shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy studs

bellajanie84

Rough_Rock
You know the board has some faves for the u prong ring or a dbty. Is there a fave retailer for diamond studs? I'm looking for something in the 1ctw to 1.25ctw.
I know studs you might be able to go down on color and keep brilliance. Can I get guidance?
I have reached out to IDJ already and they sent me video of a pair of uncert but they look a little spoty. (Also when I went to IDJ for my bday I absolutely had a terrible experience dealing with Lana, she was pushy and wouldn't listen to what I wanted. She told me the diamonds I wanted on a DBTY were too big. Kept telling me she has made lots and the size is usually x size. However Jade has always been nice over email and I really love my uprong from them)
Capture.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you look at Whiteflash site for the diamond pairs? They usually have a great selection of stones to choose from.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I purchased my diamond stud earrings from whiteflash about 4 years ago, and one year ago I upgraded. The process was so easy! I never expected to upgrade but I decided to change settings and figured why not! If your budget allows for whiteflash, I'd buy the size you can swing now, get inexpensive settings in white gold, and upgrade when you can.
I have never purchased from IDJ and am not familiar with their upgrade policy so I can't comment on them but others say they are great at finding a lot for the money.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Do you want certified or are you ok with uncertified?

In addition to Whiteflash, James Allen does matched pairs, as does B2C Jewels and even Blue Nile. But I guess the question is do you want certified or not first, as well as the budget.

For studs, I personally would be fine with j or k color and an eye clean SI2 to face up white without a tint but I’m not color sensitive. I can see difference, but I prefer diamonds in the range of J through N usually, but I like old stones.

My modern round studs are J and I think they are very white.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current studs are from GIA 3Ex I SI 1.23tcw from IDJ.

I do def. notice the color. But I look at it 2 different ways; I'm dark, and I color diamond looks white against my skin. I start to notice tint at about GHI colors. These are my stones (I think they're in the right order....lol)

They are extremely lively stones and even without fluoro, they are still quite white.

31238662532_ace584d48b_o.png

Outside of staring at them super close and checking the plot, I wouldn't not be able to see anything. At normal viewing range and on the ear, I see nothing at all.

Go for what you can in your budget based on whats the most important. That means if eye clean is important, make it a priority. If you're willing to get more size and sacrafice eye clean (because lets face it, they're on the ear) then you should be able to get some great stones without too many visible blemishes. If high color is important, get it. Means you might have to drop size if your budget requires it but, you get piece of mind that you get what you want.

My only regret is not going bigger....lol (but I have DSS right about now)

If those are not making you happy, do speak up. Tell them that these aren't what you had in mind, but give them some direction to go in without being too broad. They may or may not have what you want, and if they don't have it, they just don't.

But if you don't like the direction they're going in, start looking at other vendors that might have what you want.

As much as I like IDJ and had a great experience with them, they won't work for everyone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had Whiteflash studs for many years.....and...I upgraded a few times! I would do it all over again. Couldn't ask for a better selection of stones each time, and I found perfect matches.

bellajanie84

Rough_Rock
What do you call the pictures of diamonds that show the hearts and arrows?
I'd sent me this pic along
With the gia report.
But I love looking at those infrared pics, is it alot to ask for those pics or do jewelers get them easily

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190521-131224_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190521-131224_Gmail.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 13
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results