shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite cocktail?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't decide if this thread should go in Hangout or here ... but since it kind of includes recipes, I figured this would be the best place.

What is your favorite mixed drink? For some reason I can't *stand* the taste of hard alcohol, except for tequila - specifically margaritas
18.gif
I usually mix the following (sorry I don't know how many ounces I'm mixing; I just use a standard shot glass to measure):

juice from 1 lime (sometimes I add some lime juice out of a bottle if the lime is really small)
1/2 shot of Triple Sec
1.5 shots of tequila (I
30.gif
Patron, but who doesn't?)

It's kind of like a margarita-martini, since it's pretty minimal on the mixers. I looove these and probably make one or two a week (especially now that the weather's getting nicer).

What's your favorite? Post your drink recipes!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I'm a big fan of gin gimlets! I usually muddle 4 lime quarters (so basically one lime) with some sugar (sometimes I'll throw in something else as well...ginger, mint, cucumber, cilantro, etc.) to juice them, then shake it with a shot and a half of gin (hendricks is my gin of choice) and (if I haven't already added in something at the beginning) maybe half a shot of a liquor or flavored vodka if I want it to be a certain flavor. Nom!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 2:48:26 PM
Author: ladypirate
I''m a big fan of gin gimlets! I usually muddle 4 lime quarters (so basically one lime) with some sugar (sometimes I''ll throw in something else as well...ginger, mint, cucumber, cilantro, etc.) to juice them, then shake it with a shot and a half of gin (hendricks is my gin of choice) and (if I haven''t already added in something at the beginning) maybe half a shot of a liquor or flavored vodka if I want it to be a certain flavor. Nom!
Mmm, that sounds good, LP! FI would love that. And I don''t think I''ve ever heard of a drink that mixed vodka and gin.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Classic sidecar:

1/3 fresh lemon juice (Meyer lemon is especially good)
1/3 triple sec (Cointreau or Grand Marnier are my favorites)
1/3 Cognac or Armagnac

shaken over ice, poured into a martini glass with a sugared rim. Classically garnished with a lemon twist and a maraschino cherry, although very few places add the cherry
1.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I love a tasty Midori Sour

1 part Midori
1 part sweet & sour mix
2 parts sprite

It''s so good! mmmm

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Great thread!
36.gif
I love home-made Sangrias! I thought it would be something hard to make but it really is easy. Here's the recipe we use and with summer around the corner (and now that I'm no longer prego) I can't wait to make up a pitcher of these!

1/2 cup brandy
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1/3 cup orange juice
1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
1/2 cup triple sec
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1 lime, sliced into rounds
1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
8 maraschino cherries
2 cups carbonated water (optional) OR use 7-UP or Sprite

DIRECTIONS
In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.

** Instead of the club soda and sugar we add 7-UP just before serving and it's yummy. Also, we add other kinds of fruit as well as what's listed. Mango, strawberries anything that floats your boat!
18.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great thread--
18.gif
!

Champagne of course--in the bottom of a flute, place some angostura bitters on top of a cube of sugar. Pour bubbly over . This is great to improve not so expensive sparkling wine. Cir royale is also good--fruit flavour liquor (cassis or raspberry) with sparkling wine. Yum.

Vodka martini--dry. Vodka anda splash of vermouth. Olives. Fruity cosmo''s re also refreshing.

I used to drink rusty nails and black russians, but can no longer tolerate them.

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
manhattan, up. never make at home. like having something i enjoy to the max when out.

mz

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Effen Black and Seven. It''s not exactly a sophisticated drink, but I l
30.gif
ve it.

Recipe:
- Effen Black
- Seven Up
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 6:02:47 PM
Author: Haven
Effen Black and Seven. It's not exactly a sophisticated drink, but I l
30.gif
ve it.

Recipe:
- Effen Black
- Seven Up
9.gif
What's Effen Black? Have I been hiding under a rock. Funny thing, I could ask DD when she comes home in a few, she'd tell me in a nano second. She's about to turn 21.
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. Filthy Grey Goose Martini. Not picky about the recipe. With a whole bunch of blue cheese stuffed olives.

...nom, nom, nom...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Margarita or a Club Special!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Bombay sapphire martini, with olive(s)
Gin and tonic with lime
Good glass of red wine

I know a lot of people don''t like gin, but I love it. Must be my underlying Englishness coming out. I don''t care for sweet drinks, but DH does, so most of the time the waiters try to switch my dry martini with his strawberry margarita
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a S*x on the beach girl-vodka, peach schnapps, orange and cranberry juice-yummy!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have more than one favorite....

Vanilla Lemon Drops: vanilla vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup. Usually mixed to taste.

Peach Daquiri: My husband makes these, not sure of his measurements, but it''s more like a martini than daquiri: white rum, peach schnapps, simple syrup, lime juice. It''s about 95% booze and 5% juice/sugar. They are yum but will knock you on your butt if you''re not paying attention to how many you''ve had.

