shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you honeymooning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
In 45 days we will be honeymooning at Secrets Maroma on the Riveria Maya (Cancun) Can''t wait! Would have loved to do the South Pacific (Tahiti, Bora, Bora, etc...) but it is so expensive! Maybe for an anniversary
emsmile.gif

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 9:01:31 PM
Author: Blair138
We are going to the Royal in Playa del Carmen...FI is booking it as we speak!!
oh, Blair, you''ll have to tell me how it is! We had a vacation planned there 2 years ago, but during hurricane season (haha, yeah, I know you know where this is going)...

it looked beautiful though!!! especially when there aren''t winds that could kill a person!

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:12:16 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
We''re going to Iceland this August! It''s supposed to be gorgeous :) Almost 24 hours of daylight in the summer, great hot springs, waterfalls, etc. And it''s really affordable for a european vacay.

Oooh, I was there in Jan! It''s amazing! So beautiful, unique, and very cool and chic people and bars. You will love it!

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
We''re going home-home to Ireland to get married (we''re both Irish, but living in NY), and then going to Croatia for nearly 2 weeks - then back to Ireland for a day or so.... then back to current-home in NY!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Sunnyd, what about going up into Canada? There are some great coastal spots in BC that would make for great honeymoons. Or, you could do California? Either northern or southern, depending on what you would be into more.

Since we are going the DW route, our honeymoon is also going to be in South America. We want to go into Venezuela, but will have to watch the political climate develop a bit. Otherwise, we will just stay in Ecuador. We will have a week without the family there, be we had hoped to honeymoon longer, so we are also doing another mini-moon for our 6 mo. or 1 yr. anniversary. Not sure where yet, though.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 2:15:31 AM
Author: merrymunky
We''re doing something completely off beat and going to Reading Festival here in the UK. Camping and everything! :razz:

That is so awesome! Have they announced the lineup yet? Talk about a great honeymoon idea.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
No official plan yet (we still have 1.5 years to go), but we have our hearts set on a 14-day Mediterranean cruise.
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 10:50:36 AM
Author: sap483
We got married last July, but we''re going on our honeymoon this July because we didn''t have enough vacation to take as long of a trip as we wanted. We are going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.

That''s it sap483, I am officially not talking to you!!!! I am soooo jealous
27.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 10:42:13 AM
Author: CrookedRock
Our wedding is kinda like a honeymoon. (New Zealand) We are even thiniking about adding Australia to the trip.

We are gonna do a hm though to Africa for safari and wine country. Just haven''t decided when in 2010. I guess I should look into that...

Crooked rock Australia is pretty close to New Zealand and they have some great airfaires at the moment with our domestic carriers. About $400 return per person AU dollars I believe, $1 US dollar = 0.63c AU cents.

Check out:

Pacific Blue (owned by Virgin Blue)

Jetstar

Qantas

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:12:56 PM
Author: katamari

Date: 3/5/2009 2:15:31 AM
We''re doing something completely off beat and going to Reading Festival here in the UK. Camping and everything! :razz:

That is so awesome! Have they announced the lineup yet? Talk about a great honeymoon idea.

Not yet. They announce it the morning the tickets go on sale so we have another couple of weeks to wait yet.

Isn''t it just? It should be so much fun!

Upstate NY

Rough_Rock
I think were going to Bora Bora and Moorea for our honeymoon.
36.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve had a change of plan. Initially we were supposed to be doing the off-beat honeymoon of Reading Festival...complete with camping.

Sadly we were unable to get tickets in the end.

Future in laws booked our honeymoon for us today. They asked us where we would like to go. So we found a good deal and directed them to it.

We''re going to Paris
9.gif
30.gif

Don''t tell my FI but I am more excited about this than I was about Reading. I have always wanted to go to Paris and what better way to get there than by honeymoon eh?

3.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 3:59:41 PM
We''ve had a change of plan. Initially we were supposed to be doing the off-beat honeymoon of Reading Festival...complete with camping.

Sadly we were unable to get tickets in the end.

Future in laws booked our honeymoon for us today. They asked us where we would like to go. So we found a good deal and directed them to it.

We''re going to Paris
9.gif
30.gif

Don''t tell my FI but I am more excited about this than I was about Reading. I have always wanted to go to Paris and what better way to get there than by honeymoon eh?

3.gif

Yes, Paris is amazing!
30.gif
Is there any chance a band you like will be playing in Paris while you are there? A few years ago, FI and I were in Brussels on vacation and it just so happened that RADIOHEAD was playing there. So perhaps you can still catch a good rock show, but in Paris!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
We had a change in plans too.

We were originally planning on going on a mini-moon the weekend after the wedding to the islands or something, and then doing our big honeymoon in Nov/Dec when my FI got back from working abroad. But, the way things have played out, it would have been just as expensive to do the mini-moon as a proper honeymoon so now, here is our plan:

The Monday following the wedding my soon-to-be husband and I will board a plane with mile-purchased first class tickets to Mexico. When we arrive in Cancun, we will be whisked away to the Excellence Resort in Riviera Maya (Excellence Rinviera Cancun). We will spend 6 days there, and then head back to the real world...

Yeah for honeymoons!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results