shape
carat
color
clarity

When you don't have to choose between Ginger and Mary Ann :)

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
gingermaryanne1.jpg
Wait a minute, no, no, not these two (though who doesn't love these two)?

Some of you might not know who they are (if you're interested check out Gilligan's Island).
Ginger was the movie star...cast as a Marilyn Monroe type.
Mary Ann was the quintessential girl next door.

Passion plus wholesomeness - the complete package.

Speaking of complete package here are the Mary Ann and Ginger I am speaking about.
But first, a poem.

Oooh UPS just arrived with some holiday cheer.
Wrapped within a box and a box and a box so dear.
I ask my hubby to do the honors since this is his forte.
Making me happy is his wish each and every day.
He always succeeds beyond my wildest dreams.

He is my most cherished gift, we are a great team.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.02.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.08.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.07.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.10.48 AM.png

Oliver is licking his mouth so yummy I think this is food for me he is thinking yummmmmmm
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.11.05 AM.png

Wait, this doesn't look like food, hmmmm
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.09.38 AM.png

Darn, another sparkly thing for mommy! Daddy spoils her. Maybe there's food in this bag for me, let me look.
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 7.09.56 AM.png

Being held by Greg.

maryannandgingerandgreg.png

In front of our tree which is still up.
They have soft pastel colors and are very glowy.

maryannandgingerinfrontofourtree.png

I am having trouble capturing their beauty in photos. I have been spoiled by Bubbalah who is as easy as pie to photograph. She doesn't take a bad photo.

Mary Ann in the car.

maryannonmyearinthecar.png

Mary Ann outside.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 6.54.33 AM.png

(my ears turn red in the cold).

Ginger in the kitchen.
Getting a left ear selfie is the most challenging of selfies lol.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 6.51.59 AM.png

Perspective shot.

maryannperspectiveshotoutside.png

Profile shot.

profileofstuds.png

As with all things old cut they are little chameleons changing in each environment. I am getting to know their personalities.

Their stats:

4.52CTW EDWARDIAN OLD EUROPEAN DIAMOND EARRINGS, GIA K VVS2

Ohhhh @missy !
These are just magnificent.
Good show.
I was scrolling through insta today and they stopped me in my tracks photographed with Bubbalah who I instantly recognized!
I’m so happy they became fast friends.
Perhaps Bubbalah is the “millionaires wife” to Ginger and MaryAnn....

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Surely you have a polishing cloth or even a clean dish-drying cloth? I know what you're saying, I have big trouble with posts. And you don't want to mark those up because they are FABULOUS! And the cat!! I almost don't know which enchanted me more. The earrings are off the chart gorgeous. But that cat!!??

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swooon!! Those are GORGE!:kiss2::kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You stayed the course and these were waiting for you to find them! The diamonds are just stunning and perfect on you and I ADORE AND LOVE the settings!!! They make my heart skip a little beat. And I think the studs are perfect for you and now we are stud sisters! :bigsmile:
You are the true beauty! Wishing you and Greg much fun, enjoyment and love!

Exactly!!!

Aww thank you! I guess I have shown I can be (very) patient (when it comes to bling at least). I mean I waited years to get Bubbalah. But to be fair I didn't know exactly what I wanted this go around til I saw these so I don't think I deserve the credit of being patient in this case. Though I didn't rush and get something I wasn't sure I wanted so in that way I guess I was patient. When I saw them I sort of just knew but had to take a breath and contemplate before I leaped. I am definitely an enigma wrapped up in a conundrum at times. :lol: And I know you girls get me.

Now that’s what I’m talking about!! :lol: I keep coming back to see more pics and was going to say so when I saw this!!!! Gahhhh :clap:just sublime. The prettiest pastels and cuts. I’m. In. Love.

Thank you sweet @Slick1! This is just but one feature I love about old cuts. Those colors are mesmerizing and IRL even more so. I swear I cannot capture their true beauty. I was hesitant to even start this thread as none of the photos I took did them justice. The video is definitely the better showcase of their old cut charm.

