shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you honeymooning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
Were going to Japan. Were leaving in 13 days!! :)

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
We were lucky to have a lot of frequent flier miles to use, so we are able to afford to do three weeks in SE Asia, namely Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos! We are super psyched!

Sunnyd- TravelZoo sometimes has good cruise deals (and other vacation package deals) so I''d check there to get some ideas. Good luck!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Whoa! Hehe, I left work and now there''s lotsa responses! Thanks all, yeah it definitely sucks about our cruise. Oh well I guess...
40.gif

Making - Iceland?!?! That sounds awesome!!

Pearl - I don''t know why HI hasn''t registered as a good place! It''s probably cheaper to fly to than the Caribb for us in Seattle. We''ll have to look!

Freke - haha, FI looked up Atlantis for fun a while ago and he wants to go so bad!

elroh - We''d soooo love to go to Napa, we''re such winos. LOL! A state tour sounds fun.

HH - Ooh the jungle? Cool! My parents went to DR for their HM, it''s def worth looking into, thanks!

em - Cancun sounds fun, but I think we''d be looking at going in March after the wedding...hello Spring Breakers.
40.gif
I''m too old for that. Hahaha!!!

vetrik - that''s kinda how I feel too. Disney would be fun, but I don''t see it as a honeymoon spot, y''know?

ilove - I guess I answered you above.
1.gif

kama - your HM is my dream HM!! Ahhhh, but alas, we are poor. LOL... I did a quick poke into Royal Caribb and Mar/April are the most expensive months to cruise (Spring Break ruining everything again
9.gif
).

Haven - I would love that vacay! Fun.

kitty - Italy would be fantastic too! Man, I''m jealous of all your great spots!

Clairitek - That''s what we''re doing too, waiting a few months. Wine country would be perfect.

Musey - FI sooooo wants to go to New Zealand...speaking of which, I need to show him your pics!
1.gif

Mintve - LOL, drinks with umbrellas taste so much better than drinks without em.
10.gif

blackpolkadot - You''re coming here? Lemme know if you need any cool spots to check out!

Forte - travelzoo, I''ll have to remember that!

honey - AU is on our list of ''we must go here'' spots.
35.gif

Princess - anywhere it''s warm, right?
2.gif

Blair and GoingCrazy - awesome!

ilove - Italy would be so great. I think I''m really Italian at heart, hahaha.

Dee - holy moly, I wish we could be gone that long, lucky you!!

Elmorton - thanks for the recommendations!

CNY - Ireland is another on the must see list, sounds awesome and busy! Hehe!

Laura - less than 2 weeks, are you so excited?!

Havernell - sounds like fun!!!

OMG, that was crazy long, sorry about that!! I just didn''t want to respond to some and not others. Thanks for reading, now I''m off to do research!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 8:46:25 PM
Author: ForteKitty

Date: 3/3/2009 7:50:15 PM
Author: iloveprincesscuts

So, we are going for 1 week to Disney and the 2nd week we are going to Cancun. Staying at THE ROYAL cancun. sooo excited.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Just want to say, THE ROYAL Cancun is fabulous! A couple of girlfriends and i went a year ago. Their food is amazing! My fave was the outdoors restaurant, can''t remember... think it''s the Pelican? They have steak & lobster on mon & thurs (i think). We must have ordered 3 lobster plates each on our first night, in addition to every single dish they had that night. Our server couldn''t believe we finished all our food. All of their restaurants are good, even the buffet was yummy. Make sure you make the special dinner reservation right when you get there, it''s for 15 or so people each night, and the chef prepares a 4 course dinner in a private room. That fills up fast.

Their poolside service is excellent, too. They''ll come around w/ sunblock, newspapers, & books, and my mango margarita glass was never empty.
9.gif

Their rooms are great, all ocean-view, all w/ jacuzzi (which we didn''t even use since we were outside most of the time). Best of all it''s all adults, so no screaming, running kids while you''re trying to relax!

Travelzoo is a great place to look for honeymoon deals right now. I just saw an Atlantis deal... $179/night.
Thanks for posting this, I love to hear from people that have been there before. Last time (when we got engaged) we stayed at the Riu Palace which also was amazing. we looked around a lot to see if we could find someplace to top it. and the ROYAL just might do it. It looks so nice. we upgraded to the "Royal" service too. and no kids is definitly a plus for our honeymoon! Is it in a good location on the strip? whats it near? could you walk to good places?

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
No way, I think we have the same wedding date too! and you are going to the ROYAL in Playa and we are going to the ROYAL in Cancun!
7/11/2009 right?

