shape
carat
color
clarity

When do you take off your e-ring?

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I take it off the second I walk in the door and it goes in the same spot (a ring holder in a drawer) every time. I'm constantly doing things around the house I wouldn't dream of wearing my ring doing so it's easier, and safer, to just remove them and put them back on right before I leave the house.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I only take mine off to do invasive procedures at work (spinal, epidural, or central line). Otherwise I wear it constantly. I've got a semi-bezel setting, so it's probably sturdier than tiny prongs. I'd rather be able to enjoy it all the time and replace the setting at some point if necessary, than leave it in a drawer while I'm at home.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I wear it all the time except for work, where I'm only allowed a plain band.

They are insured and I like to wear them as much as possible.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1310153603|2964903 said:
I wear it all the time except for work, where I'm only allowed a plain band.

They are insured and I like to wear them as much as possible.

I'm with rosetta, wear mine nearly constantly unless I'm kneading bread or other dough (very rare) or cleaning them. I work in an office setting, and my ring is insured, as well as both of our wedding bands. I could understand taking it off to garden, especially if you have melee diamonds. I usually wear gloves when cleaning (bad dust allergy) so that's not an issue.

Diamonds are a perfect 10 on the Mohs hardness scale, but they have four directions of cleavage, so if struck in just the right place, could split. I'm pretty sure early diamond cutters took advantage of the cleavage to cut them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results