Grapefruit Vodka Tonic: Grapefruit vodka (absolut) and tonic. That''s it. So yummy and my favorite for summer.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I rarely drink, when I do it''s a spicy ceasar with stuffed green olives and pickled asparagus or a mojito

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 3:54:06 PM
Author: pinkstars
I love a tasty Midori Sour

1 part Midori
1 part sweet & sour mix
2 parts sprite

It's so good! mmmm
mmmmm....
1.gif
But mine is an Amaretto Sour! I don't know how to make it, I just order it everywhere. But I think it's the same but substitute Amaretto for the Midori. I don't drink much because I don't like tasting alcohol (tastes like poison) but I love how sour mix covers it up!

BTW, FAV line from the movie I Love You, Man was when John Favreau (spelling?) orders a drink for his his wife and says "anything with sour miix for the lady"
9.gif
That's me!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 4:49:17 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Great thread--
18.gif
!

Champagne of course--in the bottom of a flute, place some angostura bitters on top of a cube of sugar. Pour bubbly over . This is great to improve not so expensive sparkling wine. Cir royale is also good--fruit flavour liquor (cassis or raspberry) with sparkling wine. Yum.

Vodka martini--dry. Vodka anda splash of vermouth. Olives. Fruity cosmo''s re also refreshing.

I used to drink rusty nails and black russians, but can no longer tolerate them.

cheers--Sharon

ooh! I love kir royales
18.gif
I had something called a "Fig Royale" a couple of weeks ago - it was fig liqueur and sparkling wine, and it was really tasty, I kind of want to try it at home now
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 5:30:34 PM
Author: movie zombie
manhattan, up. never make at home. like having something i enjoy to the max when out.

mz

That''s my DH''s drink! He''s super picky about how its made though - he doesn''t like Bourbon, so he specifies Rye with extra vermouth, or Canadian Whisky (preferably Crown Royal). Do you have a preference?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 6:38:13 PM
Author: basil
Bombay sapphire martini, with olive(s)

Gin and tonic with lime

Good glass of red wine

I know a lot of people don''t like gin, but I love it. Must be my underlying Englishness coming out. I don''t care for sweet drinks, but DH does, so most of the time the waiters try to switch my dry martini with his strawberry margarita
1.gif

OMG Basil LOL I just got the funniest image of you and your DH - you with your G&T and your DH with his girly pink strawberry margarita, complete with umbrella! Too funny
1.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 3:12:52 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Classic sidecar:

1/3 fresh lemon juice (Meyer lemon is especially good)

1/3 triple sec (Cointreau or Grand Marnier are my favorites)

1/3 Cognac or Armagnac

shaken over ice, poured into a martini glass with a sugared rim. Classically garnished with a lemon twist and a maraschino cherry, although very few places add the cherry
1.gif

Ditto!

I also like the occasional Meyers Rum Sour.

However, I usually stick to wine or beer - I can suck those mixed drinks down like soda pop so I usually avoid them.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 4:49:17 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Great thread--
18.gif
!

cheers--Sharon
ditto Sharon here - I love gussied up Champagne!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Knob Creek is my bourbon of choice but there are a couple of places where we go that make good ones with Maker''s Mark.

at home my go to before dinner is a tall glass of ice, add 1/3 cup San Pellegrino aranciata [italian orange soda], 1/3 cup campari, and then another 1/3 cup of the italian orange soda on top of that. don''t even have to stir........in fact, i''m having one right now!

mz

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm. I love Campari. I usually drink it straight or on the rocks.

Funny thing about the SP aranciata. I remember being in Italy one summer with my siblings back in elementary school and my grandmother asked what we liked to drink. We told her orange soda [American style!]. She came back with the SP aranciata. Ewwwww. She never heard the end of it - LOL!

BTW, I love the stuff now and every time I see the stuff I think of her.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
A Maker''s Mark manhattan. I''m going to make one now.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Strawberry Bellini for sure...

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Winter: brandy Alexander or milk punch

Summer: Gin and tonic or Campari and soda

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
French 75 or a Long Island Iced Tea. Gin (Bombay) and Tonic with lime as a mixed drink.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
18.gif

Date: 4/11/2009 2:12:16 PM
Author:elrohwen
I couldn''t decide if this thread should go in Hangout or here ... but since it kind of includes recipes, I figured this would be the best place.

What is your favorite mixed drink? For some reason I can''t *stand* the taste of hard alcohol, except for tequila - specifically margaritas
18.gif
I usually mix the following (sorry I don''t know how many ounces I''m mixing; I just use a standard shot glass to measure):

juice from 1 lime (sometimes I add some lime juice out of a bottle if the lime is really small)
1/2 shot of Triple Sec
1.5 shots of tequila (I
30.gif
Patron, but who doesn''t?)

It''s kind of like a margarita-martini, since it''s pretty minimal on the mixers. I looove these and probably make one or two a week (especially now that the weather''s getting nicer).

What''s your favorite? Post your drink recipes!
I LOVE Margaritas too!
Especially when they''re served to me poolside at my favourite resort in Mexico (Secrets Capri)..they just taste better there!
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gin and tonic with lime, but the Gin''s gotta be good.

Favorite after dinner drink, Bailey''s on the rocks.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results