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 9:01:31 PM
Author: Blair138
We are going to the Royal in Playa del Carmen...FI is booking it as we speak!!
I meant to attach the above post to my response below.....woooops!
26.gif

No way, I think we have the same wedding date too! and you are going to the ROYAL in Playa and we are going to the ROYAL in Cancun!
7/11/2009 right?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:42:10 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 3/3/2009 7:23:23 PM
Author: elrohwen
Freke, not sure if you''re set on Atlantis, but I rented a house on a small Bahamas island and it was soooo great. No crime, like in Nassau, and we never even locked our door. We spent time with the locals and they were more than happy to show us the best fishing places and teach us how to clean conch. It was fantastic. I would highly recommend something like that over Atlantis (unless you''re really into all inclusives).
Thanks for the tip. He''s very excited about swimming with sharks and other attractions that the resort offers. I''m assuming we''ll get out to Hawaii as soon as we can because one of his good friends is out there, and really I think he was just wanting something beachy and cheap.
40.gif

Lol. Whatever. I just can''t wait for NYC...
Hawaii would be awesome! It''s not cheap, but if you could stay with someone you know that would be great.

And NYC is the best
1.gif
I so wish I could live there, but I''ll have to settle for being an hour and a half away. You must have gone there quite a bit when you were at the CIA.

angielea

Shiny_Rock
My Fi and I seem to be the odd ones out!

We''re going on a 2 week road trip, down route 66, back up into Las Vegas, across Utah, Colorado, and back to Iowa.

We have 2 resort stays booked in Sedona, AZ and Estes Park, CO The rest are historic route 66 hotels, and B&Bs.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
We are really lucky since living abroad is allowing us to the romantic European thing now before the wedding and that includes a long trip to Greece this summer. Yay!

We aren''t getting married until January 2011 but the Honeymoon debate rages on. We really want to do Hawaii but the weather might not be the best. So we are deciding if we postpone or look into our other choices which are:

Tahiti/Bora Bora/French Polynesia
OR
Bali
OR
Fiji

open to suggestions (clearly I plan ahead)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We hope to go to Napa Valley (i think) because DF is very into wines....i would love to sit on a beach somewhere, but DF isn''t the kind of guy to just lay around in the sun
38.gif
I don''t think we''ll be able to go any time right after the wedding, but when we are able that is where we''ll likely go.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 8:17:32 PM
Author: Clairitek
We are hoping to go tour wine country for 2 weeks. We had tried to plan a DW there but our family wasn''t too excited about it. We really love wine, driving around in pretty scenery, and awesome little restaurants. We are going to wait until 4-5 months have passed after we get married to go so we have plenty of vacation time accrued!
I just read through the responses...Clairitek, i have to say i usually agree with your tastes and here it''s no exception...we are doing the same thing! DF and i also love all these things, so we are very excited to see all the restaurants and vineyards!

p.s. i would have loved a DW there!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:44:41 AM
Author: angielea
My Fi and I seem to be the odd ones out!

We''re going on a 2 week road trip, down route 66, back up into Las Vegas, across Utah, Colorado, and back to Iowa.

We have 2 resort stays booked in Sedona, AZ and Estes Park, CO The rest are historic route 66 hotels, and B&Bs.

I this this sounds awesome. FI and I love road trips and that''s such beautiful country. I did Rt 66 with my family when I was a kid. I have lots of fond memories of that trip. Driving through The Rockies is just unbelievable and there are so many neat things to do along the way. I can''t remember, but if Virginia City NV is on your route, you should stop in. It''s an old mining town, one of the oldest and largest in the region at the time of the gold and silver rush. I believe it had a silver mine, but you can pan for gold everywhere out there. the town has a lot of restored buildings, so you can see how the miners and wealthy alike lived. So cool!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Our wedding is kinda like a honeymoon. (New Zealand) We are even thiniking about adding Australia to the trip.
We are gonna do a hm though to Africa for safari and wine country. Just haven''t decided when in 2010. I guess I should look into that...

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
If you are looking for cruise deals, try Vacations To Go, they send me regular email updates and had some fantastic deals.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
We got married last July, but we''re going on our honeymoon this July because we didn''t have enough vacation to take as long of a trip as we wanted. We are going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 8:17:32 PM
Author: Clairitek
We are hoping to go tour wine country for 2 weeks. We had tried to plan a DW there but our family wasn''t too excited about it. We really love wine, driving around in pretty scenery, and awesome little restaurants. We are going to wait until 4-5 months have passed after we get married to go so we have plenty of vacation time accrued!
That sounds heavenly. I love Napa and Sonoma. I went for a long weekend this past year and can''t wait to plan another trip there. You must splurge and have dinner at French Laundry. It is divine. Reservations are generally made 2 months out though, so plan ahead!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 10:50:36 AM
Author: sap483
We got married last July, but we''re going on our honeymoon this July because we didn''t have enough vacation to take as long of a trip as we wanted. We are going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.

