shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you honeymooning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Sad day...I got a 2-1 cruise voucher when I bought my dress. We were all about using it for our HM and being able to splurge on a suite and cool excursions. Yay, right?! Yesterday FI and I looked it up online and it''s from this shady vacation voucher company that has horrible ratings on the BBB.
14.gif

So where are you going? I need ideas now. FI wants to go to Disneyland and all I can think about is DB and don''t want to go!! Hahahaha!!!
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''re going to Iceland this August! It''s supposed to be gorgeous :) Almost 24 hours of daylight in the summer, great hot springs, waterfalls, etc. And it''s really affordable for a european vacay.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Aww bummer about the shady cruise line thing! That sucks!

We''re going to Kauai, HI. I went there with my mom a few years back for a little vacation and all I could think of when I was there was "I want to honeymoon here!" It''s gorgeous, and there are SO many great beaches and places to see that aren''t tourist-y. We also like the fact that it''s still US so we don''t have to deal with passports or foreign currency or language barriers. It seems like the perfect location for us and I''m so excited to go back!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We talked about this last night. For one thing we''re having a destination wedding, so that''s kind of our honeymoon honeymoon...

However, we plan on taking a few bigger vacations when we can afford it. So last night we talked about having ours at that Atlantis resort and a trip to NYC. But it all depends on when we have the $$$ to go...

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We wanted to go to Europe (first Germany and Italy, then our second idea was England). However, with paying for the majority of the wedding, we decided it wasn''t worth the extra stress of saving up so much for a vacation on top of it (we would have to drain our savings account, which makes me nervous).

So, we ended up deciding on California! We''re going to San Francisco, Monterey, Sequoia National Park, Yosemite, and Napa/Sonoma. I''ve been to these places before, but it''s been years; and FI has never been out west other than the Grand Canyon, so I''m super excited! I was able to get the flight, car rental, and 3 nights in a Hilton for free (because of travel points I get through work travel) so it is super economical compared to Europe and we can afford to go for 2 weeks. Plus, no exchange rate like Europe, so that makes things a little more reasonable.

We''ll have to save the super European vacation for another year, when we don''t have a wedding to worry about.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Freke, not sure if you're set on Atlantis, but I rented a house on a small Bahamas island and it was soooo great. No crime, like in Nassau, and we never even locked our door. We spent time with the locals and they were more than happy to show us the best fishing places and teach us how to clean conch. It was fantastic. I would highly recommend something like that over Atlantis (unless you're really into all inclusives).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re going to Belize-3 days in the jungle and 3 days at the beach. We can''t wait!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
we''re going to cancun...we''re actually booking our honeymoon this thursday we''re super exited

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:23:23 PM
Author: elrohwen
Freke, not sure if you''re set on Atlantis, but I rented a house on a small Bahamas island and it was soooo great. No crime, like in Nassau, and we never even locked our door. We spent time with the locals and they were more than happy to show us the best fishing places and teach us how to clean conch. It was fantastic. I would highly recommend something like that over Atlantis (unless you''re really into all inclusives).
Thanks for the tip. He''s very excited about swimming with sharks and other attractions that the resort offers. I''m assuming we''ll get out to Hawaii as soon as we can because one of his good friends is out there, and really I think he was just wanting something beachy and cheap.
40.gif

Lol. Whatever. I just can''t wait for NYC...

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Too bad about the voucher!

We went to London for our honeymoon, but DH really wanted to go to Disney World! I don''t mind visiting Disney, but I really didn''t want to go for a honeymoon. I convinced him to do a different honeymoon, and we went to Disney for the 1st anniversary.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:50:56 PM
Author:sunnyd
Sad day...I got a 2-1 cruise voucher when I bought my dress. We were all about using it for our HM and being able to splurge on a suite and cool excursions. Yay, right?! Yesterday FI and I looked it up online and it''s from this shady vacation voucher company that has horrible ratings on the BBB.
14.gif

So where are you going? I need ideas now. FI wants to go to Disneyland and all I can think about is DB and don''t want to go!! Hahahaha!!!
9.gif
LOL that is funny about D bride - are they going there? lol
anyway - we are going to D in Florida and Im so excited, FI has NEVER been so its going to be great.
So, we are going for 1 week to Disney and the 2nd week we are going to Cancun. Staying at THE ROYAL cancun. sooo excited.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, sucks about the shady company...but it's better you got to know now than in the middle of your honeymoon! I also think if you really want to go to Disney, then you should....I've heard it's a fun place to go.

As for us, we're going to the French Polynesia: Tahiti, Moorea and Borebora. I. Cant. Wait.

ETA: Have you looked around for deals on cruises? With tourism down, a lot of companies are slashing prices by quite a bit. For all you know, you might be able to find a cruise of your choise for a damn good price. Look around, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to St. John in the USVI and I could not say better things about it! (And don''t confuse St. John with St. Thomas, though they are only a short ferry ride away from each other, St. John is SO much nicer!)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Dominican Republic is another good destination. It''s really affordable too, there are a lot of all-inclusives on the island.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We''re off to Italy! Viaggieremo al Lago di Como, Venezia, e Roma!

