shape
carat
color
clarity

When it comes to your wedding what are your non-negotiables if any?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 12:27:02 PM
Author: tlh
The groom. I didn''t want to change that.
Depends on who the replacement is.

*Dreamy sigh over Simon Baker*.

12.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 2:34:17 PM
Author: Pandora II
1) The venue - I wanted somewhere historic that wasn''t a hotel and as atheists, we wanted a ceremony site that looked like a church but wasn''t one. I''d had my eye on my venue for at least 10 years so I didn''t even go to look round before it was booked.

2) Invitations - hand-engraved and very traditional (my major splurge that meant a huge amount to me but probably wouldn''t to most people)

3) My dress and accessories - didn''t actually cost that much but a lot of time and effort went into them and everything was either custom to my design or antique. My veil was expensive (£250) but as it is handmade lace from 1880 it was actually very cheap since it is in perfect condition and I hope that my daughter and possible grand-daughters will wear it one day.

4) DH''s outfit and what guests wore - I wanted as many of our male guests as possible to wear morning suit and the women to wear hats, which almost everyone did. It wasn''t something I could control, but it was important to me. DH was happy to wear whatever I wanted him to and actually loves his suit which should last him a lifetime (my father wore the same morning suit that both he and his father had worn for their own weddings which meant a lot to me)

Cake, favours, flowers etc were all DIY so I knew I''d get what I wanted.
27.gif
Pandora, I loved your dress and especially the veil! Can you post a link for others to see?
LS

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 9:14:55 AM
Author: Porridge
FI has notions of wearing a white suit.

There will be no white suits.

If I have to stand outside the church with a can of black spray paint, I will.
Hahaha!!! You crack me up! For some reason Japanese wear white suits. It makes me cringe. They also like to wear waistcoats. I think these are best saved for a lovely countryside wedding in the UK. Not Asians.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Mine is
1. the venue, also included is the food - done by a world reknown 5 star chef
2. the photographer!!!!!
3. I would not negotiate the date, so paid more for that specific one.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 12:27:02 PM
Author: tlh
The groom. I didn''t want to change that.
This is exactly what I thought of when I read the title''s thread!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 2:48:26 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Pandora, I loved your dress and especially the veil! Can you post a link for others to see?
LS
Thank you - here''s the link...

I''ve never posted any of the pro-pics I''m afraid - I''ve been involved in a huge and ongoing legal battle with my employer that totally ruined our honeymoon and DH and I haven''t wanted to even look at them till things are less depressing. I don''t want to have any negative thoughts associated with my wedding, so as yet we haven''t even looked at the proofs...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ‘Right’ Dress.
Beautiful flowers
Great Hairstyling and Makeup
Wonderful Photographers.
Excellent Food.
I got all that and more. Amazing weather, fabulous cake, beautiful venue, great wine….. I was very lucky

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:13:33 PM

LS

I''ve never posted any of the pro-pics I''m afraid - I''ve been involved in a huge and ongoing legal battle with my employer that totally ruined our honeymoon and DH and I haven''t wanted to even look at them till things are less depressing. I don''t want to have any negative thoughts associated with my wedding, so as yet we haven''t even looked at the proofs...
OOOH and the TIARA! That slipped my mind! Love the veil fabric, all of the fabric in fact. Am a bit of a seamstress/fabric buff myself. Beautiful. Thanks for the re-post!

(sorry deelight: mini threadjack over!)

LS

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, my "non-negotiable" of staying in my budget went out the window as I discovered all the other non-negotiables like interesting venue and great photographer.

I do not regret the decisions I've made as I think it will be a really beautiful and memorable day, but I think that if five months ago someone had given me two pieces of paper:

A - the wedding I will end up with and the TOTAL cost of the day including planning trips and other incidentals

B - the cost of a small wedding in a pastor's office with our parents and siblings and the option of starting a travel fund with all this money.

I might have chosen paper B. We could have gone on four or five FANTASTIC vacations for the price of this wedding, and I really love to travel! I think I may have chosen to have the event at a country club as well, which would have been a lot cheaper and less of a headache.

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
An awesome photographer. And he is awesome!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:26:57 PM
Date: 3/26/2009 7:13:33 PM

LS

OOOH and the TIARA! That slipped my mind! Love the veil fabric, all of the fabric in fact. Am a bit of a seamstress/fabric buff myself. Beautiful. Thanks for the re-post!

(sorry deelight: mini threadjack over!)

LS

Threadjack all you want :)

Pandora i love your wedding ensemble - one of my favourites ever :).

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great thread! (and i''ve missed it for days)
20.gif
I would have to say i am not stuck really on ANYTHING, except that my friends and family can be there.

I suppose this is because have a really really small budget, and that just means that I am going to have to get super creative with whatever i pick. I thought when we started this process that not getting exactly what i dreamed of might upset me, but honestly, it hasn''t bothered me a bit!!!

A couple of things i thought i would be strict about and have gone exactly the opposite way:

1. The Venue: I have always wanted to be married in early fall, outside on the beach (no church). Nope. I''ll be getting married inside in December in a church!!! The venue is a restaurant owned by friends and will be closed for a break, and therefore...free for us to use! (can''t beat that).

2. My dress: i thought i would wear a lacy romantic gown, and i tried on some lovely ones, but found a fabulous satin gown (way more glam than romantic) that was unbelievably priced, so i bought it. I am so very happy with my choice, and i never had a "this is the one" moment in dress shopping - i don''t think i ever would have.

So...mostly everything else is TBD, but i am pretty sure that whatever fits into the budget will be what we have, and that''s ok with us. I am just happy we are going to be able to have anything at all for friends and family to attend in such a rough economic time (both in the world, and for us specifically as well). I have a friend making my cake as a gift and another friend doing the flowers, and it''s been really fun just seeing what we can all come up with to make the day happen - it''s been a great bonding time for me with the people in my life.

Oh, and FI and I both work (me 2nd job, him full time) in the food and beverage industry, so I have never doubted that part will be exceptional!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results