shape
carat
color
clarity

When are you planning on starting a family?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2009 10:13:27 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
We''ve decided to start TTC after the new year when I know I''ll be eligible for FMLA in 9 months. So that''s about 6 months following the wedding. I went off BC a year ago and have been taking prenatals, so I think we''re pretty much good to go!
OMG! I''m so happy and so excited for you!

We''ve decided to TTC in a year and a half. By then we should have a house and a car and drop this downtown living lifestyle.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea we figure between now and the NY we''ll have also settled into the new place and finished getting the last of the furniture we need/want. Then it''s save, save, save until it''s baby time.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH has been bringing it up alot lately, he''s very clucky! I''m happy to wait a few more years, but then he''s 7 years older than me. I upped our health insurance last week to include full obstetric cover, and he nearly had kittens he was so excited!
20.gif

We''ve now been married 2 years, and will most likely start TTC mid to late next year. Exciting!
36.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 10:13:27 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
We''ve decided to start TTC after the new year when I know I''ll be eligible for FMLA in 9 months. So that''s about 6 months following the wedding. I went off BC a year ago and have been taking prenatals, so I think we''re pretty much good to go!
So an update to DH and I''s plan - We have decided that we will TTC in the summer. We were going to try to move before baby, but have decided to stay DC Gators and move once the little one is a bit older and/or the economy is settled.

But to HH''s point: for you ladies thinking about or TTC, don''t forget to let you OBGYN/Gyno in on your plans. Mine suggested I get off the BC 6 months before I wanted to get pregnant and start taking prenatal vitamins a couple months before. While 6 months off BC does not appeal to me due to folicile cyst (can you say pain) we agreed that 2-3 months off BC before I wanted to get pregnant would be ok, along with prenatal vitamins.

Just something to consider...

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
dcgator - I *think* (not sure), that doctors recommend you get off the pill 6 months before TTC because then you can become familiar with your cycle. they also say it might take a while for the body to get into a rhythm again (though this is not proven and I''m sure is different for every woman). I got preggers 2 months after stopping BC pills and there are women who get pregnant even before having their first normal period, so goes to show you doctors don''t know everything.

by the way, in smurfy''s "small vent" thread, I made the recommendation that maybe you change to another prenatal vitamin if this one is not making you feel well.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just picked up the cutest thing for my mom. As you all know DH and I are going to start TTC after the New Year. My mom has decided she wants to be called "Nana." I was just at a craft fair at my office and a vendor had REALLY nice metal picture albums that have a photo set into the cover. This one that I picked up had "Nana" written in frost on a window. When we''re PG and ready to tell my mom, I plan to send this to her with a note in it. Then she can start her collection of grandchild pictures.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH--That is SO cute, your mom is going to love it!

Our future kids are going to call my mom "Sugah Mama," my dad "Big Poppa." I guess I''ll have to custom make all of their gifts!
3.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 1:06:33 PM
Author: Haven
HH--That is SO cute, your mom is going to love it!

Our future kids are going to call my mom ''Sugah Mama,'' my dad ''Big Poppa.'' I guess I''ll have to custom make all of their gifts!
3.gif

CUTE!

My son just wrote an essay for school that started like this.

"My grandparents came to visit. Their names are Grammy and Poppy....."
The IL''s photocopied and framed it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results