Wow, just WOW!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Thank you! I appreciate your exclamatory compliment!

It’s like the mama and her babies!! How would you describe them in comparison to each other?

Haha, mama and her babies. Love it @nala. How would I describe them in comparison to each other. They complement each other very well. A triple chunky delight I guess is the best description. Triple Chunkalicious delight. Triple the yummy. :bigsmile:

Gorgeous!!! So big. So elegant. So beautiful.
They look so refined on you.
And I loooooooove the groupshot with your mighty solitaire

Thank you so very much @Acinom! I admire your gorgeous collection which is swoon worthy and I am honored at your lovely compliment.

That family shot with Bubbalah is something else. Incredible. Best wishes to you and Greg for a healthy new year.

Thank you @Kim N. All the best to you and your lovely family as well.

Saw that on your IG post and believe I fainted! Glorious!!!

Thank you @Imyracle! I wasn't going to post on IG yet but I wanted to share a video here and when I tried youtube it just downgraded the quality too much so I just went ahead and shared on IG.

These are KILLER!!! I love! Congrats, Missy....you deserve these (and more)!

Aww I appreciate that and thank you! And same to you!

Oh my goodness these are divine!!

They look perfect on you! I think these were meant to me!!

And its really fun to see your set all together. They interact so nicely as a group.

Enjoy! And may 2021 be a brighter year!

Dear @RunningwithScissors thank you! And I am looking forward to seeing your new project as it unfolds. It is going to be stunning.
As for interacting nicely as a group yes, they definitely play together much better than Oliver does with Tommy! Which brings me to this...
Surely you have a polishing cloth or even a clean dish-drying cloth? I know what you're saying, I have big trouble with posts. And you don't want to mark those up because they are FABULOUS! And the cat!! I almost don't know which enchanted me more. The earrings are off the chart gorgeous. But that cat!!??

Thank you! Do you want Oliver? I am more than happy to wrap him up and drive him to you personally! LOL!
And yes, that's a good suggestion. I have many polishing cloths and will try that. I have just been using my fingers and even making sure they are clean they leave fingerprints. Probably because I moisturize them all day due to my very dry skin so even washing them doesn't get that moisturizer completely off. Thank you for the suggestion. And let me know about Oliver? K? I'll throw in cat food for him forever. :lol:

olivercloseup.png

oliverongregshand.png

OMG......

1609632421448.png

Thank you!
taverymuch.gif

Ohhhh @missy !
These are just magnificent.
Good show.
I was scrolling through insta today and they stopped me in my tracks photographed with Bubbalah who I instantly recognized!
I’m so happy they became fast friends.
Perhaps Bubbalah is the “millionaires wife” to Ginger and MaryAnn....

Thank you @Efleon. Haha Bubbalah is very recognizable. LOL perhaps she is but she isn't uppity in any way of that I can assure you :)

Simply magnificent!

Thank you @caf!

Swooon!! Those are GORGE!:kiss2::kiss2:

Thanks so much @Phoenix!
Weird suggestion but you could always get rubber gloves! I bought a fifty pack of surgical gloves and I used them for really finicky screw backs I have long since gotten rid of....

Dare I call this...the holy trinity of bling??

Off to pay penance...:lol:

Good suggestion and we have disposable gloves due to Tommy's meds that one cannot handle without gloves. I''ll give it a whirl, thank you. And haha no need to pay penance when one speaks the truth :lol:...uh oh am I in trouble now? :x2 :halo:

Sorry, I would’ve commented sooner but I had to recover from swooning!

Will you adopt me?

Yes! Happy to! I just told Greg now we have someone to take care of us in our old age. :lol:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4.52ctwOldEuropeanStuds.jpg

@missy I believe these are the first eleven prong settings I've ever seen. Your earrings have 22 of the smallest, most beautiful prongs ever made!

They are so small you can hardly see them, their spacing and presence actually adds to the beauty of the earrings. It had to be an old world master jeweler who set your diamonds!