You have to post how it is! and any and all suggestions. I am so jealous!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re going for three weeks to Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. Cannot wait!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Southern Caribbean. We would love to go somewhere more exotic, but since our work schedules only allow us to be away for a week, we agreed that short plane rides are the best option. Neither of us wanted to devote 2 of our 7 days to travel.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:38:07 AM
Author: meresal
Southern Caribbean. We would love to go somewhere more exotic, but since our work schedules only allow us to be away for a week, we agreen that short plane rides are the best option. Neither of us wanted to devote 2 of our 7 days to travel.

Ditto. We really wanted to go somewhere like the Maldives or French Polynesia, but we can''t take more than a week off and it takes too long to get to those places in our opinion...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slightly off topic, but FI is in charge of the honeymoon (planning and $$$) and I''ve been slightly panicked about it. Well I just heard from our accountant and FI''s refund is enough to pay for the HM. YAY!!!

**happy dance** **sings**
I''m goin to Belize, I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize,I''m goin to Belize, and in case you missed it- I''m goin to Belize!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sunny - Are you kidding me?
38.gif
I''m so annoyed for you. Sorry.

Not sure where we are going or if we will be going anywhere right away but we would love to go to Bora Bora or somewhere else in French Polynesia. If not there then maybe Greece or a European cruise etc. I''ve always wanted to go to Atlantis too!

Were you thinking hot and tropical or just fun with lots of stuff to do?

wellinsm

Rough_Rock
We went to Anguilla (a small island near St. Maarten) in the Carrib. We stayed at an apartment which was 30 sec. from the beach. It was very affordable and wonderful. You take a ferry from Marigot in French St. Martin over. There are resorts there, but we opted to stay at the apartment so we could be independent, have a car etc. We cannot wait to go back. The place where we stayed was amazing and affordable. I highly recommend it to anyone!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:00:29 PM
Author: wellinsm
We went to Anguilla (a small island near St. Maarten) in the Carrib. We stayed at an apartment which was 30 sec. from the beach. It was very affordable and wonderful. You take a ferry from Marigot in French St. Martin over. There are resorts there, but we opted to stay at the apartment so we could be independent, have a car etc. We cannot wait to go back. The place where we stayed was amazing and affordable. I highly recommend it to anyone!

We went to St. Maarten last year and loved it!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
My only unbreakable rule was NO BEACH/ISLAND vacations!! I grew up in (still live in) a super-popular "tropical beach vacation destination" and I need a change of scenery after 30 years of this, man!

We chose Europe. From May 30 -- June 20, we''re going to Greece, Italy, France, and Spain. We''ve got a lot of frequent flyer miles racked up, too. Plus, FI has a friend who is able to lend us his apartment in Paris, and my family has a home in Athens, Greece (for like, 3 generations now--my grandfather built it in the 1930''s).

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:47:58 AM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
Date: 3/3/2009 9:01:31 PM

Author: Blair138

We are going to the Royal in Playa del Carmen...FI is booking it as we speak!!
I meant to attach the above post to my response below.....woooops!
26.gif

7/11/2009 right?

YEP! Same date! How crazy
26.gif
I have heard FABULOUS things about the Royal in both Playa and Cancun...I can''t wait!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
10 days on the islands in Greece!!!! Can''t wait!!!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Greece: 4 days in Santorini and 4 days in Athens. FI asked me about my dream honeymoon in April 2007 and when it came time to plan the HM for real, he chose to take us there:) The best part is that he booked the flights and did the research on hotels all on his own without me having to stress about deadlines or decisions or budget choices. love him
30.gif
I get to just enjoy the trip. I guess that''s only fair though since he gets to just enjoy the wedding!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:46:14 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Sunny - Are you kidding me?
38.gif
I''m so annoyed for you. Sorry.

Not sure where we are going or if we will be going anywhere right away but we would love to go to Bora Bora or somewhere else in French Polynesia. If not there then maybe Greece or a European cruise etc. I''ve always wanted to go to Atlantis too!

Were you thinking hot and tropical or just fun with lots of stuff to do?
I know right?!?!?! I looked up the site and was like, ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!
38.gif
Oh well, just another shady thing from a shady company. LOL we''re planning to go up there to try on BM dresses JUST so my FMIL can yell at them! Hahaha I can''t wait, I love her!
9.gif

I guess tropical? It almos sucks being on the west coast because the caribb is so far away. Boo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results