shape
carat
color
clarity

When are you planning on starting a family?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Meresal''s having a baby! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Musincy, Lilac, cindy, Trill, sba77, H_H, princess- Thank you!!! All of the excitement in your posts brings more hapiness everytime I read it!!!
9.gif
Thank you!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Mers!!!!!!!!!!!!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Mer!!! Congrats!!!!

So romantic that you''re having a wedding night baby... I know that I *shouldn''t* start trying that soon, but I always dreamed of doing it!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 9:05:58 AM
Author: princesss
Meresal''s having a baby! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Congrats, Meresal!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

We''re going to start trying after 2 years of marriage...I''ll be 28 by the time we''re married and he''ll be 29. So, we''re looking at starting our family in our 30s. But it''ll be ok if either one of us changes our minds. We are a family with or without kids and we''re good with that.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yea Meresal!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
First off, congrats Miss Mer! Yeah for babies!

As for me and my husband (btw, I still love saying this), we plan on waiting a while. We know that we want to have one before I am 30, at the recommendation of my Dr., not to mention my desire. However, we plan on making our moving to either FL or TN to be near the grandparents before we start trying. After we make our move and get settled, we will start baby-making. We plan on trying to make our move next spring/summer, so that is really exciting for us. In the meantime, we are going to enjoy married, footloose life.
emwink.gif

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Meresal!

We are going to start trying this winter. I''ve been trying to prepare: reading, exercising more, etc. I want to do what I can to have a healthy baby. If I''m like my Mom, hopefully it will happen quickly (for both my sister and I, she got pregnant within a month). DH still has momentary freak outs--but every step we take, such as just purchasing life insurance, he seems to react this way...its mind blowing for him, all of these "adult" steps. Nevermind that we are both in our 30s, LOL. So, if all goes well, I''ll be 32 and he will be 35 for our first. Lately, he will look at me and say, you''re just ready for a baby, aren''t you? I respond yes, but not quite yet. If it happened by accident, then fine. But we have a few more things to do...like buying a home!

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to Meresal!
36.gif
so exciting!

re: planning a family

Supposedly "casually" trying right now (it''s really hard to be casual about it though). We''ll start getting serious about trying after "winging it" for a couple more months. That''s the plan. For now.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap! Congratulations on your pregnancy, Mere
36.gif
I guess this means we''re going to have to check out the other forum for pics of your soon-to-be growing belly
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Princessplease, Luckyeshe, dcgator, Amandine, cakeny- Thank you!!!

KatyWI- It definitely wasn''t in our plans to try that soon, but It''s a pretty speacial story for us to always have and we love it. Thank you Katy!!

Lanie- Thank you!! Can you believe it!?!?! LOL!!!

pocahontas- Thank you!! Tha "other forum", lol, what a hoot! No pictures yet, I''m still trying to decide if my belly has grown or if it''s still the 5 lbs I gained while on our honeymoon cruise
28.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
OMG wow congrats mere, please keep us updated!!!!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I would like children as soon as possible. We''ve been together for almost 8 years. We''ve enjoyed our time as a couple without dependants for so long now that even though we are JUST married, I would love to have children.

I''m 29 and he is 32 so I feel like we should get a move on. However, I think we are going to run into major difficulties trying to conceive. I am obese and have had mestrual problems for the last 4 years. My period just stopped for no apparent reason. I have been back and forth to the doctors, had scans etc but they say all is normal. On average I am having 2 periods a year, usually about 6 months apart. It''s so frustrating because from the age of 11 I was regular and heavy every month.

I am having a cycle now which is promising. On my honeymoon I noticed traces. How typical...luckily we had already enjoyed married life "pleasures" so it didn''t ruin that aspect of the honeymoon! (TMI sorry!)

I am going to make a big effort to try and lose weight and hope my cycle returns to normal so we can try soon.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 6:05:55 AM
Author: merrymunky
I would like children as soon as possible. We''ve been together for almost 8 years. We''ve enjoyed our time as a couple without dependants for so long now that even though we are JUST married, I would love to have children.

I''m 29 and he is 32 so I feel like we should get a move on. However, I think we are going to run into major difficulties trying to conceive. I am obese and have had mestrual problems for the last 4 years. My period just stopped for no apparent reason. I have been back and forth to the doctors, had scans etc but they say all is normal. On average I am having 2 periods a year, usually about 6 months apart. It''s so frustrating because from the age of 11 I was regular and heavy every month.

I am having a cycle now which is promising. On my honeymoon I noticed traces. How typical...luckily we had already enjoyed married life ''pleasures'' so it didn''t ruin that aspect of the honeymoon! (TMI sorry!)