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! The diamonds in the studs remind me of flowing water. The earrings' settings are a marvel, too. You can see the maker's hand in the form of metal. So very pretty. Congratulations @missy !

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy! Oh my word!

The photo of your three beauties together hits me somewhere between 'mouth watering' and 'tears in my eyes'!

I am SO glad you got these! If ever anyone needed and DESERVED a major pick-me-up - it's you, my friend! Together with Bubbalah....well, let's just say, I want to name this trio HUBBA HUBBA-lah!

And, let's face it, they're so you. Everything about them says 'Missy'.

So now you have to tell us....how does it feel to be someone who springs to mind when people look at big, gorgeous, old world diamonds?!

Well done on this stunning purchase. I wish you years and years and years of happy wearing and enjoyment. <3

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Missy they are just divine. Ginger and Maryanne never looked so good . What a beautiful present, enjoy and Happy New Year to you both.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful Missy! Wear them in much health and happiness!

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
gingermaryanne1.jpg

Some of you might not know who they are (if you're interested check out Gilligan's Island).

Speaking of complete package here are the Mary Ann and Ginger I am speaking about.
But first, a poem.

Oliver is licking his mouth so yummy I think this is food for me he is thinking yummmmmmm

Darn, another sparkly thing for mommy! Daddy spoils her. Maybe there's food in this bag for me, let me look.

Being held by Greg.

I am having trouble capturing their beauty in photos. I have been spoiled by Bubbalah who is as easy as pie to photograph. She doesn't take a bad photo.

Mary Ann in the car.

Mary Ann outside.

Ginger in the kitchen.

Perspective shot.

Profile shot.

profileofstuds.png

As with all things old cut they are little chameleons changing in each environment. I am getting to know their personalities.

Their stats:

gingermaryanne1.jpg

But first, a poem.

Being held by Greg.

Mary Ann in the car.

Mary Ann outside.

Ginger in the kitchen.

Perspective shot.

Profile shot.

profileofstuds.png

Their stats:

Missy, You are a Grand Master in UNICORN HUNTING/ CAPTURING ! Just Amazing

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
So happy for you, Missy!! Wow!
They seem like they were made just for you! They look beautiful on you! So worth the hunt and the wait!
I love the gorgeous facet patterns and pastel reflections and together with Bubbalah they are the perfect partners in crime! That photo of the three together is amazing!
Honestly, they seem to be a once in a lifetime find, just like your timeless ring!
I hope they bring you much joy!

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
So stunning! And those prongs are something really great. Wow. Congrats and enjoy!!

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Love the family picture and how the blue ring box plays off the colors of the OEC.... I only have MRBs in my collection, but your pictures are opening up my world to the beauty of OECs.

In daylight, do you notice any warmth at all? I’m just wondering how do the earrings compare as far as warmth to a K MRB?

Enjoy and wishing you a great year of fun with M and G!
:):appl:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, your new earrings are stunning!!!! They light up your ears!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Well now, they are for sure the most beautiful earrings I've ever seen! Thank you for taking the time to show the unwrapping of the boxes, that was fun! @missy obviously I don't know you but whenever I've come across your posts over the years, you are always so warm and supportive towards your fellow P'sers, you seem like such a lovely person and just so deserving of such beautiful things. Enjoy wearing Ginger and Mary-Anne, they look wonderful on you! Oh and your cat is gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect in every way!

You could search for a hundred years and not find a more fabulous set of matching OECs. :love:

Thank you so much @prs!

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStuds.jpg

@missy I believe these are the first eleven prong settings I've ever seen. Your earrings have 22 of the smallest, most beautiful prongs ever made!

They are so small you can hardly see them, their spacing and presence actually adds to the beauty of the earrings. It had to be an old world master jeweler who set your diamonds!

I love the way you description @prs. And I love that it might have been an old world master who set these diamonds. If only they could talk :) Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

Thud!! :kiss2:These are jaw dropping and gorgeous missy!! So glad you found exactly what you were looking for! I agree with Greg to give the studs a chance as is - they are stunning, a perfect size on your lobe and the original settings are just TDF! Congrats and wear them in good health!

