be posted soon. I'd like to get a second band to wear on both sides of the engagement ring, but we're planning to buy a house soon so I might have to wait quite awhile, which is okay with me for now.

I dug up the specs for the center stone. I wasn't going to post them because we made the purchase and they don't matter so much to me anymore, but this diamond is beautiful and "only" gets a score of 2.8 (I think) on the HCA. While this bothered me at first, fiance and I trusted our judgement and indpendent research and went for the stone anyway. I'm glad we did. I'm just mentioning this for those of you who are still looking for stones - please don't eliminate on HCA score alone!

Anyway, here are the specs:
RB
7.02-7.09x4.40mm
Depth 62.4%
Table 57%
Girdle: med to slightly thick, faceted
Cutlet: none
Polish: good
Symmetry: very good
VS2
F
no fluorescence

Key Sarin Info
Crown: 34.7
Pavil: 41.1

Have a great night! -NS

PS - my mother has already started scouting reception sites . . . this is going to be a crazy time!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
first pic

picture1jpg.jpg

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
side two

side2jpg.jpg

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Thank you SO MUCH to Ame, who "photoshopped" the pictures for me!

Here are the pics with the wedding band.

:)
NS

setcollagejpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results