shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are the Aascher cut brown diamonds???

atlantaantiquer

Rough_Rock
My lady friend is enamored of an brown diamonds in a more contemporary rose gold setting so I thought I'd start trying to locate a loose stone and then try and find the mounting. She likes the aascher cut but I've found VERY few natural brown diamonds that are aascher cut. By the time you knock out the champagne/cognac/yellow/orange browns, there's nothing to choose from! Are Aaschers more difficult to cut, just less popular, or is there some other reason I'm having problems finding a 1-1.75 CT medium brown Aascher??? Any insights you could provide/sources you could suggest would be appreciated!!! Atlantaantiquer

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if you're eliminating most types of browns just exactly what color brown are you after?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, there are fewer asschers, period. Well cut asschers are relatively hard to find. Once you add on a very particular color, you are pretty much looking for a needle in a haystack. Your best bet is talking to Jonathan at Good Old Gold and having him cut one for you. However, in that case, you will not know the exact color until the stone is cut. So I am going to suggest either go with an I-J color asscher and get people here to help you find one (which might take some time), or look at all shapes of brown diamonds until you can find one that is nicely cut with the color you want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results