Thank you @ac117! I appreciate it very much!

Stunning! The diamonds in the studs remind me of flowing water. The earrings' settings are a marvel, too. You can see the maker's hand in the form of metal. So very pretty. Congratulations @missy !

Thank you @asterismdispersion! I love your flowing water depiction and I can picture it in my mind's eye.

Oh @missy! Oh my word!

The photo of your three beauties together hits me somewhere between 'mouth watering' and 'tears in my eyes'!

I am SO glad you got these! If ever anyone needed and DESERVED a major pick-me-up - it's you, my friend! Together with Bubbalah....well, let's just say, I want to name this trio HUBBA HUBBA-lah!

And, let's face it, they're so you. Everything about them says 'Missy'.

So now you have to tell us....how does it feel to be someone who springs to mind when people look at big, gorgeous, old world diamonds?!

Well done on this stunning purchase. I wish you years and years and years of happy wearing and enjoyment. <3

Aww thank you @mrs-b. Haha I love it-Hubba hubba bubba law :lol: So many PSers have a great way with words and you know you are at the top of that list. Thank you for your kind and generous comments and for your friendship too. It means a lot to me. All we are going through and I know (unfortunately) you get it. Continued healing hugs being sent your way. Wishing for us all a healthier and sweeter 2021.

Oh Missy they are just divine. Ginger and Maryanne never looked so good . What a beautiful present, enjoy and Happy New Year to you both.

Thank you @Monnyjay and a happy New Year to you as well.

They are beautiful Missy! Wear them in much health and happiness!

Thank you @iluvcarats! Much appreciated! Wishing you much health and blingy joy too.

Missy, You are a Grand Master in UNICORN HUNTING/ CAPTURING ! Just Amazing

Aww thanks. And since I am no longer searching for myself I am available (of course I was always available to help even when I was searching for myself lol) to help search for others! Just saying ;-) So if you would like me to hunt for you please don't hesitate to ask. :)

So happy for you, Missy!! Wow!
They seem like they were made just for you! They look beautiful on you! So worth the hunt and the wait!
I love the gorgeous facet patterns and pastel reflections and together with Bubbalah they are the perfect partners in crime! That photo of the three together is amazing!
Honestly, they seem to be a once in a lifetime find, just like your timeless ring!
I hope they bring you much joy!

Thank you so much @Bluemuse. You are so kind. Haha yes they are the perfect partners in crime. I have to get used to not seeing them on my ears though and that is hard to do. I prefer looking at them in the box or on my hand lol. Unlike dangles I cannot see them on myself as easily when I look in a mirror or catch my reflection somewhere. LOL crazy I know. I so appreciate your good wishes, thank you.

So stunning! And those prongs are something really great. Wow. Congrats and enjoy!!

Thank you very much @Bruin Ring.

Love the family picture and how the blue ring box plays off the colors of the OEC.... I only have MRBs in my collection, but your pictures are opening up my world to the beauty of OECs.

In daylight, do you notice any warmth at all? I’m just wondering how do the earrings compare as far as warmth to a K MRB?

Enjoy and wishing you a great year of fun with M and G!
:):appl:

Thank you. I am very color sensitive so I do notice the warmth from the sides but not face up and the setting is such that it doesn't bother me in the least.

This photo captures their warmth best.

profileofmaryannandginger.png

Compared to a K MRB there is (for me) no contest. I see yellow in a K MRB generally and it bothers me. A K OEC is a different thing altogether. Calling @LLJsmom here if she would like to elaborate as she has (the most gorgeous) a K OEC beauty that illustrates just how stunning K can be in an OEC. It comes down to personal preference of course and there is no right or wrong. And I do not want anyone to feel insulted just because for me a K MRB doesn't work. Since you are asking me my thoughts I am sharing. For me, an OEC shows warmth in an entirely different way. The soft colors that emanate from the stone, the depth of the chunky faceting and the glow that seemingly emanates from OECs is incredible. But of course it depends on the stone and its specific characteristics. I am generalizing and one must see each stone to decide for oneself what one thinks. I reiterate there is no right or wrong it's just what makes your heart sing.