I am going to make a big effort to try and lose weight and hope my cycle returns to normal so we can try soon.
merrymunky, You should look into Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Losing weight is one of the best ways to manage PCOS anyway but if you talk to a doctor, there are other things to help with it.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 9:08:32 AM
Author: lucyandroger

I am having a cycle now which is promising. On my honeymoon I noticed traces. How typical...luckily we had already enjoyed married life ''pleasures'' so it didn''t ruin that aspect of the honeymoon! (TMI sorry!)

merrymunky, You should look into Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Losing weight is one of the best ways to manage PCOS anyway but if you talk to a doctor, there are other things to help with it.

That was ruled out 2 years ago following an external and internal scan. It''s crazy. If it isn''t that, then I have no other theories other than being too large. I will be going back to complan again soon though, especially now I am married and desperate for a family.

Oh and Meresal!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Meresal!!!!
36.gif

And though I am not a newlywed either (wedding = 6/26/2010), I will chime in
3.gif

FI and I have set some pretty strong (though reachable) goals, IMO. We are only 23 now (and will be 23 when we get married.) First goal is a house, which we will buy next Fall. Next goal - FI is an electrical engineer and must work for 4 years as an understudy before getting his professional license. That is his main goal pre-baby, which he will accomplish 3 years after getting married. Another goal that I have for us prior to children is a trip to Europe (as soon as possible after our house,)and the very last thing we want to do before TTC is a trip to either Hawaii or USBVI (we might even start TTC on that trip
3.gif
)

I know this sounds like a lot....but this puts us at about age 28-29 to have our first baby (assuming TTC goes well, God willing...I am a big believer that if its meant to happen earlier/not at all, well, that must be taken into account.) We want three kids close together so hopefully will be finished early 30s.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
laughwithme, i love that you have all the things you want to do mapped out (including vacas!) :) Hope it all works out for you :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Based on my responses in the other thread, you guys already know I don''t want kids. But if something crazy were to happen and my mind changed, it wouldn''t be until age 33-35 or so. I''m almost 27 right now, with 2.5 years left in my residency program, and I wouldn''t dream of that until after I have been working a "real" (non-residency) job for several years. Having time alone as a married couple as well as building a solid financial base are both extremely important to me...which is why I too don''t understand it when people stop birth control right after the wedding or honeymoon. But to each their own - it''s a valid choice just like mine is, and I won''t judge someone for following whatever they feel is their path in life!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 7:02:03 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Having time alone as a married couple as well as building a solid financial base are both extremely important to me...which is why I too don't understand it when people stop birth control right after the wedding or honeymoon.
jstarfireb keep in mind that many couples have already been together for many years and already have a solid financial base. DH and I have lived together for 7 years, own our home together, make good money and just got married this month. so married life is hardly different for us to what we had before. I could understand why for others in a similar situation it would be the next logical step to start a family. if as a married couple you have just started living together and still need to establish the financial base, then yes I agree with you. it is also very important to me to go on many vacations as a couple and enjoy being together.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
OMG, I haven''t been on here since before the wedding, cause well you all know it just gets soooo busy!!!! So as my first time back, I was happily surprised to see a newlywed forum, and even happier to see that Mer is Pregnant, CONGRATS MER! What a wonderful welcome back to pricescope for me
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

My DH and I have talked about kids a lot. We both know that it is our dream to start a family, but I think I am ready a little earlier than he is. I could get pregnant right now, but DH wants to wait to two years. In reality it is a little too soon for me, so we will most likely get pregant in 12-18 months. I am on an IUD, so it will be completely planned as I will have to go to the doctor and have it removed when we are ready to start trying. For now I am pushing for a puppy, we have to prepare ourselves
2.gif

We have a house, and I have a great job, that supports having families (they prefer I wait two years, which fits our plan), and just found out last night that my DH got a promotion at work... he does contract work, and got hired on by the company for a better job full time - yay no more contracts (its really stressfull when the contract is almost over, and you don''t know if you have a job or not in the next month, but we don''t ever have to worry about that again) I am so proud of him ;-)

I know we will make super parents, but I also know that right now (8 weeks into being married) I am still too selfish to have a baby... I don''t think that selfishness goes away though until you know there is a little one growing inside you.

