shape
carat
color
clarity

Where Can I Buy This EXACT Setting?

read22

Rough_Rock
Milton--I agree that it's tapered at the bottom, but the reason I posted the pictures I did was because I liked everything about that ring. For example, in the Gavin setting, I don't like the mount (I actually haven't liked any mount I've seen, including cathedral mounts, save for the one in my picture). I did try to have it custom built, but I got burned terribly--the setting ended up looking nothing like my pictures, nor what I saw in person.

I'm sorry I don't have any more information, but I really do appreciate everyone's help thus far.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
read22|1326521470|3102749 said:
Sonnyjane, I appreciate the suggestion--and willingness to sleuth--but I don't feel that it's appropriate for me to say what store it is after I made some of my negative comments about them.

I understand that sentiment if it is a mom & pop shop, but if it's a chain of any kind, I certainly don't know where you live, what branch, or what employee specifically you spoke to! As a PP mentioned, you just had a bad salesman, you said nothing bad about the store. Knowing info like that could help the experts find out the exact setting you saw. You don't *have* to but it would really help those of us searching for you out.

read22

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, it is a mom and pop shop, and a rather popular one in a medium-large city...

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
From what you posted, nothing about the salesperson seems to fit into the category of irredeemable behavior and I wouldn't think being annoyed with a pushy salesperson should keep you from being sure about the ring of your dreams. Just go back there, maybe at a different time of day (in the hope that the particular salesperson isn't working then), and just smile and nod when you take another look at the ring.

read22

Rough_Rock
I appreciate everyone's response. To be honest, I was being kind in my retelling of the story. Also, the gentleman I spoke with is the owner of the shop, and the sole person I'd be dealing with (appointment only store).

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Can you tell us the price range of this setting? It will help us (me at least) narrow down the potential designer. Are you also sure that it is not a custom designed and made setting just for that store?

read22

Rough_Rock
The initial price quote was for $1600-ish. I know it's not a custom piece, because he told me he had a few in different sizes.

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
Going back to the friend idea, can you just have a friend go in and make the purchase for you?

usnwife

Rough_Rock
Ok, I get the sales person was annoying. However, it seems like that is the ring you want. Just go back and buy it.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMO go back and get the setting you want. If you feel like it, let the sales person know you did not like their behaviour, but IMO it shouldn't stop you from getting what you want.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go back in and read the Hallmark on the inside of the ring. It will only take 30 seconds at most!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like it's their design, or some tweaked version of a stock ring, and you've rejected everything we've found for you. I think you either need to find a different setting or suck it up and get this one from this store even though you dislike the owner.

read22

Rough_Rock
I appreciate everyone's help, and I know this is probably frustrating and hard to understand, but I'm not going back to that store. First, I can't just go in there and glance at the ring, because the place is by appointment only. So I'd be making an appointment, saying "hey, let me see that ring," looking at it, and leaving to purchase it somewhere else. That just seems wrong to me. Second, I don't want to just go in and buy it, because I really don't want to give this guy any of my money, no matter how much.

As always, thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are a ton of beautiful settings out there. Maybe go into another jeweler store and see if you like any other ring. It does seem you are out of luck with the current one because if the extremely savvy gals here who know almost every designer ring out there can't find it, then I really don't know what other advice to give. This may have been suggested but what about emailing the picture from a yahoo account or something and say you saw it posted online from their store ( which is true) and you want to know who the designer is. Heck, if you tell us the store, I'll do it for you :))

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I see 5 options for you
1. Send a friend in to pretend and get you the info
2. Out the store so we can look online and do some investigative work for you - we need more hints (no promises)
3. Go the custom route and have BGD, WF, ERD, etc to make you the same ring - this may turn out even more expensive
4. Suck it up and just buy the ring
5. Give up and just buy another stock ring

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1326912137|3105986 said:
http://www.dbddiamonds.com/default.aspx?act=catalog.aspx&action=addinv&addcatalogid=384&startrow=1&category=CUSTOM+DIAMOND+ENGAGEMENT+RINGS+WITH+SIDE+STONES&browse=&MenuGroup=HOME&desc=PLATINUM+BOW+TIE+CATHEDRAL+DIAMOND+ENGAGEMENT+RING&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Well that looks t be about a perfect match :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You said there was one of these settings linked that you liked but it didn't taper down on the back of the band. You could almost certainly have a jeweler file it down so that the back is tapered. It would almost certainly void any warranty of the original manufacturer, but if that is not important to you, then this is an option to consider.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results