Freke, I think Atlantis sounds like an awesome place for your honeymoon. FI and I went there this summer and loved it. We stayed at the Cove Atlantis, and it was beautiful and so much fun.

You probably already realize this, but Atlantis is not an all-inclusive (at least the Cove was definitely not). Eating there got pretty pricey, but they do have some fantastic restaurants. If you do go there, make the trip into Nassau for dinner at Graycliff Restaurant. They have one of the largest wine cellars in the world, make their own cigars, are located in a gorgeous mansion once used as pirates'' headquarters, have an incredibly talented pianist-singer serenading you, and serve incredible food with impeccable service (waiters are in white dinner jackets). At Atlantis, I suggest Cafe Martinique for an amazing meal as well.

Just for fun, here''s a photo I took on one of the beaches at Atlantis.

Summer 08 190 xs.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
We are hoping to go tour wine country for 2 weeks. We had tried to plan a DW there but our family wasn''t too excited about it. We really love wine, driving around in pretty scenery, and awesome little restaurants. We are going to wait until 4-5 months have passed after we get married to go so we have plenty of vacation time accrued!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to Fiji and New Zealand... it was the perfect adventure honeymoon!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to Couples Negril in Jamaica.

I can''t wait to chill, eat yummy food, snorkel and have drinks with umbrellas in them :)

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
We''re going to Seattle (and the area around there.) So that wouldn''t be much of a honeymoon for you!
3.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:50:15 PM
Author: iloveprincesscuts

So, we are going for 1 week to Disney and the 2nd week we are going to Cancun. Staying at THE ROYAL cancun. sooo excited.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Just want to say, THE ROYAL Cancun is fabulous! A couple of girlfriends and i went a year ago. Their food is amazing! My fave was the outdoors restaurant, can''t remember... think it''s the Pelican? They have steak & lobster on mon & thurs (i think). We must have ordered 3 lobster plates each on our first night, in addition to every single dish they had that night. Our server couldn''t believe we finished all our food. All of their restaurants are good, even the buffet was yummy. Make sure you make the special dinner reservation right when you get there, it''s for 15 or so people each night, and the chef prepares a 4 course dinner in a private room. That fills up fast.

Their poolside service is excellent, too. They''ll come around w/ sunblock, newspapers, & books, and my mango margarita glass was never empty.
9.gif

Their rooms are great, all ocean-view, all w/ jacuzzi (which we didn''t even use since we were outside most of the time). Best of all it''s all adults, so no screaming, running kids while you''re trying to relax!

Travelzoo is a great place to look for honeymoon deals right now. I just saw an Atlantis deal... $179/night.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
We haven''t planned a honeymoon yet, because we''re just that disorganized. All of your honeymoons sound great! I''d love to go to Costa Rica for ours, so hopefully that''ll work out!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
We have our fingers crossed that our budget will stand up to a last minute, special rate Honeymoon at Hayman Island, in the Whitsundays, Queensland. It''s heaven on earth!! We won''t decide until the week of the wedding, but I am going to do some budget wizardry to make this happen!!

www.hayman.com.au

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
FI''s Aunt and Uncle have a Vacation House around Cape Coral, FL if we can we are just going to do that. If not we will look into Hawaii.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to the Royal in Playa del Carmen...FI is booking it as we speak!!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
We are going to Costa Rica!! Can''t wait!!!

Re: Atlantis. I went to the Bahamas with friends my senior year of college. We stayed at the hotel literally RIGHT NEXT door to the Atlantis (I believe it was Comfort Suites) and when you stay there you get all of the Atlantis passes and amenities (sp?). It was fantastic and a really nice hotel. We spent most our time at the Atlantis pools and beaches, but for a much lower price. Just a thought...

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to the Amalfi Coast in Italy.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am hoping wherever we go it involves 4 wks on a beach :D, I want a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG honeymoon :D.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We went to Barbados and stayed at an AI called Crystal Cove - it was very "West Indies" style, quiet, relaxing, and the food was off the hook.

I recommend Caribbean Jim and Beach Destinations.com for finding a good deal on a tropical vacay.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Great thread, SunnyD!
We're planning a trip to Ireland. We'll spend most of the time in Dublin, and are contemplating either driving or flying down to Cork and then up to Roscommon to visit my family's heritage sites. Don't know if that's too much to fit in a 7- 9 day period, but we'll try.

Just wondering how you're planning your itinerary. Are you researching and booking yourself or are you working with a travel agent? If a travel agent, how'd you decide which one to work with (specialized tours or generic travel agency)?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re working with a travel agent because we''re staying in multiple locations and we wanted someone to take care of the transfers and stuff for us. She''s not really specialized to my knowledge, we just clicked with her. We met her at a bridal show.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results