I''m happy to be back here!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 2:46:10 AM
Author: noelwr

Having time alone as a married couple as well as building a solid financial base are both extremely important to me...which is why I too don''t understand it when people stop birth control right after the wedding or honeymoon.
jstarfireb keep in mind that many couples have already been together for many years and already have a solid financial base. DH and I have lived together for 7 years, own our home together, make good money and just got married this month. so married life is hardly different for us to what we had before. I could understand why for others in a similar situation it would be the next logical step to start a family. if as a married couple you have just started living together and still need to establish the financial base, then yes I agree with you. it is also very important to me to go on many vacations as a couple and enjoy being together.
Ditto! At 36, with our own house, solid finances and 5 years living together I didn''t have time to hang about too long if we were going to play mummies and daddies!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hubby and I are thinking of having a kidlet in the next year or two before I graduate med school. I've been asking around, and apparently the best time during the medical career is the last year of medical school since you technically don't have a job and therefore little outside responsibility. I also didn't want to wait until after I finished my residency, even though I'm a young un. My DH is ready, my parents and grandparents are MORE than ready to have a next generation, and I love the idea of being a mom. DH and I have been living together for awhile, and we've been together for my entire legal adult life, haha, so while I'm sure we'll miss our alone time, I think a child would just enrich our relationship.

Now I'm just trying to learn about the logistical issues of being pregnant. Like how to find an OB I like, where I want to deliver, if our insurance coverage is adequate etc. What can I say, I like to be really prepared before I start into something!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 7:14:38 PM
Author: dreaming of the day
OMG, I haven't been on here since before the wedding, cause well you all know it just gets soooo busy!!!! So as my first time back, I was happily surprised to see a newlywed forum, and even happier to see that Mer is Pregnant, CONGRATS MER! What a wonderful welcome back to pricescope for me
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Thank you mam!
9.gif
Welcome back!

MTG- Good luck with everything! All of your questions can be answered by the women over in "Family, Health and Home". They have all been there at one point
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 12:27:39 AM
Author: Pandora II
Date: 9/27/2009 2:46:10 AM

Author: noelwr

Having time alone as a married couple as well as building a solid financial base are both extremely important to me...which is why I too don''t understand it when people stop birth control right after the wedding or honeymoon.

Ditto! At 36, with our own house, solid finances and 5 years living together I didn''t have time to hang about too long if we were going to play mummies and daddies!

Ah, of course, I was wrongfully assuming all newlywed couples are like my husband and I (young and financially insecure)...d''oh! He has a lot of loans to pay off and neither of us have any substantial savings, and we got married right out of med school after being together for 4 and a half years. All of this put together is why I can''t imagine why people would want to have a kid right after marriage, but of course not everyone is in the same situation as we are.

I still believe there''s something to be said for living as a married couple without trying to get pregnant, even if you''ve lived together before the wedding, because for some people the act of getting married itself changes the relationship. I prefer to take one major life change at a time.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb - you are a wise woman! you and your husband are going to have a wonderful married life with a foundation of many good decisions.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, noelwr - you''re very kind, and that made my day!

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ladies! I didn''t even know this board existed- it''s nice to have a landing pad after BWW. DH and I have decided to wait 3 years or so. I''m 30 and he''s 27, so we want to start before things start to get harder for me, but we want to have some time together as well before we start TTC.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I''m smiling while reading this because I was in the "will wait til 27 to have a baby" camp. I''m now 35 and my hubby and I are ttc after being married for 12 years (together 14yrs). Time just flew by and we really enjoyed our us time/finish school/buy a house/get financially ready. I guess the time to be ready for us was when time was running out.

Paz

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 11:49:27 AM

Date: 9/2/2009 9:08:32 AM
Author: lucyandroger

That was ruled out 2 years ago following an external and internal scan. It''s crazy. If it isn''t that, then I have no other theories other than being too large. I will be going back to complan again soon though, especially now I am married and desperate for a family.

Oh and Meresal!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Merrymunky - I also ditto the PCOS idea... you can have PCOS even if you don''t have any cysts! Because it is a syndrome there are many different ways a woman can express PCOS and you really need specific bloodwork done in order to have it diagnosed. If you google PCOS you will find a ton of great info on all the different symptoms that are associated with it.
34.gif
It took 5 doctors and 3 years for me to get diagnosed!!! Good luck to you!

DH and I have been married two months and are in our early thirties. I have PCOS and have been told to TTC before 35 for the best chance at having a child. We''ve decided that we will try next summer when DH gets back from deployment (Navy) and will likely just try for one. Hopefully it won''t take any extraordinary measures for us to get PG!
32.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ve decided to start TTC after the new year when I know I''ll be eligible for FMLA in 9 months. So that''s about 6 months following the wedding. I went off BC a year ago and have been taking prenatals, so I think we''re pretty much good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results