Here's a quick RLP shot from yesterday. I was freezing my you know what off after we ran errands (it was a cold and drizzly day yesterday) but asked Greg to take a quick photo before we went back inside for the day. To illustrate how it looks from a distance.

maryannonmyearoutsideinfrontyard.png

And inside in front of our winter tree which we are keeping up for a while...being a "winter tree" as my friend @rainwood pointed out we can keep it up for as long as we want. Hahaha I'm going with that. :)

triplechunkydelightbythetree.png

Missy, your new earrings are stunning!!!! They light up your ears!

Thank you so much @DiaDiva!

Well now, they are for sure the most beautiful earrings I've ever seen! Thank you for taking the time to show the unwrapping of the boxes, that was fun! @missy obviously I don't know you but whenever I've come across your posts over the years, you are always so warm and supportive towards your fellow P'sers, you seem like such a lovely person and just so deserving of such beautiful things. Enjoy wearing Ginger and Mary-Anne, they look wonderful on you! Oh and your cat is gorgeous!

Thank you @GeorgieQ that is very kind of you to say. Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments and generous compliments.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Missy!! Those are AMAZING!!! I didn't realize that your thread was about your earrings. I thought it was somehow in the wrong forum.
They are a perfect addition to your voluminous and fantastic collection! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Missy!! Those are AMAZING!!! I didn't realize that your thread was about your earrings. I thought it was somehow in the wrong forum.
They are a perfect addition to your voluminous and fantastic collection! :appl:

Haha I wanted it to be a mysterious (and hopefully delightful) surprise. :)
Thank you for your lovely comments @Rubies-R-Me.

I am in awe of all of you who can get ear selfies so clear and beautiful.
I will keep trying but so far it eludes me.
Hope no one minds my amateur photography. :oops:

Outside in the front yard the other day.
(You cannot see lobe underneath but it is just the weird selfie angle).

maryannonmyearoutside.jpeg.png

Ginger who is even harder to photograph being on my left ear.

gingeronmyleftearoutside.jpeg.png

Inside in the kitchen this morning.

maryanninthekitchen.png

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ahh, they're gorgeous! Perfect stones, perfect settings.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful.. congrats.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous. Dazzling!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, they're gorgeous! Perfect stones, perfect settings.

Thanks @elrohwen.

Absolutely beautiful.. congrats.

Thank you @elle_chris.

So gorgeous. Dazzling!

Thanks @KristinTech!

I took another selfie while hiking. Why? Two reasons. One I suck at earring selfies so I want to keep trying and two because it's fun. One more reason. Three, it's also now empty as in no people right now in the woods while we are hiking. :)

oecstudhiking.png

I also take photos of my DH when we are hiking :)

greghikingjanuary2021.jpeg.png

When we got back from our hike a quick RLP shot.

OECRLPinfrontofcar.png

I am officially selfied and bling photo'd out now and thank you all who took the time to check out my newest OEC purchase. Much appreciated.

Wishing you all blingy joy and good health.
May your bling dreams continue coming true.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

sparklygif.gif

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Wow just wow!
Thanks for answering questions about K MRB vs K OEC.

I guess what you give up slightly in diameter on the OEC you gain in less warmth?

The sparkle factor is definitely there. I think a PSer said an OEC is like a kaleidoscope vs an MRB is like a disco ball?

Another thing I’m curious about is in the GIA certs for OECs, the best I’ve seen are Good for symmetry or polish except for the newly cut ones like DG or VC which are ideal. Do you feel like it’s because they are antique cuts instead of modern cuts? Just trying to understand the ratings but your stones just blow everything away so I’m trying to put it in perspective.

=)2

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh myyyyy..... beautiful is not enough to describe your studs!!! And your ring too!! Thats what a dream looks like!!!

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Wishing you every happiness wearing them and staring at them! "The girls" are gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results